Live & Reloaded

Fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers:

What a shit storm of embarrassing seeds. Do you think the seeds sold over here in the USA are regionally produced in a US facility? Or do you suspect they all come straight from the primary Sensi seed manufacturing facility?

Cat looks happy with the calindi toy.

Hope you can get some sativa soon, I think you need it :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I know first hand that US customers have the chance to enjoy a local production (in 2023 at least), just like Mr Nice in B2B (in more messy as always ^^). I don’t think it will last, it’s not logical in term of logistic, costs and habits considering what have done the Dronkers bros until now in term of evolution. A fragile startup from a traditional mogull that had the monopoly during 2 decades ^^

The facility you’re talking about is more a packaging space with expensive machines to automate the process fully. It’s why they losted so much control on the QC imho, cumulated with cheap outdoor foreign penny-grows. After a thousand of seeds of their fresh releases now (all prices), only the Big Bud was decent and it’s not a top shelf.

And by decent i mean seeds not made by my little cousin, simply this lol. If i’m happy to get back these lines for my pleasure, i’m just astonished by their actual state (beside seeds). I expected something rodeo, but not so much time-consuming in the breeding plan.

Fingers crossed for the tall ladies … but i’m already fighting hard ^^ I’m finishing to compare all the AKs in cones to map the smoke (less pleasant than it look), and i will start to throw some strains-feedback on CLD, AK and COB.

Actually i’m just burning weed to burn weed ^^ This dense round harvested too much, almost two months that i burn it full time without seeing the end. It’s the weed of repros, principally of rejected females, but it’s representative of how Jah is a joker. Over all the repros done until now, i was expecting an AK as the leader of potency but it’s the Big Bud lmao I get a bug in the matrix, but still an informations i will never believe 20 years ago. The same way i was expecting the Big Bud to be the terpenator treat of the pack … and it’s the AK ^^

I digress again on what is a practical lead breeding : an elastic one ^^

5 Likes

I was asking more for the purposes of perhaps sending you better seed stock. I’d be happy to send you a pack of US Jack. However, just checked they don’t even sell the regs over here.

Looking forward to reading your smoke feedback :grin:

3 Likes

That’s cool buddy and not a bad idea if ever they open to regs someday. Damn i just saw the USA price of the ERSB :no_mouth: … i’m suddenly very enthousiast about this round and everything will be repro like a charm even if i need voodoo lol ^^

3 Likes

God these Maine Coon. I just cleaned 20 liters of used soil that he poured on the ground in trying to hunt one of my watering can. The pink one is his mortal ennemy.

The SD is back in the track ^^ 95% chances it’s the same cut i had ln 2008, a love affair among others (ECSD included). A lot of SD and (fingers crossed) JH in blunts this season, look like the stash leaved the spices-duties a bit to talk more seriously.

The SD project can finally begin, it’s a itching thing since a while now. I’m not so Chem, but SD as fuck kind of guy ^^

More news and feedback on it with flowers. After a good month i will renew the mother and sog a bunch of rejected clones. This is a bunch of gears suddenly activated, i’ve to rewrite some shits in the planning ^^

6 Likes

Good news after months of hunt! :smiley:

So that’s not the ECSD?

A good SD is the shit anyway!

2 Likes

Nop ECSD wasn’t the hunt, i needed this unlabeled SD cut to pass an old frustration lol It’s not operational like an ECSD, direct outcrosses aren’t bringing more on the table with this SD. So to piss fems like the wind it’s not the horse you will take. It’s more compliant for long term program and patient inbreeding than the ECSD on the other hand.

4 Likes

If that’s a SD you know and love, that’s what matters. Curious to see it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad your SD clone arrived in decent shape. Is it easy to ship stuff like that overseas? Customs not an issue? Didn’t look like particularly stealth packaging.

Quite curious how the seedlings are doing. Cheers.

2 Likes

LightStats16-24
FoodStats16-24

A kind of rage-quit happened with the replacement pack of ERSB, i got again these weird puppas eating the embryos from inside. I don’t fckng know what the hell it is and how it can parasite at formation of seeds. It’s bright white, look like woodlouse but nano version, and it surround embryos like fucking mango worms. Impossible to get a decent macro, microscope scale.

Well, Jah listened my rage at least. Two females and one male declared (micro shoots stage), and i’m disturbed. ERSB is very fast for the strain it’s supposed to be. And i still don’t see any stretch coming ^^ I think that the hardcore germination generated an screening, letting only live three specimens of the unique subgroup that can survive this lol Too early too speak, but the feeling are firmly pointing that i got only the indicas used to reduce the sativa in this set. For one time, not a hint of NL1. Can’t wait to see the flower to see who’s who.

