Levo II + fresh bud?

I posted my recipe a couple days ago in @MoBilly thread. This is it. @Gizmo @ColeLennon

shatter of choice 1/2 -gram makes 75/5-6 MG pot leaf gummies
decarb in oven 260* on silicone baking sheet for 25 mins I usually up temp to 270* with 20 mins left
sauce pan and small whisk
1/2 cup of water cold
2 small packets of unflavored gelatin
1- 3-ounce box of flavor of choice Jello gelatin I also like to use Jolly Rancher gelatin
2 TBS lite corn syrup
1TBS vegetable glycerin
1 tsp lecithin liquid
1/4 tsp mold inhibitor
water in pan add 2 packs of unflav gel
box of flavored gelatin let bloom for 5 mins
add the rest of ingredients
smallest burner on lowest melt degree
5 mins as shatter finishes in oven
just as shatter stop bubbling “watch it and pull straight to the freezer 4 mins turn down to saucepan to after putting decarbed shatter straight into hot but cooling mix let melt for 30-45 secs then whisk your heart out. whisk whisk whisk whisk and when you think its stirred a lot STIR some More. pour into a condiment bottle and fill molds, put fridge 35 mins pop out of molds.into a tupperware container with lid and a dash of corn starch shake enjoy store in closed container or zip lock 'drawer ready”

This recipe fills the 3 pot leaf molds = 75 5-6 MG gummies THC/CBD based on calculations I’ve made on 1/2 grams of shatter or any extract really. Do your own math on Total cannabinoids and THC

You can put as much extract as you want into recipe just adjust by reducing say 1/2 TBS of corn syrup

I also bought one of these. Power Whisk makes for accurate mixing of extract.

3 Likes

@101 what I did on my last tincture was decarb the flower, wash in ethanol, evaporate/reclaim the ethanol until only dry resin was left. added a measured amount of ethanol mixed it until all the resin was dissolved and popped it straight in my blue dropper bottles.

3 Likes

The slower you dry, the more terpenes that will be around for your infusion

quickly drying something is a good way to get a hay smell and lose any kind of discernible personality your flower may have had

hang dry in a cool dark place with just enoug air flow to make sure the air is moving

if the buds start feeling to crisp after a couple days you need to minimize air movement even more

5 Likes

Do you use an alcohol reclaim machine? I found everclear can be expensive so I always try to reclaim it. You get a good amount back.

What you made was basically RSO by drying it out fully, if you just evaporated until it’s half or 1/3 the volume, that’s your alcohol tincture, would save you some work.

3 Likes

I need to work on my drying methods. Thanks for explaining this in layman’s Peace.

2 Likes

I do use a countertop still lately.before it was all evaporation. now, I put in say, 2L of wash and run at 85C. once I have 1.75-1.8L back, I stop and take it out.

That’s fairly close to RSO. But I was busy with guests so rapid evap was best. a week or so later…I wanted exact 200ml (157gr) of tincture. because my phony baloney calculations…lol.

@ColeLennon I hang my plants whole in 62%RH for almost 3 weeks then jar. low and slow isnt just for pulled pork haha. it works great!

6 Likes

Jeez, 3 weeks sounds amazing for a dry :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I’ve seen videos of people drying for two months and then curing for four. The room was completely climate controlled and these guys specialized in making hash, resin, tincture… That was the point of the video (preserving the terpenes in the flavor profile).

7 Likes

Sounds like Johnny B. :grin:

3 Likes

this is what I run at generally for about 2-3 weeks myself
Although now mine are bordering 3.5 for sure

This is even a bit warm for me rn

3 Likes

I get antsy around day 18. But if the RH is steady, 3_4 weeks makes little difference. Your method might be better. I need to be more patient, but that’s neither here or there… :joy:.

2 Likes

@MoBilly Can you share a link to this wonderful sounding video?

Sounds like Frenchy Cannoli.

1 Like

I’ll search my history. :+1:

1 Like

Hey thanks a lot for that.

I don’t care about taste. I’ll make capsules if I have to. I want the terps.

1 Like

I believe I got two videos combined in my head. this one is the one that spoke of a four month cure (2:14 min into the vid). Same guys, talking trichomes… so I must have mashed the other one in my head with this one. This one has to do with sifting for the most clean product using a rubber glove with the screens.
This is still a great video though.
Sorry. lol . Old mans memory. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

WOW!! Thank you so much!! This looks excellent. Appreciate the hunt.

FYI I also posted a fresh thread. Screw the Levo machine and fresh bud idea…

1 Like

That’s the video I was thinking of with Johnny B and Bubbleman. I’ve done the glove tech, it works great!

4 Likes

That was a good one. I’d just like to hang with those guys for a day or three. lol

3 Likes

Have used both bud and shake in ours. The bud was cured two weeks prior to use… the shake was simply bagged and used as needed. Both we decarbed dry, then oil was added, then the infusion was done at the lowest, slowest (10 hours).

The oil was delicious and used in brownies, chocolate peanut butter cups and gummy gum drops… all were wonderful.

Hope this helps.

PS: We used two pods for the best results… a full half oz of coarse ground product.

1 Like

Very helpful @Reithel. Excellent tip doubling up on the bud volume in the chamber.

I’m very stressed out about messing up the post harvest! I can read and read but personal experience always “hits.”

So thank you very much indeed for sharing your positive experience!