Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

can you get a close up?! i cant see them! just kidding!

4 Likes

Sadly, they were blocking my shed, so had to be destroyed. They got me twice and got my buddy once. It was unfortunate as they are beneficial but were a danger. If they had been in another place, I would have happily let them be.

12 Likes

12 Likes

Albino deer

21 Likes

Are they Mule deer? They look beefier than Whitetails.

Whitetails, they have been coming around the house for a bit now. I love it.
It’s pretty thick I hope nobody gets it this season.
I just want to snuggle with it but I’d have to kill it and skin it cause it’s skittish but I get that way when I’m the only white one :rofl:

1 Like

About ten years ago there was one in the woods where I hunt. Every time I seen it I just watched in wonder. Something almost magical about it I thought. I’d have to b starving to take that one. But there are others who would consider it a trophy :pensive:

2 Likes

Something happened to this one’s mom being raised in captivity now

18 Likes

Cool little guy, what’s it’s name?

I consider myself lucky to have such a blessing walk in and feel comfortable enough to eat what I put out for them while I stand outside for watching.

2 Likes

Oh yes. I have yard deer too. Every evening bout dark they come thru. Didn’t name the baby just took it to a animal rehab kinda place

2 Likes

Good deal, I can’t help but name them :grin:
I’ll do it for you… It’s name is ACORN.

2 Likes

Blue tailed skink

7 Likes

i didn’t see that this was a reply at first and thought “that’s a terrible name for a baby deer”.

2 Likes

took almost two years of the horse and donkey being gone for the deer to investigate the barn.

13 Likes

Saw this little guy on a hike 2day

21 Likes

i can contribute a bit to this thread ,
i live in a rural part of tropical northern australia,
we see plenty of animals here ,

this guy; was on the wall in the laundry
its a tarantula , whistling spider , they get pretty large and are quite aggressive …

17 Likes

this is a little glider possum
found him outside with the chickens picking on him ,
not sure why he was out at that time , but i saved him and put him back out when it got dark because they are nocturnal as with many australian critters ,
seems like nothing lives here during the day other than a few birds ,
but come night time the place really comes alive , many dont see the critters for that reason … …

26 Likes

an agile wallaby ,
he didnt mind the dog , who is a very placid fella ,
and they played around for a little while before the wallaby hopped away ,
usually wallabies are quite timid and scared of dogs , but this guy didnt seem to be ,
he came back several times after this photo …

28 Likes

18 Likes