Let's have another round....testing etc

I’ve got a holy punch in veg at the minute :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It is a slow grower but it is producing some large colas. Not an over-powering smell. A bit skunky and very chunky :slight_smile: I am looking forward to tasting her but expect it to be at least a month. I cleaned the center fan leaves out to help it get airflow in there. At about 6 weeks she looks nice and is 2 or 3 weeks away.

The Wicked Widow is a bit taller and the bud structure much different. Also has at various times smelled lemony and sometimes sweet.

@GrowHard 6 10-D at about a week above the soil line.

The Black Dak x Cherry Queen met with various approvals and dislikes. To be expected in a plant with strong flavors. It is smoothing out as it cures and is less racy with time. Well worth seeking out this pheno. Here is the last pic I took. It is a low stretch, easy to clone plant and is vigorous and stacks nodes nicely. 8 weeks flower and 2 weeks cure do nicely. Serious couch lock could possibly obtained with a longer flower time.

The Low Dak x PTK had a great flavor. Taken at 63 days I enjoy it and it has decent potency. There is a smell in the ground weed of burnt rubber and the potency seems to be coming on as the cure goes on. I enjoy it and will definitely be looking for this pheno in the remaining seeds.

It cloned fairly easy but those nodes are really tight together.

Edit: as for bugs I applied some DE and have been hosing if I saw any. Using a loupe and checking them daily when I water. Not that many plants so easy to be on top of.

Edit note 2: changed to 6 weeks flowering so far on HP. think it would be 45 days but …

9 Likes

I’m getting that in some phenos of LDxCherry Queen as well. It’s not for everyone, but I likes a stinky weed. :smile:

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve got one that has a dominant burnt rubber smell ! and I love it ! Gonna have to re-veg her ,I got a male and a female from the two that I popped ! The male had the same smell also ! I’m excited to see how she turns out ! Thanks Lefty ! Very nice gear to sift through !
Peace and love !
Overgrow !

3 Likes

I like it …it has lemony and pine notes too.

4 Likes

I’m glad I decided to do a male selection and F2 the line. I’ve noticed quite a bit of variation in these, but that’s not terribly surprising, since it’s a hybrid of F1s of similar genetic backgrounds. The F2s might be all over the map, but by the smells I’m already getting, I think there might be some really rich phenos to find.

4 Likes

My holy punch was pretty low odor. At the very end she smelled like fruit. Juicy fruit gum.

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds delicious ! Always wanted to chase that flavor myself ! How’s the high on that stain ? Would love to hear your thoughts on it
Peace and love

2 Likes

It’s a nice cerebral high, but also won’t keep you up at night. Zero raciness. It’s a nice balanced hybrid.

3 Likes

Yeah ,Im really loving this one as well ! I’m excited for that burnt rubber,I had separated the male and shoe boxed a couple pollen sacks and tried to apply some to the female for a couple f2 beans as well ,can get a look from over here too brother ! I really love your work ! Man I can never keep up! I know that you are on to some other crazy gear as well,I may have hit her with a touch of NL Haze dust,will see what comes up /not certain if she took !
Peace and love brother !
Overgrow !

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! I hope they are doing well for you. It sound like you found some nice plants. I think NL/Haze would go very nicely with this strain!

2 Likes

I’ve got a pile put aside for you, will definitely add some of these to that pile! On the females are very similar in terps just varing levels, although I put one round two -three weeks ahead of the last four seedlings,hash and towards bubble gum, may be wishful thinking,I will get another opinion,the main concern is the cure,but it really adds to the enjoyment of smelling all the different cultivars! Damn ,I love kicking the lights on everyday!
Haha ! Peace and love!
Overgrow!
PS,was trying to say that the NL Haze males should be very similar to the females,very stable looking line,they do kick the same smells, Cheers
I do also think it would be a great cross ! , Peace

2 Likes

Anyone notice how they throw a big smell at lights on or off? Like they are sighing or something? And the smell is aroma therapy :smile: )

3 Likes

Absolutely ! I can really notice at lights on for me ! And super fresh air ! Some fine therapy !
Peace and love !

2 Likes

Nothing like a good cure to smooth things out. I’ve been lurking lots of the threads on this site. Including the ones on curing and flushing. May be a bit to one theory I saw advanced about flushing substituting for cure time later.

Anyway-Black Dak1 x Cherry Queen is impressive. Perhaps the best thing I have grown of @lefthandseeds gear. Nice spears and the flavors have mellowed with a nice long cure. It would have great bag appeal,

The ground smoke is a bit lighter than the buds and smells lightly of cherry cough drops. Potent and I enjoy the affects and the flavor. Very vigorous and dark. Roots well.

The Low Dak 3 x PTK plant produced plenty of nice nugs and perhaps yields better than the other but does not clone as well.

I think it should have been a 10 week plant but at 9 weeks it is flavorful and the ground weed smells of burnt rubber. Not overwhelming but unmistakable. Excellent flavor and lemon and pine are also present.

Holy Punch is getting closer to done. The pistils are dying back and the calyxes are beginning to swell

And the Widow

13 Likes

Everything looks great! the BD1 x CQ buds are super impressive!

3 Likes

That’s a nice plant and I will have it about for a while. I have already shared a cut with a grower to make sure it is not lost. He shared it with another and so it will be out there.

The Holy Punch is only now showing even a touch of color on a single leaf. Variety is said to be 60 days. At 62 days and it still is not really showing any color or droop but I suppose it is ready and I will probably take it down instead of watering in a day or two. High yield for such a small plant.

11 Likes

Appreciate the detailed smoke report! Do you prefer the effects of the BDxCQ or LDxPTK? I’m glad you got a little lemon in your pheno. I’m also getting some burning rubber in some phenos of the LDxCQ I’m growing. Hope it carries through!

3 Likes

I prefer the taste of the LDxPTK but as for affects the BD1xCQ works it’s magic in smaller quantities. Not that the latter tastes bad to me…I like it’s flavor just gets real strong sometimes when you relight a joint.

Edit: Thinking about this I preferred the LDxPTK’s affects if they had been as strong as the other.

2 Likes

Holy Punch is jarred up now here is a pic dried and ready to jar with the apex cut cloned and vegged and ready for flower. Should be a bit more next round :slight_smile:

]

Bud shots…just the fans pulled.

11 Likes