Let's see your worm bins!

There’s one image in this thread I believe where I had used spent brewers grain from a recent mash worms loved that shit! The adults must lay their eggs in that cause their were literally hundreds of babies in it! So if ya have a brewery close by or have friends that home brew get some spent grains!

2 Likes

Oh…Roger that… Thanks for the response Tiny.
Kick ass, I was worried the Alfalfa straw would have been bad…Haha.

Edit: Yes, I do happen to have a brewery, just down the way…I will look into it. Thanks.

2 Likes

The grain husks would also be a great source of silica in your soils much like rice hulls several of us use here on OG as an aeration portion of our soil mixes !

2 Likes

Iv listened to this vid in the past but must of stepped away sometime during the the avocado worm trick and missed it thanks for pointing this out @Kobracom420 all I know now is that my grocery store discount avacados will be put to good use!

1 Like

Sounds good. I know they like pumpkin. In the past I raised worms using laying mash. That last can sour real fast and run off the worms.

2 Likes

I finally got around to a couple of pics…

Here’s my bin, with Reds, and Night Crawlers :slight_smile:

K.

5 Likes

You getting close to harvesting them?

Fairly quick…I have to get the No-Till bed finished (which I am very close)…I have a pic of the bed in my Grow Diary.

I have been pounding the food into them, and am seeing very good results for it. I even have a wee bit of Bokashi in there… :slight_smile:

K.

1 Like

Bought some avocado the other day! Lol

2 Likes

Cool set up! Looks like your able to take on quit a few plants there!

1 Like

I don’t have enough in my allowance yet, to afford the Avacado’s…Soon my Ol’Lady said…Please let me know how it turns out for you…

Yes, the shop is getting close to her maiden voyage…But only half of it has lite’s for now. That is a pretty big project, when you come from a 6 lite bedroom haha. Between the shop, and trailer, I have been pretty busy. I would like to offer something for the Seed Run’s soon, but that will take place in the trailer. I am excited to convert the trailer to No-Till (in about two months).

K.

3 Likes

My poor worms only get pot leaves and coffee grounds lately…

4 Likes

and bananas…we need some dried leaves or brown matter

Want me to send you some Avo’s??? :laughing:

1 Like

Harvesting a 5 gallon static bin, worms as I pulled back cardboard, 2x2 bin. Pics are backwards!

If anyone is in California and wants some worms hit me up!

4 Likes

I’m on a SQUARE foot gardening forum where I get notifications that I’d share this one with ya’lol

I better not reply

6 Likes

They need a gas-powered auger to about 8’ deep, & send a check to Overgrow. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Jee-Zus… That is hard to comprehend.
Are people really that Daft?

K.

3 Likes

Ya what’s worse is that people commented on it!

4 Likes

I have a species of worm capable of digging them selves Into already planted beds. I call them earthworm og and there only $1999 per oz there a custom breed from a clone only red worm crossed to extinct landrace night crawler. Lol send the check to overgrow made out to the town of passamasquady

10 Likes