Lonely's Micro Garden

I love,love,LOVE the idea,It Is similar to something I thought months ago,but I m Coco based and It Is a different Beast from Roots without medium,Coco has its rules and I have to learn dwc style before Building something.
Basically you want a sort of kratky Hybrid system that gets water moving around and blocks light to the roots.

For the design,I would use a 3d printed 2 parts black lid with some funnel that like a netpot reach the water/let roots grow into water.
Then use something to signal the water level like the octopots do.

Your idea Is very cool, I 'll pull a chair :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Andrexl Thank you for the kind words. :pray:t2:

Oh, that’s a great idea. I would say that both Kratky and DWC is the most noob friendly hydro systems out there. When people get trouble with those systems it’s either poor climate control or bad water source 99% of the times. You should try it, just get an airstone and a bucket with a lid and put a net pot in it. What I like the most with DWC style systems are the set it, forget it type of deal.

Do you think you can paint a simple picture of how you imagine your system?

In my experience, ebb and flow is the best system I’ve tried for coco. Especially if you time it so that the coco get just a tad bit too dry, when flood the bed. I would love going coco again but the coir I’ve tried here in Sweden sucks, really sucks. So I’ve always ordered from Amazon Germany.

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

I’ll draw something in a paper sheet and post later my idea.

Thank you for the kind words,your kindness and the seeds you wanted to gift.

As far as Coco,you should get canna Coco pro plus,It Is buffered and really High quality.A chance you can get It there?

2 Likes

Yes, we do actually! If this setup turns shit I’ll be on the coco wagon and give this a try. Thank you :pray:t2:

Please do, I think I understand what you want to achieve with your idea!

3 Likes

So,imagine this in 3d:
With a 2 parts lid you can Just move away One part and check the reservoir.
But when the plant gets bigger the lid can’t be opened so the water indicator and the water refill pipe come in handy.
Lids stop light in the space between the squares and the width of the cuts are Just as tight to fit those pots.

What I thought could be a good system Is Little Square pots that run through the rez and let the roots hot the water,with the right size the Grodan cubes Just fits in without letting any light get through.

You can easily pass every cable for the pumps through the water inlet pipe and Just cover It to block light.

You can set the hole for water indicator as tight as possible and don’t let any light in.
Also,It Is possible to put as many holes and pots as you Need.

Squared pots have full access yo water because they have holes all around but lower to block every possible light

3 Likes

@Andrexl Fantastic drawing my friend! I understand perfectly what you are after. I’m getting inspired of doing something like this for my 45x45 cm tent and solo cups instead. The best way to do it would be to have a wick, like an octopot and also letting the roots expand into the water. This would make it enable to have a organic hydro hybrid with the exact system you just draw.

You’re smart my friend, I’ll holla at you when I’m starting to build this tent!

1 Like

Here is an update on the flowering tent after some super cropping.
My clones that is flowering(Shishkeberry #3 F1 S1 and Headband S1) have both started to throw stigmas already, they love the new environment!
My Ghost OG S1, TK S1 and Wedding Cake S1 all have started to stretch and I hope that the super cropping start to stun them into place.
I’ve also tried to spread out the bud sites over the whole space without a net(need to get one!), we’ll see how effective it is.

This is a pic of my current seedlings, plus clone boxes.
From rows left to right is:
Amnesia Core cut S1 x C4DDD
M29 Afghani-Malawi
GDP F2
GDP F2
Dragon Drip(Swazi Dragon S2 x C4DDD)
Dragon Drip (Swazi Dragon S2 x C4DDD)

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Hi, I’m back with more seed popping! Wiiiie! It’s my favorite part of growing tbh! :sweat_smile:

Today I’m going to pop three cultivars which have the potential to be what I search for, chemy type sativa hybrid with other terps mixed in.

• Berry Moose - F1 - reg (Berry Nice Plants (Cerise Bx1) x Moose and Lobsta F1)
• Lemon Moose - F1 - reg ((Super Silver Haze '96 x Lemon Thai F1) x Moose And Lobsta) - Both bred by @Prisma and bought at his auction for @santero wife.
• Sour Lemon OGEE - F2 - reg - Bred by our own @JAWS and got it as a freebie from @Ris shop.

Let’s see what I get out of these wonderful genetics and thank you so much to the breeders, you’re the best!

13 Likes

hey cool, both of those prisma have some of my lines in there.
he is clever to go for the santa maria bx, this one is really nice.
his gear is very promising and @JAWS gear never dissapoints.
i’m eager to see how all of these do for you, my friend :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah, both lines are sativa heavy and I’m sure they will have a fantastic smoke. Same with the Sour Lemon Ogee! My plan is to use these in a cross with a cultivar I’m working on atm which I prematurely call Brain Blaster. It’s (Amnesia Core cut S1 x Headband S1) x (Amnesia Core cut S1 x C4DDD F1), I got both parts of the cross tried and ready. Just needs to do the final crossing and then I need to test the outcome. But both parts are fantastic with a daytime high in 9 weeks. I’m very happy with the results and it’s terp profile are complex. I think the lines that I’ve started will improve the quality even further!

6 Likes

Hi, I got some update of my current grow.

Day 25 of flowering:
Atm I’m struggling with very happy plants that’s just stretching and stretching! They where too big when I flipped so I have to suite my self, but I’m definitely looking forward for my second flowering tent to be good to go.

The first herm of this batch of flowers, and of course it’s cookie genetics… Not surprised! Matter of fact it’s my Wedding Cake S1 #03. It’s not my favorite based on grow traits, so I’m happy to cull this one.