Even in expecting initially a tall diva quite stretchy, i feel a kind of love for this female. Look like photoshopped lol Can’t wait to load the vials of seeds and to explore this. Not sure i will make a parallel line, the other female is just the same but is an embryo (like the male). Even in taking in count the cost of the extraction in tempo and vigor … the defense are obviously far better on the fat girl ^^

In talking about exploration, Giger#1 is actually already in jar streamlining its RH. I was fooled on the selection of the indica male of SHSC-1 , i wasted soil. When an american say “indica pheno” it’s the expression of his cultural love for faster-than-light Kushs, ponderate always ^^

I’m positively surprised by the grade of the weed directly obtained. Terps are dripping from the resin that is dripping from the flowers. It’s sticky like i love, not an already degraded gel glue that take age to wash on hands. But a dry cyanoacrylate one that make your hands sound like a plate grip after a clean dish and that is impossible to wash even with alcohol ^^

On the scents i feel that the AK is fighting very hard with the Shiska, we are totally in an alien fruit there. Mix of sugared chemical treat of fun fair and highly fruity terps (not sugared). Too early to dare an aromas decyphering, this night in a cone. But it’s enough close to a ST#3 to stimulate my interest, accidental-proto-bet won ^^

Blunts planned as hell, none weed until the Big Bud S1 was worth the rolling sesh (wiki very soon).

Yesterday night i was in the mood :
“fuck yeah, i closed all smoke reports of the round … over 2 months chain rolling/comparing”

Sound like a problem of rich, but it’s taking a pen each time you’re smoking to don’t miss a temp’s change in terp expression or half point of difference in potency or a nuance you missed … just try it one day, and extrapolate ^^

Then i get down the hanging AKshish for another round of notation ^^ Let me digress a bit on sudden finds on floral grade. I don’t treat them the same way that rejected phenos or seeded phenos.

It’s a neat indica shape : apical bud (left), underdeveloped buds (center), dominant calibration bud (right).
I generally smoke the caviar last. With fast plants, the major flaw is to have only the apical bud that is decent, it’s a very simple manner to check is the maturation is disparate or not. This one was harvested at peak of potency, way before the senescence.

At least only one pheno to roll, and no comparisons to do in real time. Yes i can’t wait to burn these jars lol, but not for the usual reason.

Imagine all jars filled during two months, and that each time you roll one … you have to roll two aside burnt at the same time ^^ I’ve a couple of sesh with blank page on notations lol, ask more dedication that it look.

Because it’s too empty and that my grow desk need more decos ^^ Seeds are thrown in the sprouter this night, they both soaked well. Simple H202/humic for these ones, pure water/h202 in sprouter.

After the disappointing exploration of the fems C91-based, i just asked a “care-package” of C91 buds to don’t waste any more time to grow outcrosses to map. Wasn’t cheap (fking 18/gr), but i got what i want and enough to start this complicated outcross. Wish me luck. Yes, i will outcross a fucking S1 and i hate this for the shit ton of extra work on herms it’s asking. But 13 months to source a decent SD that is not a Karma cut was enough pain in the ass to source a C91 in top of this lmao

Beside it, my days are quite packed lastly. A bunch of things are moving around forcing me to work on various domains, it’s stimulating.

Make me feel good too, i’m back on the track and the only commercial release remaining in the fridge is the Critical Mass. Wait ^^ Ok, Skunk #1 and Critical Mass lol Piece of cake repros still.

The SD is a nutes-bitch just like my old cut, for now i’m adding green checks. She drink a super-mild solution for now, N and kelp enriched, watered with a sprayer in micro drop setting … diva care.

• the grodan/soil transition … not the same fauna around roots ^^

Within one month, the time to renew it … i will SOG the hell all rejected clones you can be sure ^^
This is the stage that make me the more nervous, on the cut itself i took enough time to reduce errors.

I’m not talking about it much, but it was a true nightmare sincerely. Behind the apparent modern “easy access” , a lot more work to source. Just asking a decent photo of the motherplant “withdrawn” is a kind of mission itself.

But i got a recurrent advise that make me laugh often : “Why you’re searching this one, just buy them all and figure out yourself.” The concept of productivity is not always well perceived ^^

Glad too, but to stop to hunt it. Unfortunately some others are planned on the ride, it’s just a pause.

Snips between individuals … yeah it’s relatively easy. But between two bros, you don’t give fuck to try 20 snips melted to get one rooted. So you can go hardcore on packaging ^^

For a rooted clone (my case), it’s a bit more tricky yes. You’re no more on economical postage services, but on the most expensive ones, generally reserved for companies.

It’s a very contextual mater and depend on the start and the end of the travel. On the freight line i am, i can even smuggle buds from colorado dispensaries to stay updated ^^ Done, not a joke lol

It was, i only shown how was send the cut itself and its direct wrap. 7 layers in counting all. But it looked like any urgent company document. I can’t speak about the method, it took one month to set, but i’m impressed i must say.

Beside some popular cookies and a Thin Mint i worked with, the guy don’t have much “breeding materials” but i will try to use him as a broker until he’s vomiting each time he’s seeing my nickname lmao

Let’s rain seeds in selection damned hell, can’t stand any more repro lol

5 Likes

Despite the war on germination it’s greening up in the tent. This new ERSB are surprising, but woa that one you pointed indeed is really a beauty. Big fat leaves here :slight_smile:

So sad G#1 did not have a progeny. But well that’s life. She was nice, but that does not mean good breeding material anyway. And her root system does not look that impressive. Kinda dwarf like the above soil vegetation. What post size was that?

