Little Grow 2020

They have jumped up Ras, looking great, your managing to keep the bugs of them them as well :+1:

1 Like

Nice looking plants. I wondered about multiple plants in one container too. I am growing some that I am waiting on the sex to be determined. I went to the local hardware store and bought some of their distressed plants. I plant them in the yard and bring them back to life, then use the pots for my plants. It is a win-win situation to me. I will cull the males and put the females in 3 gallon pots to hopefully stunt some growth. At what age did you top yours? Being new at growing I am not sure when and of course I hate cutting my plants…lol

2 Likes

Top at 3 or 4th node for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks as always MrToast. Still a scary thing for me right now. Sure as my experience grows, it will be easier. I look at all of my plants as my little babies. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You should try “FIM’ing”'as well…stands for “F$@k… I missed!”…
Rather than pinching the whole top off…you pinch about 2/3 of the new growth sprouting from the top…If done properly…you’ll essentially have 4 growth areas up top to produce your bud from…rather than 2

2 Likes

I did read about that and have seen pictures. Guess that is why I have so many plants. A screw up will not ruin all my effort. I am trying and logging everything I do to try and improve. Trial and error seems to be the best teachers anyway.

2 Likes

I topped at 3 nodes when the fourth appear

1 Like

I have fimmed some but i’m not really fan of this method

1 Like

So far so good
They have everything in soil
No bugs outdoor for me

1 Like

I’ve heard a great natural repellant for your
plants can be made by soaking some branches from some tomato plants in water over night…Strain and spray the water on your cannabis…Tomatoes, being part if the Nightshade family, have a number of natural deterrents for pests…

1 Like

update

![IMG_20200621_152114_0|690x388]

6 Likes

Those are some very nice looking plants Ras-T. Always a great thing to see that many worms in your soil. We have some large ones in our compost soil. I am all about using the good things Mother Earth provides us first, then supplement the rest. I appreciate you giving me some more information on the clipping. It seems many people follow that same rule of thumb you do. I appreciate you taking the time.

2 Likes

I have some potted marigolds, basil and rosemary around my plants. Seems to do a great job of keeping most pests away from my other stuff. We use soapy water, and if needed a little cayenne pepper in the water, to spray the rose bushes and some other plants for bugs. I will try your suggestion MrToast and see how it does in comparison.

1 Like

I hear ya bud…Different strokes…and go with whatcha know! :+1:

3 Likes

I’m using 3years old soil reactivated with one year composted cow manure and some other like donkey, horse, chicken
Bat and swallow guano
some old fish mix that i put some New fish waste regularly
Decaying Wood with all the good white fungus an bacteria on it
Watered with Fresh and oxygenated water from a stream
Thats it!!!

4 Likes

That’s it? That is tiring just reading about it…lol. We have some boxes we grow herbs in and finally emptied them out and revived the soil mixing it in with our compost mix. Wish I did have all the items you had for yours. Love using natural things as much as possible.

1 Like

7 Likes

Today sexing begins
10 females comfirmed out of 32 plants
Not Bad for the moment
BigUp to all of you OGer’zzz

1 Like

Greenhouzzzz

Sacred Plant

5 Likes

That greenhouse looks like a nice place to work/play.

3 Likes