LITFA Guerrilla grow Down under

I am currently locked down in Madagascar, ,With no clear end in site for the travel ban to be lifted
I will admit I am a little nervous as to what’s going on with girls back home , I was calculating a harvest date of early to mid April - would have been spot on if not for the bloody virus or so I thought , so drastic times call for drastic measures …I had to break my golden rule and tell someone where to find them . The boy was given the mission … he has spent the past few days wandering around the scrub looking for the Patch , he is less than thrilled :joy: … well yesterday he finally stumbled across them …Sorry only a couple of shots and the picture clarity is ordinary
He will never make it as a photographer lol
The ladies look to be about another 4 weeks off on average based on photos … sadly it’s getting wet and cold back home … and that means mould !
Gelato xOG

Franco’s lemon cheese

Jack Herer

11 Likes

Two years ago I left my indoor grow for two weeks and went to Amsterdam. I left everything with Blumats watching them and they did great. But I did almost have a panic attack on the way to the airport. Every possible bad situation went through my head. House burns down, tree falls on it, someone breaks in…I’m going to jail. Never again.

Did your boy know you grow?

7 Likes

@Tommy_McCain
He said he wondered where I would disappear to at times. He knew I used to grow before he came into the world … curtesy of my mates telling him stories of our bush grows up north …
he was a little unhappy about how far he had to walk around in thick scrub searching for them … at least I know they are hard to find lol
The 20ltr drums are half full and the Blumats seem to have escaped the rodents chewing through the lines this time .they look really healthy and we haven’t had to much rain lately , it is getting cold at night , Hoping I get a little colour on em
so happy days !!
.last time back the girls showed slight deficiencies
( really light in colour ) so I hit em with a couple of compost and SST teas … top dressed with composted seaweed and few other things I had around , the aim was to lift the nitrogen up and get a good dose of P and K to see em through to harvest … the lads been tasked with mould checks in the coming weeks … if it shows up he’ll need to pull em - and has been warned not to tax them !! Lol

6 Likes

You can’t beat the Blumats. If you take your time and set them up correctly, they are basically fail proof. Before any trip over a couple of days I have a full routine of cleaning and resetting up my blumats from scratch. I had a buddy keep his moms alive for a month in a shower with the surface blumat. No one look in on them for 32 days. Perfect and healthy when he got home.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you there
I have 2 carrots running off 20 ltr drums . I always check them over each time I get out there , which is Say every couple of months . I haven’t run dry yet .
I prep the soil before I go so the carrots just have to maintain the moisture levels - been so incredibly easy , as I mentioned the only problem I’ve had is rats or something chewing the lines . I modified them last trip with the black dripper line … seriously contemplating going to the full Tropf system for next season ( that and a copy of @Pedro_Bann ‘s awesome solar pump rig for a large patch I have planned ) …

4 Likes

you may want to check out the thread I have just started on dealing with wet humid climates and critters Etc

1 Like

I was just reading what you wrote about the copper rings … I have to give that a crack . I would rather not use the chemical control at all , now I have alternative, cheers !

3 Likes

I’ve had some of mine for 20 years. If you’re afraid of the shininess either find some old stuff or spray it with an acid to get it to Brown up

Nah no stress here ,Where I grow mate If somebody manages to spot a little shine from a copper ring in that bush… they are out looking for plants … it’s certainly not somewhere you would just wander into haha

I’m liking the thread , interested where you take it
2 posts in and I have learned a handy tip

2 Likes

Please contribute in any way you want. I don’t want to be the only person on the thread LOL

1 Like

Part 2 of the wanderings of my boy in the Ozzie bush … he finally found what I sent him off to locate
It’s a sad day indeed. I posted about a 2nd trial patch I put in way back in November I think it was … I put in about 5 or 6 different strains . I wanted to test them in a distinctly different micro climate zone within walking distance from the homestead … well good news first
2 of the shiskaberries braved the Australian weather and wild life and stood their ground
Bad news now
The rest of the front line troops failed to make it .
Photos attached of the survivors below
The young fella sent through a couple of snaps of the development on the girls … I noticed
Bloody mould!! So they have been euthanised ,
I was dubious about the location tbh , but nothing ventured nothing gained really
I know now …super autos will kill it in this area - early finishing times will be before the damp air as the night time temps drop settles in the valley floor - @Upstate another thing to consider with Frost pockets , is the cooler air settles in these areas and bam !! Cold n damp and little to no air movement = mould !! This is well before the first frosts !
The boys photography skills haven’t improved much either lol

