Light burn or deficiency?

Dont just hop on mites scope em. Broad mites would probably destroyed the whole crop by now.

Straight to my bookmarks, real interesting explanation, thanks for sharing ā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m not convinced itā€™s any kind of mite but definitely an option. Iā€™ll be home in a couple hours and take a closer look.
If it is mites I do have some bug spray that I bought just incase I ever noticed anything.

1 Like

Light bleach solution will kill eggs and bacteria. Probably ruin your flower too but save your plants in veg.

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid Spinosad doesnā€™t work with them :pensive:, @Shadey used bleach with similar results, letā€™s wait and see what they really are ā€¦ :sunglasses:

Okā€¦I must have cut off 10 leaves or leaf parts that were damaged. I must have spent 30min looking at these with 30x and 60x jewelerā€™s loupe.
I did NOT find any small bugs anywhereā€¦NONE!

In the end I raised my light from 18 to 21" feed them ā€¦3ml calmagā€¦2ml grow bigā€¦2ml tiger bloomā€¦3ml bog bloom and ph to 6.2. This is my usual 2x per week feed other than I usually just add 1.5 ml calmag. I have no clue what is wrong with this plant and Iā€™m usually pretty on point. I guess Iā€™ll just keep an eye on it and see if anything get worse.

My bitches are mite free!!!

4 Likes

I had very similar looking leaves as far as the curling and burnt edges.
In my case I chalked it up to a bad environment. But I did get bugs and lost it.
Also had the same from environmental stress.

Someone mentioned VPD.
If your in a home and a tent other than removing air and replacing. How could one fine tune temps to follow that guideline?

Main reason I ask is because it was very hard for me to get it in that range for any length of time.
I could turn on the AC a bit more but thatā€™s about it really.

The portable AC units are $$$ from what I saw. It was just very hard to keep them in that range for long.

And how ā€œanalā€ is that chart? Seriously though, how many 1000ā€™s of grows went great without ever even hearing of it?
Asking from a Homegrown Point of viewā€¦

Sry, not highjacking yer thread!

2 Likes

Sorry for the bug suspicion, I prefer to be wrong and you mites free but in case they would exist time was crucial and better rest reassured ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i just posted that chart as a guide i used in searching for clues, since i assumed his nutes should have enough manganese since defficiency is not showing in other plants, so it would mean source of problem is from something else, and now i see there should be enough manganese in nutes (as there is in both tiger bloom and grow big), so i pressumed something is blocking its uptake to the plant, which this chart describes how is that happening and whyā€¦ as i saw from from grow chart from fox farm, they dont mention need for cal mag, there is calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate in tiger bloom, and magnesium sulfate in grow big (but then again, i red somewhere almost every nute line dont put enough cal mag because it would lock up intake of other nutes), but people on other forums used to (latest posts i found was from 2014 so maybe fox farm updated their formula) use it all the time with FF nutes, sometimes with cal mag defficiency if not used, altough in smaller ammounts than you, like in ratio of 1 to 2-3 tbsp of other nutesā€¦ let us know how your feeding went, hope she will be ok!

edit: i couldnt find ingredients list for their additives from feeding schedule, only from open sesame, and it says it has manganese also, as i said, maybe its nutes lock up, maybe its just defficiency, but there are people who said they followed whole feeding schedule to the point and didnt have to put in any other things like cal mag or something elseā€¦ i hope this helps! <3

3 Likes

Thanks guysā€¦just dont scare me next time. :joy:

6 Likes

I didnt think broads. But monterey is good chit. It will kill them. I use it and tattoo green soap. Rotating. On anything that trys me. The tattoo soap is 30% alcohol in a natural lavender soap base. It drops em n actually conditions leaves. I thought it would dry em. But no bugs
So basics. Medium? Soil water coco
And is this plant going dry quicker or not uptaking

1 Like

My plants are all in 3 gallon fabric potsā€¦I have to water about every 3 days atm. They are all in foxfarm ocean forest mix which is peat based. They are all eating really well.

Honestly Iā€™m just glad I dont have those damn mites. Yall had me scared for a moment

1 Like

Dont want to blow thread up with books but all from seed not clones or copies right? If so each may vary slightly. One be nute sensitive for example or in this case one that wants it all. More frequent not higher strength just maybe transpiring at a more rapid rate. From any number of things could play part. Just the sweetest spot under lights could make one say i want more.
She looks dry. From inside. Like the moisure from leaves being pulled back to compensate not enough at roots and low rh.
Try ramping up the inputs on that one. Same strength twice the fluid.

1 Like

looks like nute burn but whatever it is doesnt look that bad anyway dont worry about it

They are from seed so that plant could just be a pussy.

1 Like

Affecting new growth around the terminal budsā€¦ it sounds like the beginning of an iron deficiency.
There also seems to be a slight heat issue cupping the leaves.

3 Likes

Iā€™m starting to see this after my light change

@Daytripr69 did it spread? did you ask on another thread? how about you mate @anon81143130? what helped you with your plants?

1 Like

I didnt really do anythingā€¦just gave them the usual feeding. Leaves never got any worse so Iā€™m assuming heat stress as we had temps in the 90ā€™s with high humidity all of last week.

Looks like Iron deficiency for me ā€¦ hum|nullxnull

1 Like