Live slow and get your toes dirty in my grow. Come on down

Dude! I cant wait for temps to drop so my tent goes back down to those ranges. Im running an average of 85F lights on due to the dehumidifier having to run constant

6 Likes

I talk real nice and good like.

Thank you parcero, much love. That golden showers is currently contesting with the OG Kush for my favorite strain out of this last harvest. It’s got a funky tropical mango/cantaloupe profile, it’s hard to describe.

The phenos I have jotted down from the parents were cheese truffle, tropical pine with slight funk, grape funk, and citrus lemon cleaner. I selected 2 phenos that had the same stem rub as the tropical pine parent and came out with the profile I described.

I took em to f5 last year if you want some beans. I’ve been slacking on detailed journal entries, which will hopefully change with this next rotation. Only downside to the Golden Showers I can tell is it’s a lower yield producing strain. I also have some Golden Shower accidental hybrids going in little 4 inch containers. Will be harvesting those in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Just let me know!

I haven’t found an ounce of piss in those beans to be frank with you. I have plans to eventually hit them with Old School Chronic’s Super Silver Catpiss Bx2s, but I’m not really sure when I’ll get to that.

I also harvested some Cheetah Piss x Sunset Sherb and that’s got that cheetah piss terp peofile with some added grape aroma behind it. Just finished trimming it a bit ago. Going to have a little late night uncured toke of it.

10 Likes

I saw your jars ready and heavy but totally missed what you harvested. I’d be super interested but I can’t really get to them til the start of the new year. Cantaloupe terpenes are elusive haha I’ve had one near perfect batch of something similar but I didn’t get any info on it. I’m super curious about yours though. I’d be happy to send you something in my stash or get a few cuts to you.

5 Likes

Somewhere around 10-14 days left for both pheno #1 and pheno #2 of TS x SSDD. Not a perfect round by any means but they’re coming out alright. These also endured a 17 day light leak but no herms it seems. #2 is a touch leafy but I was pushing #1 on feed a bit so this first round of #2 got pushed too. Either way, let the swelling commence! I’ll have to keep an eye on Maze too but with how much it’s swelling it might be done earlier than 10/31. Still tons of white hairs though. Really gorgeous carroty/catnip/peppercorn/honey thing going on with it.

#1 :arrow_heading_down: (yuk, a hair)

#2 :arrow_heading_down: very sweet earth stink. I’d imagine a room full of this could very well give off that baby poop smell but with everything else I don’t get that.

17 Likes

Protect your peace, but I agree you do talk pretty AND good. You have clarity and reason, very little space for asshattery. It’s refreshing :pinched_fingers:

7 Likes

I’m ready to over winter for sure. I harvested some Golden Showers, that Cheetah Piss cross, Guava Stardawg x Gelato 41, Don Mega x Udder Madness, OG Kush, Goji OG, Pine Tar Kush, Blue Kush, and Night Terror OG. That Stardawg cross leaves my mouth covered in its taste, it’s quite nice with tea. Gelato with a heavier fuel tone underneath.

Grow them whenever man, if you’d like seeds of the accidental hybrids too; by all means. The GG#4 x (Chem D x Sour D) crossed to the showers is looking extremely promising. I was nervous about hermaphrodites with the amount of Chem in the line, but we’re in week 7 of flower without any indications of one. The smell is on point and the low yield issue trait is gone. The Super Pineapple Haze hybrid is looking sexy too. I’ll take pictures prior to harvest to showcase them. I would like to do a seed giveaway for Christmas including those, Banana OGs, and some of the Cake Face crosses if I end up with a male.

Shoot me a private message with your privnote and I’ll have them in the mail for you. I need to invest in those flips for seeds but for now I’ll have to get creative. I’m real tempted to cross the Showers with the Pine Tar Kush and use that pine as at the “citrus” profile in the Bombon Kush. The PTK led me to realize that I often intermingle lime and pine profiles.

How interesting that the Maze strain is fattening up that intensely. I had insinuated it was going to stay very haze like in nature due to it’s hairiness.

Was this plant by chance near the light leak?

Thank you, both of y’all. It genuinely means a lot.

