Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Lyme disease can usually be cured now, thankfully. But black widows have been known to kill humans. It’s rare, but death usually lasts a lifetime, too! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Wasn’t aware that it was easily curable now.
But I still dont want it, or spider bites. Lol

3 Likes

Well, I didn’t say it was easy to cure it, but I’m sure it’s not like the old days when you had to get a huge needle in your belly button multiple times to prevent rabies after being bit by a rabid animal.

Agreed, though - I don’t want spiders or ticks! But I think I’d rather have a spider bite, as long as it’s not a brown recluse!!

2 Likes

They can do worse than that @Floyd . My brother can never eat the meat of a mammal, ever. He can eat fish or chicken with no problem but he gets hives, and in bad cases he has trouble breathing. When he pets his dog, he has to wash his hands or they will break out.
All this from a tick.
I had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and damn near died. Ticks are bad news. The Dr said that they can carry over one hundred pathogens.

3 Likes

Dammmmm, that sucks! I hate ticks!

3 Likes

It’s crazy how dangerous it is to leave one of those on you for a little while. Over 24 hours and the risk is high.

I was killing a little seed tick and the blood (from two feet away) got a drop in my eye. Within five minutes my eye was shut and I headed to the emergency room. When I told them what happened, they rushed me in and the Dr ordered a “antibiotics cocktail”. They gave me as much as my body could handle and, still, I ended up with Spotted Fever.

2 Likes

Bunch of these little guys around my yard.

10 Likes

Here’s something for that tarantula.

IMG_8142

3 Likes

Is that a king snake?

No it’s a ground snake. Also I’m outta likes. :weary:

Cool. I don’t think we have those on the east coast

Ya they are so small. Even the adults are very small.

My apologies @MoBilly I thought you posted a pic of some Aussie redbacks but just realised after some research you guys have Black Widows with the red marking too. Also found out the Australian redback is also called the Australian Black Widow, well you learn something new everyday

5 Likes

Yep @FattyRoots , she’s a widow all right. Basically, the only difference is that a Widow is slightly larger and a Redback will try to avoid a human. Black Widows are aggressive. They will attack instead of retreat. Cranky outfits.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I have those damn widows all over around here.

2 Likes

I leave them be for the most part. I have had to kill some when they get too populated. Normally they are easy to spot so I just avoid them.

2 Likes

Yea if they are in a blatant spot I feel is risky I kill them. Those suckers jump really far too.

2 Likes

What @Kasper0909 ? You don’t relocate them? lol

2 Likes

No haha those are frightening little bitches!!

2 Likes