Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Yeah, I was worried at first but he was just basking in the sun now that the snow melted. There is an indentation in the ground from where my kid had a bon fire party while we were gone years ago. Now I get to call it a fox hole :slight_smile: He did eventually get up and seemed happy as can be. Just seemed to like curling up in that little hole. Usually the yard is full of rabbits.

A couple more pics

16 Likes

My backyard Owl.

25 Likes

Who??

23 Likes

@Pigeonman Thanks for taking care of the feral cats! :smiley_cat: :+1:

3 Likes

he doesn’t seem very happy to see you, lol.

1 Like

@chronix , to be fair; they take care of us too! :smiley:

5 Likes

More feral dummies in their natural habitat

12 Likes

Ahh yes. The hot-dog grazers.

4 Likes

This pic was taken the first day the world opened up again after covid

And hot dogs are now 75 cents! A 50% increase!

3 Likes

Walking and fishing the rivers around toronto, makes me want to wrap braided line around these lugan snagger necks. Only a matter of time before someone hooks a boot in current and drowns from entanglement.

4 Likes

Some Sandhill Cranes walking through the yard. Love the sound they make.

16 Likes

My sentiments exactly. I’ve fished all of those holes/rivers/tribs as well in the last 20-30 years.

2 Likes

Red-Shouldered Hawk, back yard in November

Spitting up the carcass of breakfast

gif

24 Likes

I’ve been watching this momma goose sitting on eggs at the lakeshore for a few weeks. Her partner patrols around her honking at any interlopers who dare approach. Finally saw the newborns a couple days ago!

20 Likes

Who are you!

14 Likes

The turkeys always take over the golf course.

13 Likes

That’s awesome :sunglasses:

1 Like

lol, thanks! If you saw the whole video, you’d see how lucky my timing was. I started filming - zoomed in right away, then literally 2 seconds later - he/she starts coughing it up. :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

looks like a box elder bug, to me.

regards

2 Likes

Front yard…triplets munching on some cracked corn coated with molasses. It’s pretty much bear crack :bear: :yum:

Boo Cubs GIF

22 Likes