Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Vine snake feasting on a skink

14 Likes

Most of our close encounters with the eagles come when they are eating roadkill, they tend to not be so jumpy and you can roll up on them sometimes. In the wild, it’s striking how large they are.

2 Likes

I call. Him Bernd

Bernd doesn’t liked to be photographed

9 Likes

Saw this bird this morning while walking my dog. Somebodys missing a pet.

15 Likes

That’s a cockatiel.

1 Like

Yep. I had a couple of them when I was younger.

1 Like

Had a friend working on some sprinklers one day and saw one. He called to it and it flew down and landed on his head. Took him home and had a wonderful pet. This was about 20yrs ago.

5 Likes

This one flew away just after I took that pic. I hope he does find his home or another one. :smiley:

1 Like

:sob: :sob: :sob:

The missus and I have nightmares about this happening with our sweet Bubbles!

I hope they are rescued soon, it’s too cold for an Oz Dessert Pigeon!

5 Likes

clip those wings! turn your buddy into glider only! cant go too far then.

2 Likes

12 Likes

This spider was towing an egg sack around the garden this morning, thought it was neat after we got over us scaring the hell out of each other at first lol. Kinda bigger than it looks since it was trying to hide when i took the picture, and I’ve never seen this type before

That’s cold blooded, man :nerd_face:

I caught a black snake in the chicken coup the other week, but I was to busy showing it off to some guests (kids friends) to get pics.

Super proud dad moment, with the lump of the egg he stole still in his throat.

I sneak up and get them by the tail, and if you keep a gentle swinging motion all they can do is hang there.

I just toss the blacksnakes back into the woods, because I had a pet one i named houdini when I was a kid. Drum roll…he escaped. True story :v:

6 Likes

We get turkeys and stuff in our yard all the time.

There’s a bird living in a tote outside, it made its nest in my extension cord :joy:

13 Likes

A different jellyfish I just found deleting old pictures this one was extremely dense, not all floppy. It was incredibly heavy for its size. Jellyfish are really cool

10 Likes

Is it just me or does this bear a resemblance to Osama bin Laden?

10 Likes

th-1205472276

M8ght be the stem and a cap I ate after dinner but this is what I see lol. Like a weird rorschach test or something. You gotta tilt your head to the right a little

2 Likes

new mom, new year.

20 Likes

We call him Alexander. He sounds like a damn ak-47 when “hit’s the wood.”

23 Likes

Beautiful, pileated woodpecker. sure dont see them too often(at least down here).

3 Likes

Caimen can get a lot bigger than that. Unbelievable that a cat will go into the water after one of these things.

10 Likes