So the SD project is coming. Hope you’ll find what you want in that expensive C91 pack.

Looks like this SD cut was a quest by itself and required some good smuggling techniques :smiley: Do you know what is its lineage btw?

^^

Next round you’ll have better weed to sample :smiley:

3 Likes

These nightmare of seeds got me an insane epigenetic pressure on what’s surviving. If i can inbred it, it will be a true ERSB alt by fate lol But i must admit that these shapes that i got are absolutely sexy even if in the opposite of what i was waiting for (a stretchy thai-lead dutch haze).

No relate-able scents for now … can’t wait to smoke it ^^

In fact i’ve around 200 seeds of sister and brothers, on this female AK (terpy/BBgm). And the same amount with the aunt of G#1 (musky/classic).

Smoking it since two days now, by the larf immature buds first. She passed the sacred 3/5 potency (mean decent in my notations), we are in something that hit as hard that the Big Bud (drastically improved on this point, it’s a bug in the matrix).

The terps are objectively strong, if i was in Spain her clone will be already i a few growshops for sales ^^ Decent at this point, but G#1 was a great warning on the selection to operate. She’s too fast, the AK passed the dragster early senescence.

When you’re smoking your mouth is filled by precursors terps vaporized, give you the impression to have sipped sap with a straw after a toke. The cool effect of it is that when you drink some water on your water bottle, it make a flavored tea.

The bad side is a grade of weed not fully expressed on cannabinoids. I will screen out all “indica” pollen male progeny, 40-50 days is not sustainable for this kind of hybrid. She need more a skunky ~60 to have the type to proceed the shit load of precursors she filled with.

10 liters the pot, she stopped to colonize quite fast in dropping auxins at the moment she touched the drain holes. Very indica-ish ^^ Bigger buds will be harvested if i let her in 3.5 liters … bad evaluation of my part, then wasted energy in colonization. I wasn’t expecting at all an absence of stretch.

This sub-genotype will be discarded anyway, performances are contradictory with the quality of the final product.

Pressure is high, but it’s also the proof i take very seriously the SD stabilization ^^

It’s one of the first cuts in circulation, and it’s linked with weasel somehow. And that’s the whole reliable datas I can get ^^ I learned that the cut labeled “wing wang” is not far, it’s not considered as the same cut but more like a drift of the same chain. SD is fucking labyrinthic now, things have well changed since a dozen of years lol

Still fundamentally a Chemized afghani/skunk for me ^^
Don’t tell anyone or i will finish on a pyre lol

True. I hope pounds like the previous round ^^ I will not cry to have too much weed to note this time lmao

1 Like

Indeed totally unexepected phenos, to the point that I don’t know if you could still call that ERSB if you inbreed that :smiley:

Jah bless! (as you would say :wink: ) But the gigers were on their own with their weird shell.

So she checked a lot of points but not the overall growth/lifespan. Was good too see this alien thing growing still

Yeah hard to follow nor trust much on all this SD/chem lineage. But that’s a good ancestry summary, let see how you’ll manage to stabilize that, very curious about what you want to do and how.

2 Likes

We share the same concern :smile:
Aren’t we looking at a thai/asian dominant strain initially ? ^^ At one month, i don’t think elongation will come …

It’s a phenomenom i still got on the second batch, I’ve a bunch a “shrinkled” seeds coming from apical inflorescences on the two females used to separate the AK line. The more “BBgm” lead, the more extreme the expression.

It’s not the end of these kewl alien pods ^^ I must say what is inside… is quite high and THCv-rich for an indica pheno (G#1). Unceiled too, i appreciate for the last jars of the ride.

Like all others weed in fact, building a clown of what have initially catched my attention.

For the SD it’s first this dangerous organoleptic activity that go from the 2/3th of the flo to when you lit a blunt. It’s really strong and remanent, in bonus to be in a spectrum prone to be even more perceived strongger. Many fancy descriptions, i personnally describe SD as a taste of “super-leaded gas station from the hell” lol

On the kick, it’s aging a bit. It still an hell of steroid for any creatiVe activity and social wellness for shrinked faces like me ^^ Upgrading the kick on a SD isn’t a concern but the fragile terp balance mentionned just before.

So the plan isn’t a secret, it’s not a visual instagram project. The weed will be the lead in a first time to extract it whatever is the shape and get rid of the cut, then inbred in reinforcement.

For the horticultural work, later, it will be quite the same that the conscensus already stated. I see this like LOOF in a way : Fat flowers, high flower/leaf ratio, ~70-80 days, high EC ready, high density light ready, kind of shape similar to an hazey skunk with 100% indica floral mass.

It’s the “want”, no who the fck know what Jah have in his hats for this one …

2 Likes

LightStats03-31
FoodStats03-31

Hard week again with the C91, even more hard that was the ERSB. The life’s sparkle is not there.
Well like almost all what is growing this round, embryos saved from hell are making the show.

