Lions mane supplements Anyone have experience?

My first 2 interactions with Paul Stamets, was in 1979 or so.
I replied to a classified ad, in High Times to buy a mushroom kit, with the information on how to grow them.
My first attempt, I followed the directions (at least I thought so) big failure.

I wrote to the address (had no idea who Paul Stamets was ) told them my tale. They resent me a kit, with hand written, note, about being not just clean, but very clean, and gave me some more precise instructions or pit falls to watch out for.
I grew some great shrooms!!
A few months later one, I ordered their Panaeolus cyanescens Mushroom kit, but I could wrong with that exact name.
Got the kit, and failed badly, wrote to them, told all my exact steps.
They sent me another hand printed letter, and told exactly where I bitched them up at, with another free kit!
Those mushrooms were very VERY potent, very trippy, and long lasting.

We wiped out a Halloween party!
Did NOT mean to however, we got invited to it, by our kids babysitter, so we did not know a soul their but her.
We gave them out to anyone that wanted some, and told them all, this was our first experience with this type mushroom.
We were dressed up as Raggedy Ann and Andy, and we were TRASHED, BigBig! We were also the oldest folks there also.
We then sota realized, we were the last people left up right, and walking! We tried to tip toed past all the fallen denizens of Halloween party goers, laughing like fucking loons.
Then we realized we had zero idea where the fuck we were, and that made us howl harder!

When Ilona, came to tend the kids a few days later, she told us, everyone at the party had the best time, and all we did was spread a bit love around, that Paul Stamets spread to us!!

Paul you have every right to make all the millions you can, you deserve it! You woke up so many of us, to home mushroom growing, I thank you and wish you and yours all the best!

7 Likes

Shopbestnaturals.com has a 50% off special for Memorial Day on top of their usual free shipping over $50.

Very good company in my experiences, although I didn’t buy their lions mane this time, I just saved $30 bucks on some of my usual vitamins.

I did however find some vegan meat crumble at the store on sale that was lions mane as the first of many ingredients. I think it’s fairly smooth feeling, soothing of the nerves and anxiety similar to a mix of antioxidants and gaba antagonists maybe. I wish I could afford to eat more but it was very filling and expensive, so it is costly in two ways just for the lions mane. Seems like it shouldn’t be a huge priority if I don’t have memory problems, which I don’t, as there are plenty of antioxidants out there that are dirt cheap I could get more bang for the buck with. Growing your own would be easily worth it and even a choice mushroom to grow if you are good at growing things!

1 Like

I’ve also gained a lot of interest in lions mane because of it’s ability to help regenerate and heal the nervous system. I was at first interested in the claims of healing the mind but I’ve recently learned it’s helped people with nerve pain too. I have sciatica bad in my left hip. Some days I can hardly move. All the stretches in the world don’t seem to help. I suspect it may be more than sciatica now though since my whole left side has pain. Doctors just keep brushing it off. So in the meantime I’ll give shrooms a try

2 Likes

So I went with the brand real mushrooms. They say they’re USDA organic supposedly made from all fruiting body. No testing has been done on it but seems to have good reviews on Reddit and amazon. I’m going to try this then the fresh cap and see if I notice any changes. Thank you all for your advice and sharing experiences. I plan to incorporate more mushrooms little by little so I can monitor any changes from each mushroom. Gut health I think is next on my list.

3 Likes

I hope you can find some relief. I add 1 g of Toniq Lions Mane powder in my oatmeal every morning. Toniq claims to be from fruit body, tested for heavy metals, etc. Maybe it is true! Might be placebo, but I feel a little sharper mentally.

3 Likes

Great to hear it’s doing something for you! I just received mine in the mail today. I’m gonna start tomorrow. I like the oatmeal idea, I have it often for a quick breakfast on workdays.

2 Likes

If you’re in that much pain I think you’ll need more than lions mane. The mushrooms seemed to feel like a lubricant more than a painkiller. I also personally use red vein kratom with cbd for non physically addictive pain relief, although that too is psychologically addictive like cannabis because it’s just so good to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

Please keep reporting on the effects of these mushrooms over time. Many of us are very curious! Great thread!

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Nice story about spreading the love. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes