Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Got a good one for you today! It’s mama turkey and 4 little babies. Sorry for the quality, we try to get pictures of her all the time and they all turn out like this. We call her Nessy because all the photos look like the Loch Ness Monster

17 Likes

We get so many turkeys around here that I pretty much stopped taking pictures. But the best (clearest) pics I have of them are when they’re directly under the windows.

12 Likes

These are a screen grabs I pulled from a video I just shot with my digital camera. I thinks they’re higher quality than my phone, but I know I can do better!

And the final shot…

:joy:

19 Likes

Hard to get pictures of them, they never stop moving. :laughing:

3 Likes

Search out doobieduck and his hummingbird pics for encouragement! Fantastic images…

3 Likes

They’re one of my favorites at the feeder. They hover around me chirping when I put the feeders out in the morning. We have to bring all the bird feeders in at dusk or else they become bear feeders. I’ve never had much luck taking pics of them myself, your’s came out nice.

3 Likes

Priceless :joy:

1 Like

My spouse says hes jealous of your goblet of turkeys!

1 Like

Only when they perch to drink. And pee…apparently!

Yeah, we had a beautiful hand blown glass feeder that we hung off of one of our elevated decks, but a bear decided to climb up and grab it (the feeder didn’t survive). So now we have this new feeder hanging from a chain that’s attached to a 3rd floor gutter, but it’s right in front of the window and easy to clean/refill (and take pics!).

Wow, awesome pics! That dude has some great equipment, for sure.

Hmmm…then he might like these pics. They were taken in the winter time, obviously, and the tom turkeys had to puff up to establish their territory around the deer…

20 Likes

16 Likes

17 Likes

Just got a new bird feeder to replace the one a bear crushed. Love the yellow finches.

15 Likes

17 Likes

15 Likes

The leaves (and some like the flowers (( not me )) ) make a pretty relaxing tea. We harvest them every year and give friends and family teabags of passion fruit.
I thought about making some tincture because the tea is so relaxing I wonder what tincture would be like.

1 Like

I ve read a couple things along those lines, but never pursued it…I’ll check it out, thank you!

We’ve had the white petal one for a few years, it didn’t fruit for the first two years, but now we get lots

1 Like

The deer and raccoon get most of our fruit. They will take the fruit just before it is actually completely ripe. That ticks me off but we get enough, I guess. lol
I love me some passion fruit jelly.

2 Likes

Finally got a pic with Mama and her three fawns. Sadly, I believe the fawn under her in the first pic is missing part of its rear, right leg. It’s limping pretty hard, but it seems really happy and surprisingly, plays more than the other two. Something had to have happened to it, because all three were fine a few days ago.

It’s the one on the right in this picture:

21 Likes

It’s heartbreaking to see stuff like that. I see it far too often around here. But if there is a bright spot, it’s that it happened while the fawn was young and it’ll adjust nicely; to the point that the limp will become much less noticeable, if at all.

3 Likes

I just finished watering my plants and came out to the living room to find this guy eating my bird feeders. Not used to having them show up during the day but he has mange pretty badly and is not in the best shape.

18 Likes