Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

What are they? I can’t figure it out, heh.

3 Likes

I am not entirely sure. I was thinking possibly rats but can’t say for sure as I did not want to disturb them too much. The tail reminded me of a rat.

6 Likes

Looks like the cotton tails we get here. Always in a hole in the grass like that…:grin::v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Sure could be, we get ton of rabbits in our yard, just never seen them this small but I bet you are correct. Just looked up a pic of a cotton tail nest and they sure do look similar. I wanted to get a better look a them but just snapped some pics and covered them back up, didn’t want me scent on them.

15 Likes

I was thinking baby rabbits too, was wondering about the tail either way very cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thinking that what looked like a tail may be an arm now that I have zoomed in and looked on a big screen. Pretty darn cool, glad they were deep enough I didn’t hurt them when I mowed over them.

5 Likes

I used to breed Rats for a short time, those don’t really look like baby Rats to me, but I could be wrong.
Whatever they are, good to hear they didn’t get hurt by the mower. :slightly_smiling_face:
Im sure it was a “Wtf moment” :laughing:

4 Likes

should get a little wifi camera and set it up all covert to try and see what adult animal shows up to care for them.

5 Likes

I am guessing the rabbit guess was the correct one since my front and back yard are normally covered in them. They have all moved on now so nothing to see.

3 Likes

Those are baby bunnies! How sweet! This made me happy! :sunny:

These pics aren’t the greatest, but we get lots of birds and bunnies in our yard

8 Likes

I have yet to see “Lord Bun-Bun” this year since Heathcliff moved in… though the rabbit is the size of the cat so my thoughts are that they migrated to another yard.

2 Likes

Bun-bun!

9 Likes

@DougDawson thats a rabbits nest for sure. we got them when i was kid they did looked exactly like yours.even the nest with the whool of from mama´s belly :rabbit2:

14 Likes

Yes, 100%. Was the first time seeing rabbits so small but that is defiantly what they are. Really cool to see.

4 Likes

i don´t know diff rabbit species over there,but ours don´t have the light spot on the head. they´re pretty cute,when old enuff to jump around…

3 Likes

i dont own the ocean! But its just behind the backyard!

those are key deer. they get to be about 40-50lbs max.

19 Likes

Critter Du Jour… I gave it a drink of water and sent it on its way.

14 Likes

This dude hung around on the arm of my chair till I poked him with a stick.

Under the rocks. It was also poked with a stick

9 Likes

This was amazing to wake up to this morning! Not my yard, but my parents’ yard, and my mom texted this to me first thing! These 2 have been coming around their yard to drink from their little pond since the baby was born a few weeks ago. I told my mom that’s amazing and means the house has good, safe energy if a cow moose will keep coming back and trusts the area enough to let her guard totally down like this. My mom was so close when she took this from the porch. I wish y’all could see the Live Photo though! It’s so unbelievably cute cuz the mom licks the baby’s face a couple time and they nuzzle each other. Like cartoonishly cute :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

24 Likes