Let's have another round....testing etc

BlackDak1 x Cherry Queen the #2 plant has been id’d as male. I suspected 2 days ago and have not seen any droop of the balls but

Nicely structured after the cut. And the original smells strongly of pepper on a stem rub at the petiole/fingers

These plants have not received what I would call optimum care and attention. They have alternately been left to dry more than would be best for fastest growth.

I have my suspicions about 3 more and one of the cuts may have foundered and have to be redone. It would be terrible to lose the streak and so have left it instead of taking another. Will have to do it and 6 soon if it doesn’t pull thru the next day or two.

8 Likes

**Black Dak 1 x Cherry Queen ** plant # 3 has id’d as male

Good looking little fella. Not quite as smelly as #2 and with a little larger leaves.

And then #1 id’d as female.

she smells of pepper and a little of celery… for now

The clone for #5 is attempting a comeback and I have hope for it now.

8 Likes

Very cool. This is a cross I’m excited to see. Pepper comes from the black Domina from the blackdak side.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds your wares are looking pretty damn good.

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to run some when I run them black dominas.

1 Like

The 3 Black Lebanon x Black Afghani clones

The one in the back is at 54 days into flower and it is about 10-14 days ahead of the front two.

On the right is the Wicked Widow and on the left is the clone entrant.

11 Likes

Looking good as always!

2 Likes

The apex cut from Black Lebanon x Black Afghani #5 was chopped Saturday. It is now jarred and curing. The terps are complex and appeal nicely to the nose in small doses. It’s pretty strong when the jar is opened. Will have a taste test for that one up soon. Here she is at 60 days and chopped soon after

The #3 clones were dried on the stalk so they were harvested this am.

The solo cup was beyond salvage.

But that makes room for other things. So a need arose and the empty space got a new plant today.

So I bent the branches on Black Dak x Cherry Queen #1and into 12/12 with her. An interesting coincidence occurred to me as I named the plants on a strain by number it seems the last 3 times #1 was a female. LOL

Edit: was not at home and had to leave care to others for a few days as life has sometimes unexpected things to throw at us. Dealt with and on track again. (hopefully)

12 Likes

Plan B.

Got 5 here numbered and ready to sex of Lowland Dakini X Pine Tar Kush

These have some interesting leaves note the ‘sawtooth’ edges.

6 Likes

@MomOnTheRun @lefthandseeds
There’s a new project underway.

Thanks to MoTR for the gifts. I have lighting covered since these can get to about 140 watts she says. May add a bit more light to get to about 35 watts/ft^2

12 Likes

Wow nice colas! Any changes to the smell after it’s cured for a few days now?

3 Likes

Aye. It is hard to describe but pleasant. The wife said it has notes of a Christmas tree in it and she claims she smells eucalyptus. I don’t get those it as much as a sweet odor like unto pineapple but not really. Now the thing is there are two phenos and the leaves on #5 look very sativa like to me. OTOH I have read a natural indica has thin leaves so I dunno.

Edit: #3 smells a bit of pine like she describes. #5 more of pineapple crossed with turpentine maybe.

7 Likes

Pineapple is one of the smells I got from the black leb… but only when it cured. It just generally had some complex smells that I could never put my finger one, but definitely pineapple at various points in the cure.

The black afghani is one that I feel like I could nail down pretty well… but never the leb.

7 Likes

Aye it is difficult to actually describe. I will say it definitely smells different flowering vs drying vs cured. vs ground for use. I am hoping she isn’t too racy at 60 days.

4 Likes

The Black Leb can be a little bit racy, but nothing like some other strains I’ve had. Black Afghani is definitely not. Good old-fashioned ass on the couch stone.

6 Likes

Oh BTW wife liked the smell curing enough to want to make a candle for scenting a room that smelled like it.

5 Likes

:joy: sounds like an affirmative vote to me! I’m definitely going to grow it after I finish my current project. Hopefully my wife doesn’t get any ideas… we already have a candle problem.

5 Likes

They are capable of 70w each though with those particular drivers run at 60w each :wink:

I have done as low as 20w/sqft and as high as 40w/sqft with these…imho, the sweet spot is at 30w/sqft :wink:

8 Likes

You building out a new grow closet? I like those LEDs. I use some similar boards with the Samsung chips. Used cobs for a while, but switched everything over to boards after a minor thermal runaway scare.

6 Likes

Ouch.

I hope to put it together over the next week or so. Depending on the heat load inside and other factors may not be able to run it till December. The plan is to caulk and paint first, Lights and circulation fans and an exhaust fan then add charcoal filter.

3 Likes