Light Training

Sup folks I wanted to talk about a method of low stress training I use. Possibly the lowest?
Ya know when a tree falls over in nature but not enough to die. So its still rooted and all the growth eventually corrects itself to orientate towards the light.
Just replicate that.
You can easily manipulate a meristem with lights. There are a few ways I have found this extremely useful over the years.
Please excuse the Blurpels. Pics are old and i still use them for veg/ supplemental. Please comment criticize and share your experience with similar actions.

“light training” this is a full body workout for seedlings. Make sure you give them pre work out and plenty of calcium. You will get fat stems and short internodal spacing.

I also use this method train plants for windowsill flowering. ( RIP home boys)

And to train large outdoor plants to grow where i want/face south

13 Likes

I sometimes put males on their sides because I find it easier to collect pollen that way but they definitely bend towards the light.

3 Likes

Exactly. das the same thing. Sure we can tie down/ use clips or cut the plant but we can also make a plant go wherever wanted with the power of light. Just another tool in our bag of tricks.

pho·to·mor·pho·gen·e·sis

/ˌfōdōˌmôrfəˈjenəsəs/

2 Likes

Nice technique will use this. Thanks for sharing

Just started to light train a Haze plant just for the hell of it.
Its amazing how fast it results and apparently how low stress it is. I just put this plant in its side today and within 6 hours it has corrected itself. I will leave it like that for one more day. Up right it to water for one day then flip her 180 degrees. I will do this a few times in flower just to get more hormones to the lower branches. One thing i was taught early is that “every branch wants to be the main leader” This is why you see the lowest branch trying to catch up its receiving the most hormones atm.
This is a plant grown for seed.
12:01 time stamp

6:04

12 hours later

2 Likes

not to shabby for 3 days of light training.

and i do love the threads where i sit here talking to myself! :heart:

2 Likes