Lonely's Micro Garden

Sup, this is going to be my corner on the interweb where I’ll share my garden. Tbh, it’s been a struggle from the get go, I wanted a custom grow cabin and ended up with disaster after disaster. Got it handled and sable but it got me thinking of doing something else for the setup and that’s when I found undrcovrlab and I instantly knew what I wanted to build. This is major progress and I finally start to have a setup where I can get seeds done while selecting as the same time.

With three flowering tents in the row I’ll finally have exactly what I need to get thing going.

This is my veg and mother area while I wait for the new carbon filters and fans.

This is going to be my clone/seedling area and I’ll have 2x20w IKEA Stoftmoln lamps that’s smart and got a dimmer function so I can regulate the light on both sides of the nursery.

This is where I’ll either get pollen from males I separate or test larger plants.

I’ll keep updating this thread with my continued endeavours. :grin:

Pz fam :v:t2:

60 Likes

Shishkeberry F1 S1
This is a plant I found from 10 fem seeds I got from an very old friend from Edmonton CA. He got the clone from his father and it’s supposedly an F1 found in the very first seeds breeder Steve released. I knew this plant would be something special by the unusual vigorous root growth, about 4 times the growth then the peers. This makes her very easy to clone and grow. I got three clones of her atm in veg.

The smoke from her is mellow with an strong euphoria and good stress relieving capability, an refined Blueberry high.
She’s a wonderful plant and are ups for grab if you live in EU area as long as I got her, I’m happy to share her to anyone.

Pz :v:t2:

37 Likes

That system looks really sick broo!!!
I can see you put your time and effort to make this system haha
Really love it

If it’s fine, can I ask the size of that shorter tents?

3 Likes

That is some connoisseur stuff
Flavor on grapefuit side and high like blueberry euphoria?:star_struck:

3 Likes

It’s peach candy smell going from sour to sweeter the longer you cure. Her buds doesn’t look that impressive, but don’t judge a book by its cover.

This is the grow tent I got https://undrcovrlab.com/product/undrcovrlab-xs-mini-stealth-grow-box-grow-tent-55x32x115cm/

Pz :+1:t2:

7 Likes

It’s a vent out the back of the closet, still waiting for carbon filters. It’s sucking from inside which is a front to back ventilation.

4 Likes

Very cool setup

3 Likes

Phew peach candy sounds really nice honestly

And thanks for the link!
Was looking for some small tents​:100::100:

3 Likes

Very cool @LonelyOC ive been looking at/for a couple little clone/seedling tents. These look great. Love the idea! Looking forward to seeing this progress! That Shiskaberry is a gem for sure! Awesome, and much respect for getting her out there

3 Likes

Nice setup @LonelyOC,
Looking forward to watching your progress. I have long admired your approach and knowledge.

-Grouchy

4 Likes

@GrouchyOldMan Wow, thank you. It means so much that’s coming from you. :pray:t2:

Coming up next is a BC Grapefruit seed increase, plus my three Shishkeberry #3 clones. So Shishkefruit #3 is going to be born :drooling_face:

7 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 i think they are great if you need something stealthy. But there are better micro tents out there then these if you can have what ever.

My seedlings are coming along nicely and it’s time to transplant them to the veg area and they will grow quickly. The final count is(from left to right):
3 Triangle Kush S1
3 Ghost OG S1
1 Tahoe OG reg
4 Wedding Cake S1
5 Orange Grove(Tangie x California Orange)
1 Tangerine Somali
3 Killer Orange
2 The Pedigree

So I got more room for popping some seeds today! :grin:
10 Caramelicious fem(these are a discontinued line which I want to seed increase in some shape or another and share with OG).
6 Lemon Thai S1 from verdant green, mother is from Bodhi’s repro.
7 Britney worst branding and packaging ever, but it’s a Chocolate Thai cross so I think it’s gonna rock my socks off.
15 Chocolate Thaiapple, this is just a Chocolate Thai, Triangle Kush and Chem D madness which is think is going to be quite epic.

Also popping some random freebies,
1 Moonshine’s Ghost Train
1 Blueberry Headband
1 Apple OG
1 Mighy Grape
1 Mango Lassi

17 Likes

Everything sounds great, and I wholeheartedly agree on the branding there lol . Gonna be watching the Thai stuff closely as I’ve been looking for a real good Thai in fact, after further examination I get what you are saying , these have a specific purpose and honestly I think it’s genius with the wardrobes etc. and stealth so cool. Have fun my friend :facepunch:t2:

5 Likes

Been awhile and I haven’t built that much on this. My life have been in the way, but I’m on a better trajectory now. So here’s a small update on my current condition in the garden.

To the left we got two rows with @KropDuster reproduction of GDP, I only had 1 seed that didn’t pop!
To the right we got two rows(9 seeds in total) of my own Dragon Drip(Swazi Dragon S2 x C4DDD(pretty much a Chem D Bx3)).

The clone box is full of TK and Ghost cones, waiting to root.

9 Likes

Another update. Finalising the first cabin, here’s some pics of how I’m doing :relaxed:

The black box in a light trap I’ve made and 3D printed. I’ve tried to arrange the cables a bit and I’ve kept the power adapter for the light on the outside.

I’ve printed a PC Fan grill so that the seedling won’t get shredded if they get too close.

This is how the cabin looks inside. It’s simple and I use smart switches for the cables so I can control the cabin without pulling out the tent.

Too be continued…

13 Likes

That’s coming along nicely… :+1:

I’ve been ‘playing’ with the mounting of my LED drivers.
Thermally the best orientation is long axis vertical and use 6 mm (1/4") spacers, so there is some airflow up the back.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

@Gpaw Oh, thank you. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: I’ll use that for my next cabin! I could easily use the 3D printer to make some custom spacers for the power supply.

This is the hardest I’ve ever tried to build something nice for weed. I’ve always been one of those dudes who have bought everything ready.:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Got some update with a hydro system i came up with… It probably already exist and have been tried out. But I’ve never seen something like this before. The idea is quite simple, I need a hydro that got a low height and are able to keep the water constantly agitated, enough to ariate the water.

The idea is to have a stream of water that the roots can live in DWC style. Problem with running an airstone is the noise and there by its not stealthy enough. With submerged pumps the noise levels are low enough.

This is the Alpha version of it, I’m still working on the design of the wagons that the cubes will sit in. I will also make some lids so I can block the light for the roots.

What do you think guys, have you tried something like this?

9 Likes

Roots are not affected by light , only low humidity : )
I use clear cups ( bottom feeding ) as long as you not over feeding , algae is not an issue : ) so no need to place clear cup inside a coloured one
I’m flood and drain cuz the noise from dwc is too noticeable especially in dead of night , a small radio playing will disguise any noise if friend or family come around
: )

3 Likes

Actually roots that are exposed to light will stress the plant and the exposed roots will have issues with root hair development. Also the roots will experience Phytochrome influence which are a type of photoreceptor, they detect red and far-red light. This will lead a cascade of molecular events that can affect root growth and development. Also roots exposed to light will disturb the plants own circadian rhythms and this might lead to longer flowering times and further stress. :sweat_smile:

There’s also an reaction called photomorphogenesis, this is how different light(red to blue) effect the plants cycles. Exposured roots can trigger specific molecular changes that influence the growth and development and it can stun the plant further.

I know that i will get buds with current setup, but I’m looking for dailing in the system as much as possible. It will be a lot of trial and error until I get the perfect system, but I’m getting there :metal:t2:

7 Likes