On left the ERSB are thriving since the nematodes treatment, even if visually i lost my shit … the asian legacy pumping inside still obvious for now.

JH hating to have the socks wet, so it’s the less developed. And hell to get a dry cycles, with the NL5H too. One fucking week. You’re forced to overwater a bit with the nematodes and to maintain a good RH the first days … Big Bud (hydro strain initially) and ERSB thrive in these conditions but not all strains ^^

The ERSB of the batch#1, with one male for the scale. I still expect a bit of stretch … but i know it will never come lol Now even if it’s the total opposite of what i was waiting for, i must confess that i like a lot these structures. It’s thick, sturdy, eat well and without falling in an NL1ish hybrid against the appearances. Being very much familiar with the Sensi’s genpool since a while … i don’t fucking know what i have under the nose. Unexpected refreshing round with this one, can’t wait to push a bit the F2s;

The most “genuine feeling” pack i’ve germinated since the reboot of the lab, it’s just like i leaved the seeds 20 years ago. Same ratio of runts, same types, and well on shape … no surprises. Maybe those that don’t know this lady will understand more why i was so impressed by the C91 x NL5 of Shoes, in scrolling back (good luck).

12 days of veg, secured now. She don’t have COVID lol but she got her PCR ^^ All clear, even fungis and ecoli lol

At this step i can already say that it’s the SD i was chunking circa 2008, and my favorite. The frustration to can’t work her properly was enormous, the F1 fems were really special with a sharp chemotype. Can’t wait to start this fight.

The little joke of the season. I pour there most of my used soil and vegetal mass “shrinked”. But i also throw all my un-calibrated seeds enough late to keep them very short without any training, or hemp lol

I love Darwinian’s germination lol Really. I even get the luxury to get a runt not supposed to survive this. It just fascinate me, the strains involved or the pheno’s range no longer have any importance but the pure answer of … a dozen specimens surviving maybe 2500 seeds thrown in one time in this square.

I don’t expect much but a show, in the best case i get an outdoor line to play with ^^

Some C91 in an enriched agar. This method is insanely long, but is more secure than a direct transplantation of the embryo in soil. Even coated with chitosan gel.

Take two tupperware, make a grid on the one that is inside and drill well. ~1 centimeter gap work very well.

Prepare your agar, when it’s cold and ready : enrich it with the stuff you use (nutes, phytos…).

Extract these fucking seeds that only want to die alone.

Then place the whole in a greenhouse because you haven’t finished the war with a gnats strain able to eat a motherplant roots in one week ^^ The water fall and make a loop, on hot days you can spray the surface.
It’s better to open quite fast, after a first week even with hard phyto stuff.

I will not comment much on what i’m doing, but i find this shot cool lol Look like to work on this one, fingers crossed. I need only one alive.

It’s the end of the stash too, rolling some skuff of trims quickly made. I rolled night and day like a deamon since the big bud S1 … i will appreciate this detox. Not much specimens to count on for the sinse, i will fill the holes with some SD sogged. Can be worse ^^

see you around, and keep the vibes high !

3 Likes

AKfeedback
akfeedback2

Release : AK47 “Reg” summer 2023, fresh batches. Direct from the mothership.

You can find some datas and others pics of their official grow in the website, when you click on the bottom of the description “Grow Report by G.B.I”.

A necessary introduction

To be straight with the lurkers that will land here, I’ve to expose a bit the momentum i had with this label overall. At first when i saw an ex-sensi employee opening a seebank, i just ignored. I’m a kind of anti-thesis of the FOMO in general, even today.

Add to this that i considered Sensi Seeds as the mother of all seedbanks under the direction of Ben Dronkers, the inevitable starting point. I’m still thinking it on a proportional level, but at this time i was more like a devotee of the brand dreaming to integrate the breeding facilities, even to just sweep the entry hall ^^ The only thing i got is some intel and porosity in seeds (i bite my nuts retrospectively) by a “in house” bro while Sensi was buying the biggest French forum. Sensi to the neck … until a contact decide to come visiting me for a “buds on the table” discussion. A famous cut in our scene at this time, very competitive retrospectively but it’s another subject.

One cone was enough to get me down, super effective on me. The chainsaw high/stone worked like a charm, first time i smoked a plant able to degrade so fast/early so much THC in CBN without losing the kick or being transformed in a super-creeper.

So impressed that i got a bunch of seeds just after. The real shock was there for me. I wasn’t imagining possible such a high level of breeding, even in having known the golden age of Sensi. It wasn’t ridiculous too in the circles i was swimming, boosted by a far more reliable genetic than today and the “one P1 per pack” really insured without any screening before. Prices were high, but very easy to rentabilize to speak straight.

So indirectly Simon become an hero and his clones-in-seeds a kind of model for a standard and a grade. I started to be more interested too by satellite labels, reinforcing my impressions even more.

His speech also when Dutch Passion was just making rain feminized seeds (and no, they were never “rodelized” lol … we are talking about insane volumes that need to be industrialized). In 2024, their wholesale prices are still build to make volumes … not really the “garage seedbank” depicted sometimes ^^

Serious Seeds openly declared that they were sub-product without much risks to be taken for a fool, and that they will not fall in this degradation of their standards and grades.