7 Likes

You’ve got nice taste my friend. I’ve had guava stardawg straight before and I’m a big fan. I’m generally a chem fan on its own or crossed. I know intersex stuff can happen with chems but I’ve never personally had any go crazy on me. Maybe that’s why they’ve stayed one of my favorites. If I had had issues in the past maybe I’d feel otherwise. I love the heavier mental highs(but not necessarily ‘indica’). Narcotic is the word people use but that never felt like the right word for me. I don’t want to sit on seeds forever but if you’d like to see someone grow your work, I’m open to growing some out! You work with a lot of things that strike my fancy but have always fallen just behind something else when I end up making choices. So I’m super thankful you’re doing what you’re doing. Trying to set up next year’s plans… hah it’s overwhelming but worth it to have a plan. I’ll shoot you a message.

No of course not what ever could you be speaking of. You mean to tell me I’ve got seeds? Well, I hope so. That’s in the low to no effort seed tent :tent: eternal sunshine f2s being made along with a few crosses. Can’t promise chickens before they hatch but if they come out healthy and plentiful, I’d imagine a few will find their way to you if you so desire. I don’t think enough people follow me to want the seeds I make like that but I also plan to work with eternal sunshine for a while and see what fun can be found, if any. So it won’t be your only shot at it or something relating to it if nows not the time

9 Likes

SSDD f2 moving fast

Veg tent being a whole bag of nutty bologna

Made some hash earlier

TS x SSDD pheno #3

Chem 91 Skunk VA s1

Peshawar B

Still making compost

TS x SSDD pheno #4

19 Likes

To be frank with you, I mainly guessed on the genetics I purchased. Either the lineage sounded interesting or the genetecist seemed knowledgeable. I was lucky enough to have access to bricks of Moroccan hash as a kid and so I quickly learned how to make edibles to be as inconspicuous with it as possible. I knew I was enlisting since elementary school, so I needed to avoid getting caught being high. I really only smoked a handful of times. The three strains I sampled which stuck with me most were White Widow, Sour Diesel, and Blue Dream. I only recall smoking White Rhino because I remember telling my homie that “I couldn’t believe they were already copying White Widow” (not knowing both had been around for way longer than I thought).

Once I got out and started consuming, none of the flower I smoked stuck with me. Slurricane did because it made me sleepy, but that was really it. So whenever I started growing and collecting seeds, I knew I wanted to focus on older genetics, things that the old heads were smoking on. Because maybe those would me magical, and I knew I wouldn’t really have access to as time went on.

I feel like chem isn’t for me. The potency is definitely there, but I need a stronger smell and taste. I haven’t sampled any organically grown Chem hybrids, so that may help but… I personally prefer really stimulating highs, thing that get ya riled up. I know something is truly stellar if it gets me anxious. Not a lot of bud does that though.

I appreciate that man, and when I have something I can solidly stand behind; I’d for sure want you to grow it. I’m years before that point, however. For now, I’m just slowly sharpening my blade. So if you see me grow or reproduce anything that might tickle your fancy, all you need to do is ask.

Because… as not many may know… I like tickling fancies. And regardless, I would never gift seeds expecting them to be grown out in any time frame. Thems your seeds.

What are you talking about, your thread is bussin. If you tell me you have some dope seeds for me to try out, I’d gladly take them and eventually squeeze them into the cycle. Above all else, I love good weed dude. My doors always open for some good weed, and from what I see: you grow plenty of it. Thank you kindly for keeping me in mind.

15 Likes

What do you use for your compost a wooden box?

2 Likes

Wow @DirtySlowToes, got some big updates here! I wish I made a better habit of commenting more often. Dude, you got this stuff goin’ on. Seems like I usually learn a thing or two when I visit your log. And there’s always more that I can learn :grin:

Loving that fresh made hash pic from yesterday. Last time I had something looking like that it cost $50 for a gram :flushed: so I am very excited to make my own someday.

Recently I told my wife that I’d like to start composting. She got a little worried :laughing: I think she is ok with it if I start a worm bin and keep it in the garage. But her words were “As long as I can never smell it!” So we’ll see. I need to do more research to find out if a garage bin is even feasible over our winters. I’m told they don’t smell like anything other than “earthy.” Might even be able to start one without her knowing it :speak_no_evil: but I didn’t say that! (Typing it isn’t a say! :roll_eyes: right?)

@Mr.Christmas I really like the things you’re saying and the positive attitude. Agreed with @AppalachianBiscuits that it’s refreshing.
Our paths haven’t crossed much yet, but I hope that they will more often. We seem to share similar feelings regarding strain choices. Though I’ll say that I can’t match your experience!

