Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Dammit collards

1 Like

And here like a Flash Gordon comic: a jewel beetle … beer3|nullxnull

17 Likes

re-upload with correct pic lol.

14 Likes

This little guy has been climbing our brick wall and jumping into the bird feeder. Longest tail I have ever seen on a squirel.

18 Likes

It’s nice to see the boys are alert and keeping an eye on things.

19 Likes

Looks like their full lol. How many squirrels can one cat eat in a day.

5 Likes

:joy:

She’s been with us for years. They don’t even try to catch her anymore. I’ve been trying to get that shot for months. You can see the peanut I tossed her. Her name is Casper, because she’s so friendly.

6 Likes

:yum:

5 Likes

16 Likes

Birds

21 Likes

Nice hooters.

9 Likes

Thanks to my pond, I’m responsible for many thousands of frogs and toads in my area. I’ve always loved frogs and toads, so the fact that I have so many of them around is great - and the sounds they make, especially at night, is very soothing.

Here’s a very young Wood Frog. It’s among the new batch of little ones that made their way out of the pond this summer. This pic was taken in the wooded area behind my veggie garden (my home is surrounded by forest).

This is an American Toad. Lucky for him, I saw him as I was mowing my lawn, so I moved him to the safe space under one of the decks.

18 Likes

4 fawns frolicking after feeding on the tree branch I cut down and left out for the deer.

18 Likes

Beside the Autobahn…

21 Likes

Pollinating my fragrant lettuce. It smells so nutty and just amazing

I have not determined which type of caterpillar this is, I looked through a few lists but couldnt find any like this

11 Likes

That’s a Green Skipper…

11 Likes

19 Likes

What’s that blue thing?

Oh, hey

11 Likes

18 Likes

Bald faced hornets.

13 Likes