20 years later, democratization helping, the level of quality of commercial regs have so much reached their abyssal limits that it’s almost hard to remember the time where you was actually able to work directly with an expensive genetic.

So it’s tinted anyway and you have to take in count this grid of reading. Not because i’m specially a self-claimed templar of the AK, but more about the canary in the mine that it represents for me.

A necessary deconstruction of the marketing

Before going directly in the phenos and their weed, it’s important to present some past/new specificities on traits that make the identity of the AK.

Yield

The grow report is quite spot on, but very much underestimated and it's surprising. Generally you're expecting the reverse.

I get the same average yield without much efforts on the 2023 release BUT :

• with 750w of neons instead 1800w of HPS
  • with 3.5 Liters pots instead 6.5 Liters pots

I will be happy to pour my ego all over the place on this point, but it was just a simple repro on two packs and i’m very not an elite grower … i think it’s obvious that i have others priorities ^^

The flowers have not the same density, but the AK 2023 is today able to fight decently against a Big Bud 2023 on well vegged plants. But it totally lost its leadership on the SOG, the AK was just a reign on this point. Previously.

Flo speed

The AK was fast, with a reduced window to catch the potency peak but you was able to almost grow it at the tempo of any skunk. Beware i speak about the timeline, it’s not a comparison of these plants and their need in any way.

But now the AK is turbocharged : senescence is engaged earlier (can be as soon that day 50) and the plants are triggered faster. It look like that the fem version is even faster. I pushed them to death as usual, and they handled almost a 120 days.

Faster and enough resilient to continue to continue to flower quite longer. It’s a change that i find equally stimulating and helping to heal the line.

THC level

“Very high” … but just let’s throw these commercial rates that mean nothing and let’s talk about chemotype’s efficiency instead.

Before

The smoke was enough rich in its specific balance to resist my body. Any abuse ending by a nap with its singularity on CBN : not mostly developed during the fall of the potency and not specially linked with an over-matured weed. Actually, it was the soul of the AK for me in term of chemotype.

After

Capped. I can binge an oz in blunts and be just a bit tired to move my ass. At harvest peak you experience the old high a bit racy, but it don’t last a good hour of entertaining chainsaw like before. You perceive it at the middle of the blunt, then it vanish before crushing the blunt in the ashtray to lit the next.

During a full day (24hrs) while i tested all phenos side by side like a machine, i almost reached by saturation this messy stone i dislike with the Chem#4. You don’t know if you’re dizzy, stone, ultra-stone … you can’t really rest and you can’t really be active. It’s like being sick without being sick … no way, i like sharp chemotypes that know who the fuck they are lol

So it’s a solid red alert for the potency. On the Kalimist it’s less annoying, but for a line that mostly won cups with its potency … it’s quite annoying.

It react very well in F1, the heterosis regenerate the high (but without the nap effect) at good levels perceived (saturated but not capped). There is life in this corpse, the potential still here if you cancel its use until it’s enough stabilized.

For one time i will speak about a notation because it represent very well the thousands of grams burned to realize this. I note the potency always on a ladder of 5. And the AK got among two packs score between 1.5/5 and 2.5/5. 3 being considered as decent, 4 being the ancient notation of the AK 20 years ago. I can’t be more direct.

Sexual stability

The line is literally fucked sexually, and they are regulars like i’m the hidden son of Ben Dronkers. But smartly fucked, like a desperate move to save the furnitures from a flood.

I got a lunar discussion on germination theories that I will not quote. It’s very hard to read your hero destroying all credibility he won over decades … in two mails of bro science that even on RIU they don’t dare to troll lol

If it was one of these weed artists that make fires lines without really understanding how … but it’s the total reverse and i’m glad to have debated a bit with the guy at a stand a while ago. Not that to be openly taken for an idiot is pleasant, but at least you know that something changed drastically in the approach.

So yeah, the AK reg are for me obviously a S1 outcrossed. Not even sure with a male reintroduced, the 2023 line is unable to produce males directly. 0% on 22 seeds is quite talkative for a line initially flawless on stability (overall). I pass on traces you’re used to see when you’re used to reverse industrially a bunch of lines and cuts.

It’s what make me the more crazy actually, more than the job to get the shine back. I mean, if i buy a reg that have to be worked at least x generations to start to wipe the shit out … where is the point on the price ?

My opinion :

• the regs offer very good females as pollen donors. I’ve not sprayed one but i’m enough used to screen for fem donors to say it’s a breeze to reverse and the females are really sturdy in front of multiple simultaneous tortures. It’s killing me to say this but Simon is selling in reg seeds, good pollen donor that can be directly used.

• If you want to inbred it to recover a competitive level of grade, be prepared and make directly a ton of seeds with smart pairings. Still a good beast on this point, i pulled out an average of 1K seeds per plant with very decent calibrations. You have to reintroduce males multiple times, then deal with the shit show resulting from this : an herm feast during a few generations. Yes, shitty job without much sight on duration.