Love this. It’s a good reminder that we are all working with nature. None of us can own the plant. We may have seeds in our possession - but one way or another, that will be temporary.

I gotta remember this one more often! Sometimes it’s too easy to get myself caught up in reactions.

If, uh, any of you ever want someone to test seeds… as in stress test them :smile: feel free to DM me. I’ll put ‘em through the wringer

13 Likes

I would kill to find something with that really ripe cantaloupe sitting on the kitchen counter kinda smell :drooling_face:

5 Likes

buss down :mirror_ball:

Look here Frank.
I like that story. Consistent moroccan would probably ‘ruin’ many a folk to the joys of modern cannabis! Really modern stuff isn’t bad. It’s just a bunch of jungle juice and that’s okay because the kids love it. I still find things I enjoy in today’s market now and again. Widow was the first plant I grew! It holds a special place for me. Can’t help what tickles your fancy. Only who.

:open_mouth:Haha that is not something I’ve heard. Funny how we all interact with the herbs. This is the first time I’ve had 91 on its own, but bodhi’s 91 x snow lotus was/is probably some of the tastiest and stinkiest weed I’ve ever grown. Perhaps a good round or a good cut, but consider me shook! Hah for me it was also a more active high but I know for many it’s heavy. Hm. If I end up with a decent plant, I have high hopes for this emperor’s haze ix. You’ll have to run a cut in the future maybe if you have space/it turns out solid :purple_heart:

Sort of. I have a 4x8 raised bed that’s split into two 4x4 areas and I just use one of those 4x4 areas. So it’s got wood on all sides and I’ll throw a tarp over it occasionally. I have just had piles before but the opossums and racoons love digging scraps out. This seems to annoy them just enough to leave it alone/deter maybe one of them.

@emeraldbullfrog hello welcome back my friend. I didn’t forget about that sunshine pollen, I just haven’t put it in a receptacle yet.

Why oh why must we pay for the mistakes of extractors! Haha hash, in my opinion, just shouldn’t cost that much. While it can be tedious, it’s not that difficult to do. Yeah yeah yeah yields and spiels. I get it, but I also don’t. Facilities do large scale extractions and charge like dude down the block doing it all himself. Hard to argue though because often times people want to pay more. That weird human thing about wanting the most expensive whatever.

See how I stopped that quote exactly where you stopped talking? Haha she shant know :poop:
They both have the potential to let off some stink but as a whole I’d say a worm bin is less smell than compost. Compost only sometimes smells the day you toss a bunch of scraps down. After a night that goes away and gets covered by that good dirt smell. And to prevent that smell entirely, you can freeze your food scraps before putting them into the pile. Accelerates the decomposing and helps with smell. Worm bins, for me, almost never smell unless I let them get soggy bottoms. The smell of a nice worm bin makes me feel like shirking all responsibilities and taking a mud bath. Note about putting worms in your pots though… every worm I’ve ever put in a pot that was less than 7 gallons ends up crawling out onto the floor. Seems 7 is the minimum size for me to keep the critters in the soil. Because of that I tend towards using the castings only and trying to sacrifice as few as possible. I’d think it would be doable in a garage! I’ve typically always had a worm bin indoors somewhere but I think a garage may work. It’s definitely worth a shot.

Hah! When the time is right and I’m confident it won’t be a waste of anyone’s time, I’ll remember this.

Ugh. Yeah. Only once for me. That was cannalope haze. I have to assume it was from DNA - not usually my choice, but who cares. And it wasn’t even flower. My friend use to make excellent oil and he didn’t even show me the flower prior, (but he did grow it) just handed me a slab of this oil and told me to try it. I don’t think I can forget how smooth and delicious it was. It was so spot on cantaloupe that I thought he had to have done something to it but he assured me he did not. I’ll be chasing that flavor for a long long time.

7 Likes

Absolutely no rush on that, dude! :v: Got a few things in mind to use it on but truthfully won’t have anything ready for a bit.

I appreciate the info on composting vs worm bins. Gives me plenty to think about. Why am I thinking about creating more work for myself? Haha

Extracts are crazy high prices at our state dispensaries. So honestly the hash prices didn’t surprise me - and they were less expensive than many other extracts. It’s something I buy for myself maybe a few times per year as a special treat. All the more reason to be excited that I’ll one day get to make my own!

