Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

UpUpon closer look . it was about to attack my dog. :rofl:.:joy:.just kidding

Here we call that a TREE ALLIGATOR…:joy:.:rofl:.:rofl:

17 Likes

This guy was chomping the leaves on our native Coral Honeysuckle. It’s the caterpillar of a Hummingbird Moth.

21 Likes

Don’t freak out man but a giant spider is about to get your dog!
:laughing:

3 Likes

21 Likes

Coppersnake. Very pretty guy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Found this much less dangerous one a few days later.

18 Likes

I get more than a little aggravated knowing how many would up and kill that harmless, helpful snake.

6 Likes

I just left him alone and when I was walking back from the shed he had moved along. Hell, left the copperhead alone too but then removed the underbrush he was hiding in so nothing left for him to chill in there anymore. Its what I was in the process of when I found him. Just a mulched flowerbed there now.

4 Likes

Thanks to my pond, we have these spotted salamanders around. They usually stay in the pond through the winter (unless I move them to the lake down the street), but this one found its way to the french drainage channel in my basement. We were both surprised to see each other.

And this lady is a migrating hummingbird. She’s much plumper than any of the hummingbirds that I had around this year, so that’s how I know she’s not a local. But this is why I keep the feeder out until the end of October - just in case they’re flying by and need a meal.

21 Likes

She looks cold.
Have a ‘Ruby Throat’ that ‘owns’ the feeder in my yard, he has been around 5 years or so, year round. He’s a fearless asshole, I like that.

3 Likes

She’s also a Ruby Throat, but I don’t think she was cold, though she does look fluffed up. It was about 70F when that pic was taken.

2 Likes

I call this “Donny Loves Stormy” :rofl:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Man, what’s “that”? icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

1 Like

Foxes are so cool. My wife and I call them “kitty dogs.”

1 Like

Looks like a morel.

4 Likes

That is a moral, for sure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, the “morel” of the story is that I was trying to identify it as one subject in the animal kingdom fumaoo|nullxnull , my bad :see_no_evil: , thank you guys … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Wet lizard in the mulch pile

19 Likes

:evergreen_tree: :rofl:

4 Likes

Easily in my top five favorite shows ever, lol.

1 Like