"Turpz"

Like i said previously, the shine of the AK was mostly revolving around its singular potency, its great SOG performance in yield and its insane level of stability. This is the cost of the great gain in flavors, even if it’s very much too close of a bubblegum. And i don’t refer to a treat but the cut, three dutch breeders offering it and off course the serious one. I say “close” but it’s actually a copy-paste of the terps, without the “drunk” high coming with it.

Is it a good trade ?

• No. Because potency, stability and fast yield is a too expensive sacrifice for an organoleptic profile already known (BBGM).

• Yes. Because it’s a true addition to the dankness of the AK. In the past it was a rare occurence, and generally produced by the mildest phenos. Surprisingly, it’s quite stable now and the intensity isn’t linked with potency levels. The chance to get a potent treat can be envisaged when the males become more numerous than herms.

How it taste … just like a pink bubblegum roll, with little variations. Not more or less sweet, more on the level of complexity of the body of the smoke. Very dominant in the 2023 release, with recessive phenos offering the “old smoke” more on the classic-light-musky range. I got only one and a couple of doomed mendelian hybrids, the potency wasn’t specially on top of the BBgm phenos.

The phenos

The ride was quite different from one batch to another, in being the same nightmare. So i prefer to divide the feedback per round on main segregations.

akreport3

I wasn’t aware yet that it was a lucky shot, these two females represent very well the fight at work between two main segregetation :

• the “classic” AK4 : the watered down version of the early 2000’s millesime.
  • the “new” AK7 : terpy as fuck (BBgm) with equal potency.

No real fundamental difference on the chemotype’s profile (in term of style and kick), so it’s why i integrated the new deal in the breeding plan.

In term of shape, they are quite close, it’s the bad new. If you never grown a BBgm (any decent version), you will have time to spot the “AK7ish” specimen early, but the terps are enough loud to avoid any error later. On structure you will feel fast enough the difference. The BBgm phenos offering less elegant shapes, less structured buds very prone to foxtail, and a branching a lot more flexible … what a surprise ^^

It’s close to an ON/OFF in considering that the new terps are dominants, most of females of the second batch were in this range (BBgm). The F1 of both are very good, i ponder it with the Shishkaberry pollen of @SHSC-1 used, but the “indica pollen” was quite crushed genetically. This unexpected transparency will be maybe end to save the AK this way, over to pass maybe a decade to restructure its sexuality ^^ It’s a complicated decision at this step, i need to see some F2 and F3 first, to evaluate in how many time i can reverse the dynamic at my favor.

akreport4

The exact equivalence of the female shown just in up, in males. To help the fresh meat to figure out how look a BBgm pheno ^^

Very qualitative until it turn totally herm when the specimens just get ultra low on Gib/Cytos … then they reverse naturally in a full female expression like this one :

Not this only one, but ALL males of the two batches perfectly synched. Yep, and you read some of my wikis there is not enigma behind this lol Outside the temp of the germination or because i don’t comply with the worldly renowned NL industrial standard patented … “to use plates and toilet paper”. To can cook the seeds on top of a radiator in plain winter (true story, not from serious) ^^

Sincerely, it’s pathetic. Specially when you contact the breeder to ask help to deal with it, talking phenos. Not to blame him, but you get an avalanche of bro science turned 100% to avoid any responsibility, respectability too. Not even a shy excuse to have wasted so much time and money at this : the price of one pack is the half i spend per month to run the lab, on cruising speed.

akreport5

The second batch, outside the fake males, was a quite different. Shapes were here but in different variations and bud shape. Maybe another pollen donor, i will not be surprised at this point.

I will not be a douchebag and i will show the main phenos of this batch, seeded mothers included. Because this compass was really missing before launching the seeds last year, and nothing to hope from the breeder on datas. Just the logistic dialed by a pearl of a woman.

I will not make a wall on traits and how to dial this strain, wikis are there for this, but just explaining the smoke related to the phenos. Its actual state is a pain in the ass and in the heart, but the AK still an relatively easy strain to map and to breed. It’s not a JH i mean where each single detail and nuance count, with heavy notations. I don’t advise this until herms are reduced a lot but, anyone can drive the line “artistically” with good results. The core still alive with nice remnants.

akreport6

I was very surprised by both, because they were just the baddest expression of the batch in term of grade of weed. Both not really deserving more than a 1.5/5 on potency.

The #10 is simply the worse smoke of the two batches. By far. Quite hay-green, capped at the first toke but on the higher side of CBN, a creeper very light sleepy stone. Not a pleasant one like the Big Bud that make you a smiling lazy ass. A tiring stone that you feel more like an annoying mosquito. This pheno still provoke a strange blur on sight (ocular pressure) and a frustrating render. You feel that half of the smoke are useless precursors, letting your mouth like vaporized with tasteless sap.

The #6 was quite smelly early, a mirage because the smoke don’t follow. Still pleasant, with a mix of spices / basic (not acid) fruit / pine tree resin that remember strangely the balance of the Kalimist (on spice specially). Not a theory, just throwing a very close reference.

