Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

The Turkeys are at my Dads farm in south western Ontario Canada.
I don’t like to eat them? But many do!
:peace_symbol:

23 Likes

I took this photo I think two days ago?
I also believe it to be, a Merlin Falcon? But I am still learning.
Photo taken in South western Ontario Canada as well.
I like these birds, you should see them fly, and catch a bird in the wing? Feathers everywhere!!
Nature is incredible!!!

20 Likes

19 Likes

I love box turtles. They’re getting fewer and fewer every year. We had a tiny one stop by this summer by the porch.

4 Likes

And some more animals in action in my back yard?
🫢😬🫢

7 Likes

And a bee covered in pollen at my Dads farm, and a wasp of some type I believe in my backyard again in Southwestern Ontario Canada.

:peace_symbol::lobster:

14 Likes

I think the bee might have just left Doug Dawsons house. :joy::wink::+1:

8 Likes

Saw a bald eagle on the lake yesterday

22 Likes

22 Likes

Not sure what type of insect this but I think it looks cool :sunglasses:.
In southern Ontario Canada :canada:

14 Likes

This was a rare sighting.

PelecinusCO1f

13 Likes

@MoBilly Thanks for the information. Very informative. Right up my alley.
Seems I will posting more odd insects at least to me. In hopes of getting more info like this.
Replies like this make this place so special.
Most would never give a care about a bug.
But it seems not here!:grin::+1::pray:
Thanks so much!

6 Likes

I also never knew it was that rare. Wow I am lucky. and it landed on my pot plant. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We all know yellow jackets are insane at this time of year…well I guess I stepped on a nest, got stung 3 times, and (thankfully) lost my shoe while fleeing the crazy bastards…they stung my shoe for about 10 minutes until I got a long stick and moved it away from the nest…look at them all going at my shoe!

18 Likes

Any time @Crawfish .:wink:

@CanuckistanPete ,
I was pushing dirt a couple of years ago and got into a huge nest of those little bastards. Even as stove up as I am, I jumped off the tractor like an 18 year old running late for a date night.
I threw it in neutral but didn’t take time to shut her down. The rig kept running and the bees kept attacking it. We lost a lot of fuel waiting for my brother to arrive with his bee suit.
That suit looked yellow from a distance with thousands of those yellow jackets all over it.
I got hit over a dozen times. They chased me off for at least 300 feet before leaving me alone.

I have a deep disliking for them.

10 Likes

Walking stick on my back porch this morning.

20 Likes

@MoBilly i think I just realized that the photo I took of the wasp in my backyard might be a male? Do you think I maybe right?
The bell bottoms are missing, if I read that correctly. I seen them around here before and had no idea they were even close to being rare my back yard is in a small city. I guess like birds the insects migrate as well. Back south where the weather in not all snow. Like here the land of snow? Canada. Hoping I can do that one day? But I think I would like to go to Australia for a winter. Now they have interesting creatures. I have been there. And what a beautiful place! And people as well!!!

2 Likes

24 Likes

Nice sized bear!

4 Likes

The males are considerably smaller.

2 Likes