Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

I go out and talk to him daily.

18 Likes

The little one calls them “horsies” :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

23 Likes

My mother also has an eastern box turtle like that in her yard. She’s been feeding it for a few years and is always sending me pictures. I love turtles and would love to see one show up in my pond some day!

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the same guy from last year that tried to sneak into the garage or not lol. We get turkey, deer, bunnies, and all the other common animals. Hubby saw a fox during winter that I’m jealous of. The neighbors also say there is a bear that lives in the logging land behind us that I have yet to see. Also havent seen any birds of prey, but due to having chickens im okay with that. Now that I’ve found this thread imma be posting alot here.

4 Likes

I AM FIRELY JEALOUS @Aglanthia !!! :open_mouth:

The top broke last winter and we moved it into the far-back yard with the intention of making a shade spot for when we are in the full-sun area working in the garden or when the patio got too hot. What’s also nice is that it’s located near the pond, so we can actually sit and enjoy it versus at a distance or when trudging about.

To make the shade, I got a 10x10 section of military surplus camo netting and a fuck-tonne of ties from the Dollar store and :boom: we have a M.A.S.H. unit to sit under and still enjoy the sky and/or stars.

Last night the missus and I were enjoying a bong under our “new” shelter in hopes of catching a glipse of the eclipse and didn’t due to the overcast sky… but we did see the BIG FAT MOMMA :raccoon: walk out of the bushes and then wash her dinner in the pond. We sat and enjoyed the moment but when she started coming close to us asking for food we used the flashlight to “suggest” she should head off.

We do love her as she’s done no damage to our property but we don’t want her being that friendly just incase she decided to come say hello when we are taking Celia out for her evening pee’dle. :hugs:

ONE DAY I’LL GET A PHOTO OF HER!. I’m always looking for sales to get a few wildlife cameras to see how the parties turn out overnight. :rofl:

5 Likes

This guy trying to getto the other side of the road!

10 Likes

14 Likes

My bad farmer it seems my post is replying to you specifically. When in fact it’s just a general post to the public.

1 Like

An owl that we found on the side of the road, deceased, we had it inspected by local fish&game office for foulplay and was given the ok to have it preserved , it is a great horned owl and more specifically one of the subspecies , the “northern/subarctic” variety. Something not many get to see this close

14 Likes

My wife saw this little guy while she was outside the other day. Bold jumping spider. Look at those sweet little blue teeth!

18 Likes

Unfortunately I’m the only wild animal in my yard :wink:

3 Likes

22 Likes

This guy popped in and gave me and the Mrs a show. It was maybe 15’ from us getting a snack

19 Likes

15 Likes

Hope you enjoy your day as much as this groundhog in the backyard !!!

17 Likes

18 Likes

I saw my first bear the other day. It was over the hill in the state park. It was a small cub, but real healthy looking. I went back to get a pic but it left. I never saw the mom, but I figure she was very close. It was down in a spring creek and trees and right next to a 6-8’ culvert going under the road. I figure they were inside the culvert getting cooled down as it was hot that day. Nothing in my yard yet.

5 Likes

You in FLA @Papalag ?

1 Like

Not the best photo. Pileated woodpeckers. There are 8 of them that I have counted at once living in and around that tree

9 Likes