Dense smoke (but not expanding), low potency, capped at one third of a blunt, but with a clear high that warm the temples. Worse root mass of all specimens.

akreport7

Beside the apparences, both phenos are fighting on the same battleground : terp, potency, smoke type. On the ego side, they were the best to grow.

The #7 is the more flavorfull of all, quite relatable because i really pushed in this sense with this one with an agressive flush humic/fulvic then honey (to don’t ask a brand new throat at christmas lol). None “vaporized precursors” feeling in the back of the tongue, lasting taste perfectly in between the old AK and the new AK “Bubblegumized”. The only one enough sane to produce the historic chainsaw (a lot more mild ofc), it generate a light skull pressure (my actual condition still permit to be sensible to this) and the high CBN perceived indicate that at peak … it can be quite interresting. Not strong at the point to put me on bed, but enough for a chill nap on a hamoc. No juvenile scents, as well than a mature plants in flo that don’t really smell strong. All in the combustion. We are around a 2.5/5 potency on this one, almost decent.

So whats the catch beside the low potency ? It’s a solid latent herm that i managed to smoke it lol
A true representation of the “herms robbing the dank bank” of the line. Typically the type of pheno that can fuck up for good an open pollination ^^ If you don’t use it as pollen donor for fems F1, it’s the shit show with a sudden degradation of the grade of the smoke. It’s mostly for them that i screen so much for herms, these kind of bastards are able to vaporize your work with a single shot.

The #9 is a sub-#7 in all, but as a watered down female. It give you the envy to take a nap on abuse, but not enough to sleep or even rest. You get the terps balance of the #7 but as a nuance. The only big difference (beside the shape) is the heavy hashy taste and the according cough. Thick combustion, very pleasant in a blunt made from Nicaraguan wrappers. Not so in a thin cone, too aggressive.

akreport8

My selection, that i will not comment much ^^ Rescuing this line still the objective, so the strategy of selection.
For the male no real selection by fate, I choose the more hard and the longer herm to trigger simply. Just like a Fem P1 selection. I’ve made S1 on him too with his own flowers … it was very necessary to reverse engineer what was done on this pour AK, then take the right decision on the two IBLs.

AK1 is an entertaining creeper with high efficiency CBN degradation.
AK5 is supercharged with precursors not used, in being quite terpy (BBgm/classic).

I’m glad that the AK still a very good seed producer, i’ve a ton of specimens to kill on the next IBL move.

A necessary conclusion

• Entering the line in production

It can be a smart move to use as pollen donor (STS). It’s a bit like the Big Bud for the average stoner, everybody have an opinion on it but the number of persons knowing its smoke and growth pattern is very restricted. But everybody like the smoke in hybrids without spotting it lol

It let you a big margin in an era filled by growers unable to recognize a skunk shape, on sight ^^
Just … have mercy and stop these fucked stories, the pre-“my ass”, the buddha himself that gave you sacred seeds under the full moon… well, you know the sing. Stay simple, the weed have to talk for you and it’s always far enough in most of cases.

I advise to only use the “F1”, because they aren’t F1 at all lol

• Saving the AK from the hell

Try to start at least on two parallel lines smartly dedicated around what you got. The advantage with Serious Seeds is that they still know how to make good seeds. Zero nightmare “sensi-style” and the vigor of seedlings permit to don’t waste weeks to maintain zombies.

But you will not be able to save the “AK” this way, it’s gone. I personally like the new drift, but not its cost, the standard is agonizing on the floor. Well at least with this wiki you will have a visual reference to don’t be double-fisted by a fake “pre-something” or a “simon breeder cut” that never existed anywhere anytime or i don’t know what other honey pot.

The Shiskaberry being quite transparent in the F1, it’s my failsafe if i see in S1 that it’s doomed to regenerate males from the genotype itself. It’s an option to keep in mind i think. More news about this during the next winter.

But yes, in IBL be ready to can’t use the line a while outside some F1 fems around. She need cares and it’s not only about screening herms, she need a lead again too.

• Just enjoying the weed

The fems aren’t really the most accurate version, you will get a streamlined average of what you just already read. With a lot less bottom, but with a lot less peaks too. You need three pack to be safe and to extract a decent mother-plant directly. That’s 240 bucks for a motherplant that can’t be competitive with even my F3, the leverage of a repro have always the last word.

So … what kind of cut you can get for 240 bucks within 48hrs ? ^^ It’s the real question for the usual stoner that don’t want to chunk around or that have a planning of production. I’m not speaking for USA only, i’m in the same shit here as a stoner.

The bonus level

It’s just a luxury i’m offering to myself, if you don’t come from a newsletter you can pass lol

2024-05-30_19h06_09

Change this, and you finish in 2024 with 21 lines (instead 5 top notch) that only kept their good germination and seedlings vigor from the past. SS was entirely built initially as a war machine stacking cups … you can’t use it to mow the lawn.