8 Likes

The dreaded Bud rot! Looks like it actually held up pretty well though. My apologies I didn’t remember you for a minute there on the other thread. Damn hash. Temporarily erases my brain… so are you still in Madagascar? Did I read that correctly? One of the largest Islands on earth almost completely untapped regarding its marijuana genetics? Have you been able to score any bud? Seedy Bud to be more specific? I must admit I wouldn’t want to leave things unattended by myself that long either. Sounds like everything’s being looked after though. The blue mats you guys were talking about sound interesting. I’ve been reading the thread in reverse, so I need to start from the beginning and read it again. I’ll catch up today lunch time. Don’t forget about those copper collars when you get back.

3 Likes

So this is the end of my first LITFA grow log
All the remaining girls have been harvested and hung up to dry as Rot was starting to show its ugly face , its been a very interesting experience and I am happy with what came out at the end , I visited these plants 4 times over the season . I have ideas for next season that I think could yield better results -quite a few from OG
these are all greatly appreciated . I have attached photos of some of the trimmed buds for you , the young fella tried his best to identify the individual strains for me which I appreciate ,a little clearer info would of been good lol … it is what it is and he is a legend in my book for stepping up to help out

here’s looking to next season and a bigger and better things

9 Likes

@Upstate ,how are you mate …keeping safe I hope
yes mate still in Madagascar , not sure when the borders will open yet . I have managed to find some seeds of the local Sativa here , it has been hell de-seeding it all TBH , I have a lot lol .
In fact I will be chucking some around where I am sometime this week , I’d like to test the germ rates and see what the structure is like etc while I am stuck here .
The Blumats have actually performed better than I expected , I was skeptical on how they would go in this experiment , but I am a firm believer now

and no I wont forget , I have added the copper collar idea to the grow notes - they will be included next go round

5 Likes

Well that’s pretty a pretty successful result mate seeing that you couldn’t be home, I do hope you and your family are holding up well being separated though.

4 Likes

Thanks @Pedro_Bann
When I consider everything that went down this season the results are acceptable,Now wish I could test out the smoke . Look the fam are doing well and it is hard being so far away atm . But I’m safe here and we talk a lot to keep connected
the company has issued us with panic buttons and telescopic metal batons ( just in case they said ) I’m hoping I don’t need to use either really , just going to ride this out basically
I will be keeping busy for the duration with work stuff and a side project with the beans I have scored of the local Sativa, I will post a log on these seeds when I get time to plant them out , I have found a couple of good looking sites near natural springs

4 Likes

So cool to grow landrace genetics in their home country. The only Madagascar strain I’ve ever heard of is called Madagascar spirit. I don’t remember exactly but I seem to remember a 10 week flowering time which would mean it was hybridized. Curious to see what you get! I’ve always thought Madagascar genetics would be related to Zamal and of course South Africa.

3 Likes

Hmmmmm Spirit you say , I couldn’t name the strain as when I asked about it I was told it was Jamala
Malagasy for weed lol … I am curious to see what its development will be like . The plants I have seen where huge Christmas tree shapes around the 11 foot mark , I think the 10 weeks seems logical I doubt I will see them through to Harvest , every seed I have put down has been stolen so far , and with winter coming ( and the constant drizzle ) I seriously doubt them finishing up . It will be cool just to see what they can become ,when grown in better times
I reckon I may get a good 8 weeks before conditions get bad - but hey they might grow longer yet , I can at least see what the mold resistance is like etc .
16 beans in water today … this will be a definite minimalist grow for ferts and such ,all I have on hand is some prilled Nitrogen and Bat Guano I got locally for my chili and tomato bushes I have in camp .

4 Likes

Thats too bad. Hopefully these dont get found right away. Were the other plants hidden at all? I’m sure the locals get outdoors alot more than in the state’s. If they cant find it from a four wheeler seat you’re pretty safe where i am. Lazy people here! Have you named your baton?

1 Like

Howzit @Upstate
Yeah I still hide every plant , but here man it’s crazy hey
You can be in the middle of nowhere and look over and see a dude standing in the bush watching you , there are literally people on foot where ever you go up here .if they happen across them they are gone ,no matter what size lol.
hmmm named the Baton , never thought of naming her but now you mention it , how about Karma ?
If I have a run in with somebody I could just let Karma sort em out haha

3 Likes