Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

They are nocturnal, but you still see them out in the day the odd time. I’m usually a little leery of those…I mean a little more leery.

3 Likes

Rabies? Or just frigging crazy mofo skunk. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That lil’ stinker totally Gandalfed you! :rofl:

4 Likes

Give a hoot, don’t pollute

5 Likes

yearlings enjoying first snow of the year.

9 Likes

My front porch camera, past summer. We usually get a resident black bear every year. I don’t pay much mind to them but the wife is pretty scared because she’s often outside with her small dog. We’ve had some that don’t show much fear (they usually don’t make it back the next year) but we’ve never had one be aggressive in any way.

15 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

I didn’t see it, but I heard a woman being murdered in the woods late last night…

Scary AF sounds coming from a RED FOX… Atleast that’s what Google tells me, So I’m going with this…

6 Likes

Yeah, if you’ve never heard a fox screaming, it can be unsettling until you figure out what it is. :flushed:

6 Likes

A bobcat will send goosebumps down to your heels if you hear that when walking a trail home in the dark. Especially when your 11 and walking alone back from your Uncles house through the West Virginia hills with a 3/4 dead flashlight.
Ask me how I know. lol
:scream:

11 Likes

On a trip to the Osa Peninsula in CR my wife and I hiked in to a waterfall. On the way back I heard this throaty “Huuuh” sound coming from the jungle. I was trying to see what was making the sound as I’d never heard it in a dozen trips to Central America. Whatever it was kept making it, so I tiptoed my way off the trail toward the sound with my camera ready. The further I went, the sound always seemed to stay the same distance away. My wife kept calling me to get back so I finally gave up.
Later that night at dinner the owner of the Lookout Inn was asking everyone what they did and saw that day. I brought up the hike to the waterfall and asked about this sound I heard.
“You didn’t see it?” he asked
“Nope”.
“That’s a jaguar”.

7 Likes

Yeah… you were very lucky!

I was camping with friends and needed to take a piss in the middle of the night so I crawled out of the tent and walked a bit of our site to the “bathroom area” and saw a flash of light to the side of me. Focusing on the flash, there were a pair of eyes larger than I could compute for the part of Ontario I was in… additionally it was partial up the tree so it clearly listened to Obi Wan:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (15)

After attempting to process this it darted off and the sound it made when it hit the ground told me this thing was NOT small. I did my business knowing that there’s minimal I could do, this is it’s territory so I gotta just be stoic.

The next day we ran into a park ranger and I described what I saw to the best of my ability; and that’s when I learned about these fuckers and oh boy was I happy it chose to fuck-off rather than punk me. :open_mouth:

A FISHER; aka:

He then went on the explain that they are rarely seen, and that I was lucky to even see one! Then he noted for their hunting of porcupines which is why they are considered badasses up with the freaking Honey Badger.

And they are NOT small.

8 Likes

I saw my first and only fisher about 5 years ago. He was about 4 metres up a tree, and I was able to walk almost right under him and look at him. He didn’t care one bit that I was there, just looked curious.

As for the jaguar…always wanted to see one. But not that remote by myself. The only cat that crushes your skull to kill.

3 Likes

I’d definitely prefer that to being eaten alive :scream:

1 Like

Ever see them attack crocs and caimen?

4 Likes

It just loves you!

2 Likes

9 Likes

My daughter was walking her dog and saw this guy yesterday morning.

14 Likes