Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

This is indeed very nice! Last year while visiting grandpa near Magdeburg my son and I came across a huge one, she was gone as fast as she came, my son was stunned and sow as I. Never saw one in person before.

2 Likes

I used to find and play with Rattle snakes with a long stick when I was a kid. :rofl:
I got in a lot of shit when my mom caught me in the act. :laughing: :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I get that. When I was 14 I owned 8 snakes. I have always enjoyed reptiles. Never owned a poison one though. I’ve handled several but never kept one. I don’t feel the need to own one that bad. lol
I killed a 4’ 6" rattler out in front of my yard a few years ago. Too many kids play in the area for me to allow him to live because I wasn’t going to try and capture it to relocate. Now I have a long snake skin on the wall, someday to be a guitar strap.

8 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed reptiles and amphibians as well. Also Tarantulas and Scorpions. I have had alot of different kinds over the years. I don’t keep them anymore though cause I think they are better off in their natural habitats. No offense to people that do keep them at all, I loved keeping them too!
:snake: :lizard: :frog: :spider: :scorpion:

4 Likes

this is the Offspring of the 2 white storks,i showed above…

…there were 2 Youngsters,but sadly just this one made it…

16 Likes

Park just down the street. About 11’ croc

16 Likes

That’s one park that you definitely have to keep your dog on a line!

5 Likes

That would be dogfishing…no? :laughing:

2 Likes

did you eat the other one? be honest…

everyone has such cool animals, here we have robins, squirrels and a few fat raccoons. very dull

6 Likes

OK, not an animal, but I think it’s a cool looking insect. Pretty sure it’s a katydid.

10 Likes

Yes @Purple-N-Hairy. That’s just what it is. Very cool pic.

2 Likes

Here is my pet/wild rabbit. She is my friend enjoys my company. It’s really bizarre. My garden/shed is in the back so I see her often. I duck down close to her and she just looks me in the eyes. We have been friends for almost 5 years. Here she is showing my wife her building materials for her nest. BTW I’ve offered her leaves from my plants and she doesn’t eat them. One time last year I thought she was sick and offered her a delicious bud and she didn’t eat it

13 Likes

Had to go to a hospital 3 hours north of me to get a contractor organized and found this little one outside the back door. It was right against the door for some reason all curled up. I was worried about someone stepping on it so I ended up moving it away from the door. After it freaked out a bit it flew off over to a near by tree where nothing will bother it.

13 Likes

Way cool! Can you chain him to you plant for a constant supply of Guano?

3 Likes

LOL, was just happy to get it out of the danger zone.

2 Likes

:notes: “Don’t step-on him in the danger zone!” :notes:

2 Likes

Cormorants on a floating trunk in my backyard, still wondering how they all get there … icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

8 Likes

Just out fishing… in a few hours there’ll probably be a few beers cracked. :wink:

4 Likes

definitely a mink… cute guys but I hate em. 6 yrs ago a mink ate close to $18k worth of koi from my pond. sucker took 19 fish overnight. all 16" to 18" premium koi. koi I had raised for 10 years fro. fingerlings :frowning: very few pond predators here and only a mink will do that… a heron would have left them all on dry land with a hole in them (too big to eat).

I agree!! the DEVIL. destroyed a few gardens here. since I’m too soft to kill them I relocate 3 to 5 a year…

2 Likes

This thing landed in the river just up from me and then paddled its way right in front of me…massive bird. Trumpeter swan.

11 Likes