6 Likes

Oh I remember. You got actual hash rather than oil. I’m a bit surprised people are selling hash, but there’s probably a market. All the bubble I’ve ever picked up from dispensaries was subpar. Though truth be told I’ve never purchased from an Ohio shop, but when I worked in the industry here I became quite familiar with how they do things. There are definitely some talented people in the industry and some products do come out stellar. The confliction for me is understanding that most of these places have whole vaults full of old, unused material that either failed tests or was smalls/broken down too far and so lots of batches are still being made from old stuff. Granted it’s been pretty well kept, but idk. Just gives me weird feelings. I’m happy to be a home grower too, man.

Here are a couple random shots from last night just to show the trichomes. Like I said previously, it’s a very seemingly even consistent layer on the SSDD. My plans were not to hash this plant but it’s got weeks to go and I’m fickle. The answers are unwritten. Also included is eternal sunshine female #2(non blood) showing some serious stem trichomes. Luckily, it seems the blood mom leans Hawaiian and the other leans omg. Omg leaner wants to make a long running cola. Blood Mom has more branches and wider gaps between noogats. few more pistils on the blood mom, few more trichomes on Mom #2.

Blurry. I’ll take another this evening and edit this to replace this one, but I did want to show pheno #4 of TS x SSDD. Roughly two weeks left. Has just started chunking up.

Enjoy the day, gang.

14 Likes

It took me like 6 months and 8 failed purchases to find decent hash. It’s black market.

6 Likes

I’d imagine so with where you shop :triumph:

Heh really though you’d think it’d be easy for facilities to make good hash. It seems if they can’t throw money at a machine to do it for them, it’s a very slow process. Likely because they don’t love paying the folks with the experience. I’ve had plenty of pretty decent solvent based extracts but the solventless is usually a bust. $80/g rosin hurts my head but no judgement here. I’ve spent money on plenty of things that were definitely not worth it. Still funny how many people I say hash to and they question what it is and how it’s made. It’s weird when a ton of consumers know too much and so many know not enough. It’s probably a hard job to attract everyone’s attention. Man I hope there are potatoes in my mail box today.

Here are plants.

Purple lemon Thai x lucky lime females. Deux. Potentially a third but it’s taking it’s time. Cut their food back slightly, topped and pulled large fans. They were just growing a touch too fast. :arrow_heading_down:

Goji ghash x unicorn poop :arrow_heading_down: pretty pumped on flowering her for actual smoke this time. I get down with this plant.

Bonus shot of some variegation on tsxssdd #1 :arrow_heading_down:

20 Likes

I pulled some out and smoked it in a pipe in front of some of the uninitiated and they looked at me like I was smoking crack.

Some people just don’t know.

7 Likes

That price is nuts!
… No worries… I’ve got plenty of ‘judgement’ to go around… :vulcan_salute: :laughing:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Gpaw coming in to drop the hammer! :hammer_and_pick: I appreciate the appearance. Haha and rage approval. Sometimes it’s nice to blame you for getting me going. Heh

I don’t know. I’m enjoying seeing everything in different phases and continuing to get to know how to kill plants. Plants are growing guys and gals and everyone else. Grow some plants.

Veg tent is slightly more mature and put together.

Round three of pheno #1. Think I’m getting the hang on how she likes to mange.

Continuing with the #1 vs #3 shots with some bonus maze. Seems #1 stretches more than I thought did. Continuing upward growth into week 4.5-5 of flower…lessons to learn. Probably easily 3x stretch…I’ll actually measure next round. That is doable. :arrow_heading_down:

Here’s some more up close maze because at 20 weeks of flowering, you’re going to see a lot of pictures.

Something I’ve had my mind on lately is defoliating the top heavier and leaving the bottom a bit leafier. Is there really more usable light being sent to the lower bud sites or do the bud sites appreciate the extra spots(leaf) to absorb what light gets down there? Do you want light to shine through your canopy or do you like your canopy to stop it?

Pops.

Eternal Sunshine blood mom being a needy, hungry, attitude-y Judy. Along with the rest of the torture crew.

Blood mom with a dad leg

Goji ghash x unicorn poop(seed tent)

Alright. That’s probably enough for now. Keep it up gang

19 Likes