Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

We also would trade an occasional snapper or all the river fish we caught for Chinese take out . The cooks would come out and excitedly trade for our fresh catch … Good ol days !

2 Likes

14 Likes

Monkey Nuts

20 Likes

End thread… you win!

I see Monkey Nuts becoming a meme shortly… or some joker’s gonna name a cross soon.

4 Likes

Zorros ( a kind of Fox…but a marsupial,carry’s it’s young in a pouch)
Always around when I had chickens that’s there fav food but like a fox they will kill all your birds if they get into the coop’) not liked by the locals…I love them. ( don’t have any :rooster: now lol

And Tarantulas kinda scared of them…only around in the dry season, I don’t know where they go other times…the local kids here pick them up and play with them…

Regards

P J

13 Likes

Ever see how far they can pop thier head out?I grew up next to a huge freshwater pond as a kid and still frequent it some 35 years later.They have alligator snapping turtles in that pond that get to the size of metal trash can lids that look like huge stones till you come up o them.We used to have to poke them off the trails they liked laying in the sun on the dirt paths .we would use use logs a good 7 inches around 3 foot long and they would snap hunks out of the wood like a cookie cutter to a wad of dough.I had one nail a hunk of wood and it landed on the top of its carapace.I poked the wood off with the log and the son of a bitch shot his neck out and nailed the log on top of his shell scared the shit out of me.Was always super careful after that.

4 Likes

Not quite in my back yard but close enough. but I had to share.This camel was pretty cool not like the ones I seen in Iraq.Those ones were really pissed off and tried to bite.

16 Likes

was his name joe?

5 Likes

My dogs chased him up this tree this morning.

19 Likes

I thought this was dope. Took this pic of a dragonfly on the barbed wire fence on the ranch yesterday. Good macro on this phone camera

15 Likes

I’m gonna cross the Monkey Nuts with the Blueberry Cheese and call it Cheesy Blue Balls :fire:

9 Likes

That’s strange we see them more in the wet season when the rain flushed them out of their holes.

Those Zorros are in the possum family, keep your dogs away from them if you have any mate.

My mates dog came of second best…

12 Likes

Thought this guy had some pretty cool colour going on…

13 Likes

Anyone know wtf these are?!? Aphids?

7 Likes

Could they be Rose Aphids?

I saw them at a park on the weekend…not sure what that plant is but every one was covered in those things.

1 Like

It’s what I got from a bug identification app.

3 Likes

I don’t know if I’d ever seen them before…at least not like that.

1 Like

Noticed this hawk just chilling this morning

Then I realized these 2 other birds (bluejays I think ) harassing it till it finally flew away they followed as it left too

Not a bad way to start the day

16 Likes

Lots of activity on the ranch today. Woke up to two armadillos chasing each other around for about an hour at 6 am. I got a video of one charging the other and he wags his tail and then does a front flip over him! Also vibrant lizard hanging hanging out on the shed wall.

17 Likes