See you around for the next strain-report. I’m quite in late now … 5 more to write and it’s evolving dangerously lol ^^

8 Likes

Fascinating read! Going to require a re-read

4 Likes

Your dedication is admirable :slightly_smiling_face: though some of the stuff you do goes way over my head I love to read your thread :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Impressive detailed report. That’s really cool you openly share your findings on this line. Thanks for taking the time to write that.

4 Likes

LightStats18-37
FoodStats18-37

This week more than any previous round, i felt the hand of Jah damned hell. This time almost in a superstitious way. ERSB and NL5H are all embryos extracted that were transplanted/exhumated/cared up to four times for some, with ablations. And i just got with the declaration the perfect combos as reward. Even on the Ed i don’t know shit, in bonus to be unable to find my phenos anywhere in growlogs for now. I think you was damn right @funkyfunk, in a litteral way.

ERSB is weird for now to map. Traits are super simple to decipher and to link, in walking blind. Strange sensation. Flowers will tell, they charge like a spring for now. At this point i never validate any theory until F2 segregations but … she remembed me very much the Hempstar of Dutch Passion. The good killer one they lost in 2004. I’m sure on the absence of the NL1, but not on the absence of the NL5 … just brain farts for now. Just this absence of stretch is disturbing. The boy in front was culled today, the most vigorous seedling but that burned all the juice too soon. Sofa poodles aren’t avalonians ^^ The male in rear right have very nice crowns forming on the totality of the secondaries, even the lowest and less developed, i like it. But the more disturbing with my set is that the trunks are feeling like they are without any fiber. Not joking and i can’t wait to cut the trunks in all sense and to really extract the fiber to understand. It’s crazy, the trunk just feel like a kind of plain tube in textile with exterior like a kind of textured wallpaper.

I fucked the group shot, blurry. Let’s show the most representative. Both mendelian hybrids, that’s the hardiness of this line, you have to maintain artificially the balance or the haze just die very fast. Can be as soon as F2 if you’re lured too much by heterosis. Chunking a F1 can be very fun if you’re enough lucky on the batch, but inbreeding it is to reserve for hobbyist with mileage and able to fail/retry. Anyway it’s my “treat stash” when i don’t smoke JH, you will see how i sweat blood to keep her on the rails. You’re safe with this one on the late, on generations that are today a blasphemy to pronounce. Damned era.

Not numerous but true seedlings this one, no embryos that i refused the death. I must say that i don’t wanted to play this card with this one, ready to shoot another pack. But … you’re seeing exactly in this humble photo a statistical nonsense. The four main phenos are represented lmao The lemony yielder, the backwood bazooka, and the two NL variations (C99/A13 lead). Needless to say that i’m stressed as fuck about the declaration on this one. A good week and i will know at which sauce i will be cooked. I’m more than very happy, it’s just WTF. Last time i got the four apocalypse horsemen, i spent over 2K in JH seeds ^^ Not sure how i feel about it lol

Well … big chances it turn in a simple repro. And that no one will understand why i like this little weed. It’s like the Californian Indica, an underrated genetic with great potential. But that ask work. I’m prudent now with Sensi lol, but they are supposed to look like shit with very leafy buds. It’s why i initially choose it to outcross the C91, to simplify the screening. Well it’s quite compromised now i think, a change of strategy is already on the go. Something a lot more challenging of course, because it’s the best way to pass a frustration lol

I don’t have the heart to exhume them (5 inside). I give them one more little week and i throw it in the Darwinian square in the garden. When it’s doomed for good, i will make a post to show the insane sequence that lived these “born-to-die” seeds. Can’t win all the times.

I wanted to make some artistic shots to show my fetichism with this cut but … not my day on photos ^^
She continue to make me very happy, in 10 liters now. Everything still where it should be, scents start to be quite annoyingly interesting ^^ The 4x4 is again packed but … she will get an haircut soon and i will place some cuts. Can’t resist to this. It’s also an habit to renew fast a clone not coming from my lab. I’m not fetichist with root masses lol

This time i will play fully the strategy to avoid somatic drifts @funkyfunk , three cuts will be renewed exactly from the same spots : lowest, middle, apex. And never mixed. With the bunch of outcrosses i’ve to do, i will quickly see a difference in specimens of progeny if there is any. It don’t really change my procedure in fact, just the specialization of each cut in the maintenance.

Not a stamped scientific context, but i will not use totally fucked and aged motherplants that look like wine like the experiment. And i know well my puppies, more practical to spot a drift. She will get an ultimate test too on this matter, some STS pollen. I’ve in mind to verify for good this theory. Actually reverse engineering the formula i was buying in Spain, no way i spent so much and no way i return 20 years backward in using something raw and that just sux, even with a powerfull AC. No time to play around, i said that this year serious things start in the genpool ^^

When i reserve seeds like that, there is a reason. The problem is that i forgot which one ^^
I recognize the seed’s shape and pattern, first two are big bud and the one on right is california indica.
But … black hole. No idea lol I will launch them when i will make a selection for my padawan on the CLD F2.

Birthday cake of my younger son, he made his 16. Wifey is just a killer at pastry.
Strawberry/true Chantilly homemade … you just eat it until you explode it’s diabolic.

keep the vibes high

10 Likes