Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

A rare sighting of the cat I call Munchy. Munchy always looks really stoned. Its eyes are always squinty.
Munchy is also a different cat…its a “munchkin”… its got really short legs. It’s basically a low rider cat.

It is homeless. When I see him in my backyard I just leave him alone, not many places he feels safe around here so he’s welcome to hang out in my yard.

13 Likes

@chronix . I had to look that breed up. I never heard of a Munchkin cat breed. Actually I thought you were making a joke until I searched “short legged cat breeds” to see what breed it might be.
I had a good bit of reading to do. Thanks. :slight_smile:
My wife said that would be the breed for us. We’ve had a time keeping the cat, that adopted us, off the counters. lol
Keeping a Munchkin off the counters would be no problem at all. lol

5 Likes

Got a groundhog that lives in my yard under our shed. He just popped out for a visit.

14 Likes

AKA a whistle pig, or the goddamn devil.
They get fat on my peas.

4 Likes

@anon58740919 me sleeping :rofl:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Esmereldaspike. We have a thread for introducing yourself to the community if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I already introduced her there brother :sunglasses::green_heart: showing her how to flush and base Coco now. She’s gonna plant a couple of auto pink grapefruit from short stuff seeds. Gifted by @Esrgood4u. Look out for @Esmereldaspike first grow diary :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

This should be interesting.

4 Likes

I’m sure it will. Just waiting for a mod to approve her journal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

19 Likes

I WANT HUMMINGBIRD HAWK MOTHS IN MY YARD!!! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

they are pretty cool,like tiny Hummingbrds…4-5cm long
don´t know,if they´re flying around in your neck of the woods

3 Likes

almost stept on it…didn´t expect a common euro viper in the garden…

…the only venemous one in our region,but not deadly.

that´s pretty cool ! the first one i´ve ever seen alive,they´re prettty shy.

18 Likes

He’s beautiful.

Only my second time seeing a rattle snake(eastern diamondback) in the everglades or for that matter anywhere.

20 Likes

luckily we don´t get rattlers over here

6 Likes

I have seen 1 rattle snake in my life. We were building some dirt jumps(bmx delinquents), and there were always garter snakes and such, so we were all pretty used to snakes. We went to move that one(he was partially in leaves) and let me tell you, when we heard the rattle, we all just about shit lol.
We left him alone to move along in his own time. :+1:

7 Likes

This is indeed very nice! Last year while visiting grandpa near Magdeburg my son and I came across a huge one, she was gone as fast as she came, my son was stunned and sow as I. Never saw one in person before.

2 Likes

I used to find and play with Rattle snakes with a long stick when I was a kid. :rofl:
I got in a lot of shit when my mom caught me in the act. :laughing: :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I get that. When I was 14 I owned 8 snakes. I have always enjoyed reptiles. Never owned a poison one though. I’ve handled several but never kept one. I don’t feel the need to own one that bad. lol
I killed a 4’ 6" rattler out in front of my yard a few years ago. Too many kids play in the area for me to allow him to live because I wasn’t going to try and capture it to relocate. Now I have a long snake skin on the wall, someday to be a guitar strap.

8 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed reptiles and amphibians as well. Also Tarantulas and Scorpions. I have had alot of different kinds over the years. I don’t keep them anymore though cause I think they are better off in their natural habitats. No offense to people that do keep them at all, I loved keeping them too!
:snake: :lizard: :frog: :spider: :scorpion:

4 Likes