Let's Go, Let's Grow! Northern Lights F3

Well what do we have here, some Northern Lights F3 from Katsu BlueBird can’t wait to see how these turn up

5 for 5 have germinated and are now in soil updates as progress happens.

23 Likes

Oh! Very excited to see an NL grow. Best of luck Geogen. :star_struck: :+1:

2 Likes

Ty so much

1 Like

4 out of 5 have sprouted

8 Likes

Exciting! :+1:

1 Like

I grew NL years ago and absolutely loved it!

2 Likes

do you know which one, or what’s in it?

1 Like

From Katsu. Doesn’t specify from the package in the photo. Just says F3.

1 Like

Here is the description from the website @splinter7

Grab your lighter ladies and gentlemen! It’s time for another trip down memory lane – this time with the legendary Northern Lights. This isn’t just any old strain; this is my personal Kryptonite! Back in the late ’80s, Amsterdam, at The Bluebird Cafe—I had my first dance with Northern Lights. I remember the feeling of a heavy, lead blanket and wobbly legs like it was yesterday. My buddy was out cold back at the hotel, and I was still on a mission, my friends. I was determined to smoke anything and everything Amsterdam had to offer and it was now the very end of the day. After smoking my way through a smorgasbord of weed from all over the city, I lit up a Northern Lights joint and walked back to the hotel. Let me tell you, this weed was like a slap in the face with the stupid stick. It cut through the fog of EVERYTHING I had smoked that day and left me seriously debilitated and stupidly high, stumbling back to the hotel to wake up my friend. Seriously some of the strongest stuff I’ve ever smoked and a permanent top shelf position in all time potent strains.
Northern Lights has a backstory that’s as clouded as Scooby’s van. Some whisper it was first bred by a shadowy figure known as “The Indian,” right on an island near Seattle. Others gossip that it might have been a Californian native before it got to Seattle. But details aside, we’re talking about a strain that’s a true-blue Afghani indica, sporting a piney taste with a hint of purple hues when it flowers, and man, does it pack a knock-your-dick-into-the-dirt punch.
What is more clear is that eventually Neville Schoenmaker created a stabilized Afghan hybrid using a Thai Sativa and the rest is cannabis history. Countless EPIC strains can trace their roots back to Northern Lights including AK47, Super Silver Haze, Sweet Tooth, Neville’s Haze, Medicine Man, and too many others to count.
Now, fast forward to today, and here I am, gearing up for the release of Northern Lights F3 seeds. This isn’t just about throwing seeds at you to grow; it’s about passing on a piece of a legend. And these seeds? They’re practically a direct line to those mythical 90’s seeds, preserved in F2 form by JoeyWeed. Whether you’re a seasoned grower or a curious newcomer, planting these seeds is like stepping into a time machine.
I don’t want to get too deep, but growing these beauties is less about recreating some mystical cannabis folklore and more about nailing that killer Northern Lights experience in your own backyard. Think of it not just as some of the most narcotic weed ever made, but as your personal cannabis journey, with a side of historical homage (because who doesn’t like a bit of story with their strain?).
So, whether you’re in it for the nostalgia, the stellar genetics, or just because you heard some crazy guy named Katsu raving about it—you’re going to want to give these Northern Lights F3 seeds a go. Trust me, it’s not just planting a seed; it’s growing a legacy. And if it turns out as strong as that night in Amsterdam, you’re in for a wild ride!

5 Likes

thanks, still not sure i know what to conclude, but perhaps it’s just an NL1 or NL2 mix…I don’t remember seeing NL f2 from Joeyweed, but this makes some sense after the katsu ak f3 release.

The ak f3 also was from joeys ak F2 I know joey is legit and I know there are still some sites that sell his F2s but they are far and few between and I know joeys cuts are real deal

ya, i’ve lurked his ak and widow for a few years. i need to pull the trigger…cash to canada is a weird, but maybe one day.

1 Like

I’m sure it’ll happen some point. I do plan on hopefully being able to do a small batch seed run for myself for later use but we will see what happens as the time comes and the plants come of age for sexing. I do know for sure I’m gonna be keeping a male around for a few things, that I have in mind if I find a good one. And if this NL lives up to its name(i have been disappointed in other NL genetics before) I really hope that this is as close to what I remember as NL the numbers never ment anything to me cuz of yay I got a pack of NL# 3 how many do you think came out exactly as the mother or as described I still have yet to find one that hit it right on the nose and the katsu version is exactly word for for word minis being in Amsterdam how I remember it being. just as an example or even take the original cheese a supposed skunk pheno but who knows really since even the original skunk is still a mystery.genetics are a funny thing and very random with how they match up and mix and mingle

I’ve bought seeds with cash before because I wanted them pretty bad. I just do my best to conceal it in a card without stacking or folding it in a recognizable way. I also pad the card or envelope to make it harder to feel. Then pay for tracking.

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s skunk 1 I’m not talking the floral skunk

Well what did you mean? The fabled rks?

Not the RKS per say but something close to it cuz I know RKS is one of those things that is gonna be long lost and held tight by a few of the elites and won’t ever come out but yes something along the RKS line but not needing to be the RKS but similar if that makes sense

Yeah like Kentucky skunk or Florida skunk. I feel you.

1 Like

Yes like that. I know in my heart there is RKS out there it just needs to be found or let go by whoever is holding on to it