LGOGxSF 🍋 vs Alien Rift 👽

Is this ready yet? I need to wait or what.

Dunno if to wait until some trichomes turn amber or to hit them at the peak of THC when all are white like plastic?

I was hoping it was ready… I did take a sample to see how it is.

How long will it take to dry interests me too.

HppHrvst

6 Likes

You can cut it like that, but it’s got more maturing to do, imo. I prefer to leave them a week extra, rather than harvest a week early.

3 Likes

I wanted it properly finished. Better to wait and see if the dehumidifier and the fans do the trick.

To stop the mold and let it finish.

2 Likes

Looks like good airflow in there :+1:
Are you monitoring RH% in both day and night cycle?

2 Likes

I put the hygrometer in there a few hours ago, gonna check it out. Let me see.

1 Like

This is the tent during night time. The light you see is the flash only. Pitch black in there. Temp is 22 C and RH @ 67%, and that is the best i can do.

I got two 12 inch fans blowing directly at the buds all night… They will be even more covered with trichomes this way, and hopefully it will stop the mold from spreading. The dehumidifier is there too. I set the A/C to DRY MODE… See if that helps.

And these are my beloved buds. I won’t let anything happen to them… LOL

:lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon: :alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

Thanks to all for watching and joining during this epic grow.

I am proud of myself.

HppHrvst

EDIT,

RH @ 61% and 21 C = VPD 9.9 Not bad right…

13 Likes

I just sprayed a very fine mist of 10% H2O2 on the affected areas and will continue to do so if needed for the next few days while i let it finish.

Got some salvaged bud i am drying right now, that will actually let me screen the rest of the harvest.

HppHrvst

5 Likes

Keep the air moving. What are your day and night temps?

You appear to be in the safe range, but bud rot is a terrible waste of good dense bud.

http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/b68-203

1 Like

Day: 25~27 C - RH 55%
Night: 23~25 C - RH 65~67%

This is the one bud i had to cut in order to get rid of the mold. It was fat and sticky, still is…

Fans are running 24/7 now. And i got my H2O2 with a very fine mister, the loupe and no need to get any more bud rot.

Next grow this won’t happen, at least that.

HppHrvst

4 Likes

Ok, i caught the infection at its “inoculation point”, with the fans and the tent open, RH is at no more than 65% during the night and during the day at like 45%.

Fans are running 24/7 and the H2O2 worked divine, i can truly say, there is no more mold in there.

Will keep my guard up tho. Babysit these buds until they are ripe and ready!

HppHrvst

5 Likes

hm that kinda has me worried, my canopy is super dense the tent is packed wall to wall… i have an oscillating tower fan underneath the canopy and two 6" fans above the canopy which run 24/7… does botrytis like warmer or cooler temperatures? i’ll have to make sure RH stays around 50-55 during end of flower, do you think thats good range?

3 Likes

I only had the air move a couple of weeks ago. You are doing it from the get go… You might not get it.

2 Likes

Yes, 50-55% should be optimal. Botrytis grows in both low or high temp, avoid extremes. Don’t let temps swing greatly between day and night, this can solve a lot of humidity/condensation problems that cause botrytis.

3 Likes

HARVEST UPDATE

These two plants were all nice and ready to be chopped. Showed about 80% trichomes white, really white. Some 10% crystal and 10% amber. I figured i cut it to see how it behaves and how it hits…

So i cut two of the Alien Rift. The Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter it’s gonna wait a few days, to make it “heavier” u know.

Waiting for it to show a little bit of amber. But most of the trichomes are plastic white. So it shold be ready very shortly.

Biggest bud of this two plants.

Cheers sis/bros!

HppHrvst

18 Likes

Drooling on my keyboard over here. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well everyone it was an epic grow, i impressed myself with the final product and it being my first time with this setup and nutes, i think it was more than good. I got a little bit under 20oz, aprox.

I weighted one of the jars only, and it had 2 oz.

Did i mention it was all cut on 4/20. Gonna start pressing some tomorrow… Yummy!

HppHrvst

14 Likes

Congratulation man! :slight_smile: I am so happy to see that your harvest was succesfull and with no fungus after all!

Will you start any other grow or is There a new one I dont know about? :slight_smile:

And omg! I Just realised that I also cut my plants on 4/20! :smiley: But mine are far from being dry at the moment. I think I will be trimming in about 5 days :slight_smile:
But the stickynes and smell is something I Have never seen before…

Keep growing! :muscle:

2 Likes

I have these 1/2 pint jars they hold 14 grams.

1 Like

Here you go bro… —> MadScientist’s new grow

Yeah man, these ones are 32oz.

1 Like

Alien Rift turned red! Nice colors if you ask me. Check it out!

Was this a happy harvest ever or what!? Most weed i have ever seen in my hands!

Manicured by hand, yours truly @MadScientist!

HppHrvst

16 Likes