Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Wood ducks on the lawn this morning. It’s raining so they are enjoying some worms.

13 Likes

You’re correct! Thanks. I misremembered. Reading back at my post… I must have been stoned. lol
:grinning:
The smaller, more well known, average maximum weight of 6 to 40 kg (13 to 88 lb) depending on species, with the exception of the black caiman (Melanosuchus niger), which can grow more than 4 m (13 ft) in length and weigh in excess of 1,000 kg (2,200 Ib)!
That isn’t something I want to go swimming around!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I saw them yesterday on the prairie at dawn (sorry for the awful pic, poor light), also raining, I was wondering what the heck were they doing far from the water … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

10 Likes

I keep trying to get a picture of the birdie, but as soon as I open the door she takes off. I snapped a pic of her nest and eggs though.

We’re gonna leave her be until they’re gone, and hope we don’t need that extension cord for anything until then :joy:

14 Likes

Walking the dogs this morning. Geese and ducks not where they should be.

17 Likes

@Floyd shit like this usually means “Graboids” are about!

ezgif.com-optimize(32)

9 Likes

Dam Graboids!

2 Likes

I was gonna say and black bear!!

A doe and her fawn passing through the yard

13 Likes

Beautiful property, love the water views.

5 Likes

Thanks friend, here’s another group of wild beasts I had fly over a few weeks ago. You might be familiar with them haha. There were five in total, I missed the first two and the first one was flying so low it shook the house.

It was really weird because I’m in the middle in nowhere but a few days later a bunch of blackhawks flew over too.

7 Likes

You near Ft Drum by chance? Or down south in SC?

1 Like

14 Likes

Probably my buddies at Ft Hood, TX going to maneuvers. Too cool! I love seeing a squadron of 16 flying low. Thanks for those pics, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen anything but Chinooks and Blackhawks flying around.

1 Like

Their wing feathers are so pretty in person.

2 Likes

Raccoon on my porch!!! Got a video… was a possum the night before.

9 Likes

Our groundhog made an appearance and now I know where he set up residents after the old shed was taken down.
That’s my rabbit hutch that got blown over in the storm last week. Luckily it was empty at the time.

Right up under the house.

19 Likes

We call em whistle pigs down in VA and they’re not popular with horse and cattlemen due to the holes they dig causing injuries to livestock. Cute little buggers though.

3 Likes

It’s name is lando

15 Likes

Yeah. If we still kept horses this one would be supper or relocated.

2 Likes