Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Just comin thru

17 Likes

This is Pi, the 3.141 legged fawn that’s been living with his mom and two siblings for several months near our house. He’s a boy. I wasn’t sure he was going to make it, but his leg has healed nicely. It’s his lower rear-right in the picture. His brother’s behind him. He loves apples :slight_smile:

21 Likes

I hate to see it, but we get deer around here with horrible injuries far too often. I’ve noticed that the younger ones tend to adapt more quickly to the loss or severe damage to lower limbs much better than the adults.

2 Likes

It’s hard to watch him walk, he struggles, but when he runs it’s as if he still has all four legs. We seem to be a magnet for animals that have physical impairments. Deep down I know I should just let mother nature take her course, but I refuse to let an animal starve that I can help. He was losing weight because he can’t stand and feed all day like his siblings, so I started tossing him apples. He waits for me every morning now for apples.

6 Likes

my father decided it was a good idea to burn a bald faced hornet nest on a bush by his deck, in The middle of a warm day. we had a picnic going on that afternoon. went from a few flybys to pissed off fighter jets attacking evetything for the rest of the day :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Busted the Neighborhood Tuffy, having a Nap in the Nine-Bark. 5’ away from a Bird Feeder. Go figure lol

We just call him Red

17 Likes

I mounted a clear bird feeder on the window my wife sits beside as she works from home. Lately I have been hearing squeaking at night beside my basement window that is near that feeder. My wife confirmed my suspicion when this rodent climbed up the wall and rested on the ledge below the feeder. I guess he found the pot of gold below the feeder where the birds knock seeds down to.

16 Likes

18 Likes

20 Likes

your pic? great!

2 Likes

thats a nicely colored cat…do you know,if it´s a breed or just a streetcross?

2 Likes

Ruler of the neighbourhood.

Him and his Father…

Yup popped out of a dirt pile we were moving to other side of the yard. Frog was like bro help, whud ima gonna do 🤷

2 Likes

Sleeping downy woodpecker

26 Likes

Too many fermented apples…probably passed out eating a midnight snack :grin:

2 Likes

20 Likes

Holy National Geo @DEFSeeds
Great shot Bro !!!

1 Like

I’m going with Street-cross

1 Like

LOL I know Maine is wild, the big snapping turtle really gave me a triple take. Walks by the front door…see prehistoric beast walking by…wtf?

D

1 Like

I like the turtle shot as well, I’m oooohing over the Snake / Frog shot!

1 Like