LilJonB's Black Candyland, God's Space Needle and Blue Cookies πŸ’š

Waiting for the water to settle. I’m going to give it 24 hours for the chlorine. In the meantime I got one of both the GSN & BC in coco. They are backup incase the ones in DWC end up being male.

6 Likes

I grow in soil so i would count day one the day I actually put them in soil from the paper towel. But I dont usually go by days. I go by what the plant looks like. And how tall they are getting vs how much room is in the tent and how big I want them to be at harvest. Normally ends up being around 6-ish weeks from when they are put in dirt. Thats on avg.
but to answer your question, if I was counting days, I would start day one as soon as the helmet comes off.

2 Likes

Yeah I know it doesn’t really matter. I was just curious.

So true.

3 Likes

My Blue Cookies only gained about 2x height after switching to flower hours.

3 Likes

By the way @LilJonB
The last harvest with BC was exactly 10 weeks from 12/12 switch. I am waiting a little longer this time. Shes at 10 1/2 weeks now. So it will be intereting to see the diff in the final product. I still have some of the top colas from that grow to compare. Stay tuned for an updated strain report.

5 Likes

Thanks for the valuable information.
I would love to hear your report on the BC.
Post away!

1 Like

I know i said I dont count days. And I really dont. I do look at the calendar and compare times to harvest versus how many weeks from switch.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much why I count. Just notes to compare to for future grows.

4 Likes

I will. I dont wanna pile all my shit on your thread tho. Just thought you would like a little more in depth info on what to look forward to. On your new grow.

3 Likes

I don’t mind at all. I would like to see what I’m in for.

2 Likes

That’s funny you say that. So true. It is hard work. I really don’t start calling a plant a plant until it stops reaching. When it starts it first set of good leaves. The first two rounds or levels. Nodes I think the term is for them. When I do crack seeds I look at how they pop. Side pops are males most of the time. I’m not the Dr. on the subject. Just what I have read and seen.

3 Likes

Your sayings the ones that pop from the side like a claim are males?
I’m still planting and moving stuff around.

1 Like

Everyone is in there final home.

See if they like it.
There was a Blue Cookies and a GSN that looked kinda sad. There just Sprouts. Let’s see if they perk up.

8 Likes

Reading something about out it. One guy says he can look at a seed and tell if it a male or female. If you a handed a hundred seed at once. From the some plant. Good gens. You would pick the best looking seeds. I’m sure. In that case I believe your chance are better for females than males. I pray. Lol. I’ll look up the the story. If they pop I still plant them. I always see some that I think are going to be females then they turn out to be males and the other way around.

1 Like

How do you determine if a seed is male or female?

To tell if a seed is male or female, you must first germinate it. Once the seed sprouts, you need to look where it sprouted from. If the sprout comes out of either the TOP or BOTTOM of the seed, it is a FEMALE. If the sprout comes out of either SIDE of the seed, it is a MALE. I looked this up. @LilJonB not my words.

2 Likes

Love the set up. Never really done water before. I really want to learn. I’m starting with lettuce. Soon

1 Like

Everyone is taking there new home very well. Even seeing some growth since yesterday.
They are on a 20/4 cycle with a EC of 6.

1 Like

Good deal. I dropped some in some water yesterday. I got my fingers crossed. @LilJonB have a good weekend

1 Like

I have my nose pressed against the glass for this one @LilJonB I’ve gone back and read your logs; look forward to reading one from the get go. I don’t know if I could document and write daily the way you do,I appreciate your work.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Qtip. I just post when I do or change something. Or think about doing something so someone can tell me not to do it. Between me and you I really don’t know what I’m doing :wink:

1 Like