I’ve also started two new plants into flowering, Ghost OG S1 pheno #01 and another Headband S1 clone. I thinned out the jungle and super crop the highest branches to keep them from burning against the light.

The flowering feed is:
Silicate 2.8g
Calmag 7g
Bloom 10g
For 7 liters of water

My veg area is also pretty overgrown and next weekend I plan to completly finish and remake this locker and tent.

I got a lot of new seeds, but also cuts going in my nursery and it’s working out great, especially when I bumped the light intensity from 45% to 80%. The lights is 2 Ikea smart ceiling lights that I picked apart, they are specced as 20w each. It’s really overgrown, buy I’ll wait until next week to thin it out and place some plants in the veg tent since I plan to start a couple of plants that’s currently in veg.

That is a small update of my current state and next week is also when I’ll get some C4DDD pollen from the freezer to pollinate the Ghost OGs, Triangle Kush’s and Wedding Cake.

15 Likes

I got some amazing news, but first update on the state of my grow. 🫣

I had quite a few seeds who didn’t want to pop so I’ll look over my seed popping routine for a higher success rate.

But considering the circumstances I’m happy with how everything is doing and I think that it’s possible to bumb the lights in the nursery to full effect.

I need to fix the veg area so that it got it’s own carbon filter, atm the plants in veg really stinks. A new addition to the veg area are 6 Granddaddy Purple F2s which was made by one of my favorite breeders @KropDuster.

A new addition to the setup is a project that I will be working on this week when I got spare time. It’s my third closet tent which is going to be the progeny test area, but for now, it’s another veg tent.

I’m going to switch out the lights for the same setup I have in other tents.

Last but not least, I’ve put more plants into flowering and it’s full to the brim. I kinda had to because the plants started to become too big to handle for my little space. I’ve not had the time and energy that I hoped for to finish the cabinets in time, so that one is on me. But all plants in flowering is cloned and I just need to test smoke then, it is what it is.

Here is a full list of everything I got going atm:
Seedlings:
• Dragon Drip
• M29 Afghani-Malawi
• Chem Core - Amnesia Core cut S1 x C4DDD
• Lemon Moose - F1 - reg ((Super Silver Haze '96 x Lemon Thai F1) x Moose And Lobsta)
• Berry Moose - F1 - reg (Berry Nice Plants (Cerise Bx1) x Moose and Lobsta F1)

Veg:
• The Pedigree
• Orange Grove
• Headband S1 x Amnesia Core cut F1
• Bangi Haze
• Chocolate Thainapple
• Britney
• Moonshines ghost train
• Granddaddy Purple F2

Flowering:
• Wedding Cake S1
• Triangle Kush S1
• Ghost OG S1
• Killer Orange
• Tangerine Somali
• Headband S1
• Shishkeberry #3 S1

Now for the awesome news! A bird from none other then @Swe-can is on it’s way with some pollen! That’s why there is no pollination this week. The pollen is Guerilla Fume!!! It’s going straight on the Ghost and Triangle S1s I got :metal:t2::100::metal:t2::100::metal:t2::100::metal:t2::100::metal:t2:

Hope you all are having a awesome next week and see you again soon!

18 Likes

Nice! Those should be killer crosses! Awesome

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, now all I have to hope for is that the pollen is still viable at arrival! Fingers crossed! If everything goes as plan, which it rarely does. There will be seeds from this, up for grabs for the community 🫣

6 Likes

Prodigious work Lonely! :+1: :+1:

It’s so cool to see you putting all your knowledge and experience to good purpose.

Keep er rollin Brother.
-Grouchy

3 Likes

@GrouchyOldMan Wow, thank you! It really means a lot :pray:t2:

BTW, do you got any current grow diary going that I can follow?

So nice of you to say, but I keep learning new stuff about cannabis every day on OG. Our collective knowledge is the power of this community and if we all keep pulling our straws to the stack, we all will continue to evolve our grows and projects! So I’m just like any ant :wink::metal:t2:

Hope you have an amazing day my friend :100:

5 Likes

An little update of the current progress.

• Yesterday I finished the pollination of the Guerilla Fume pollen i received from @Swe-can. My Ghost OG S1 #3 got one whole branch pollinated, Ghost OG S1 #2 got the whole bush pollinated, Triangel Kush #1 - 3 got one whole branch each pollinated. Why the Ghost OG S1 #2 got it’s whole bush pollinated is because it’s the only one of the OG/Kush plants who got that deep Chem smell. I think this pheno will be the best one of the bunch.

• The Britney(Chocolate Thai x (Terperella x ChemValley Cooks)) plants I got finally showed sex and I got 2 males and 2 females. There is 3 pheno types of these bunch. Nr #3 and #4 are pheno 2 and this one is undesirable since I rather stick to the extremes of the spectrum for this project, so I culled them. Plant Nr #1 is a male and is of the pheno 3 and plant Nr #2 is a female is pheno 1.

1. Thin leafs, lemon leaf rub, lemon stem run.
  2. Medium leaf to broad leafs, kush leaf rub, lemon stem rub.
  3. Broad leaf, kush leaf rub, Chem stem rub.

These are the culled plants, one female and one male.

These are the two I saved, Chem male to the left and Thai female to the right.

16 Likes

@Swe-can i can already see that the pollen is active and well! All pollinated bud of Ghost OG and TK with guerilla fume is showing signs of stigmas wilting. I’m very happy with the result so far!

8 Likes

Looks awesome @LonelyOC :sunglasses::+1::grin:

3 Likes

Thank you so much my friend :pray:t2:

2 Likes