Looking for Blueberry. What are your fav Blueberry smokes?

Hi OGers,

I’m looking for Blueberry seeds to hunt after this summer.
But I need awesome OGers’ help to select seedlings and also your opinions about Blueberry strains!
Had any interesting Blueberry strains, you’ve tried?
or was every Blueberry you’ve tried wasn’t fascinating?
Let me hear your experiences!

For those, who can recommend me seedlings

1. I’m looking for short and compact extremely tasty blueberry strains
  2. Any pure legit DJ’s Blueberry
  3. Any legit reproduction of DJ’s Blueberry (such as Joey Weed’s Blueberry)

Currently, collected only two seedlings.

• Blueberry sativa (pure Blueberry)
  • Blueberry Heaven (Blueberry x Killa queen/NYCD)

Blueberry Heaven by Sannie

26 Likes

Dj shorts has a blueberry muffin pheno, I just went through a few zips of that deliciousness

6 Likes

Here is another thread with a list of blueberry strain reviews. Not sure it’s exactly what your looking for, but lots of great strains and recommendations on here.

6 Likes

Blueberry muffin sounds tasty!!! Was it from Blueberry F5 or Blueberry? I checked DJ had two different lines and Blueberry seems to be a limited release and F5 is currently being sold

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check here as well!

1 Like

@Alaskagrown is doing some major blueberry searching.

3 Likes

I was just told dj short blueberry muffin cut, that’s all the info I have.

2 Likes

For straight blueberry, the jordan of the islands selection is really good. Best is probably dutch passion, as they work with og dj short stock from the early 90s, so it is fire.

For crosses, i have had blue widow and blue amnesia haze cuts from joti that had a good bit of blueberry smell in the mix

5 Likes

Thanks!! gotta check out JOTI’s one

1 Like

Yea he has a whole blue cross collection, so there are tons of options on his site.

But really for straight blueberry, durch passion is really good

2 Likes

For sure gotta try Dutch passion as well
Contacted them today, and get to know their BB isn’t exact same stock as 90’s but they used original Dj’s pack they had to make this BB line!
For sure am trying them out!!

1 Like

AK Bean Brains Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry is a great place to look. Pretty cheap too!

8 Likes

His is interesting because he says his vintage blueberry isnt connected to any of dj shorts stuff.

4 Likes

I’m kind of a Blueberry fanatic…definitely in my top three of all time smoke!!

Unfortunately I’ve been searching for almost 25 years trying to track down what I used to get here in Alaska around the mid 90’s…to this day I’ve yet to find anything even close to what I used to get…not even close!!

What was around here was light green in color, round dense nuggets completely covered in trichomes and reeking of the most intense sweet Blueberry I’ve ever experienced…and by a long shot! This smoke was so insanely tasty that I’d smoke it even if it didn’t get you high…oh but it got you absolutely RIPPED!! Lol

This smoke was one of those rare strains that has a amazing taste right down to the ash…SO GOOD…Pure sweet Blueberry with no earthiness, musk, hash….just pure sweet amazing Blueberry!!

So, over the course of almost two decades I’ve tried many many different Blueberry, DJ Short included and have been…well let just say very disappointed! :frowning:

To this day I’ve collected a large Blueberry collection to go through hoping to find what I’ve been looking for…

This list includes….

AK BEAN BRAINS

907 Blue Genes(Goosebay Blueberry x Vintage BB)
Vintage Blueberry (70’s AK before DJ Short)
Fast Vintage Blueberry
Blueberry Muffin x Vintage BB
Blueberry Indica
Blueberry Cream
“90’s AK” Blueberry

PEAK Seeds Blueberry
PEAK Seeds Kush Berry x Blueberry

JOTI Pure Blueberry
JOTI Blueberry

Arctic Blue clone (local AK strain) Blue Magoo x Vintage BB ((I think))

Lemon Hoko Blueberry BX3 x BB Muffin/Vintage BB @buckaroobonsai

Blueberry Muffin x Vintage BB F2 @buckaroobonsai

Blueberry Sativa (Eskobar)

Blueberry Heaven(Sannie)

The list keeps growing…as of now I’ve collected probably close to 1000+ seeds and 15+ stains and growing…

If this doesn’t pan out I give up as will have completely exhausted ALL resources!

The thing is with Blueberry inbreed lines is instability and insane phenotypical variations that I’ve never seen before in any other genetic line!!(This is very well documented) It would seem Blueberry hybrids have a higher percentage of Blueberry phenotypes than pure lines do….so much work head!!

Then there’s my Blueberry Auto line….work in progress and will take the best of the Photo Blueberry and breed into the Auto for a hopefully superior seed line!

I also have a Huckleberry project containing original Dynasty Seeds Mt Hood Huckleberry F1’s(To my knowledge the only one in existence) and Oregon Huckleberry F2/3 preservation run from Overgrow via @DougDawson

And….Shishkaberry preservation run in the works via seeds from @ShiskaberrySavior that will happen this years as well…

Time will tell all truths!

Alaskagrown

28 Likes

this man is on a mission… from god. and i’m here for it!

you might not ultimately find your blueberry g.o.a.t., but i’m sure in your journeys you’ll discover many gems that will bring joy to others.

1 Like

I ran Dutch passion blueberry and I think that one sucks… don’t waste your time :-1: maybe it was good 20 years ago.

5 Likes

Thanks for the input! For sure was about to go Vintage BB from them but gotta check out Blueberry muffin x as well.
Was it easy to find blueberry muffin flavour or blueberry flavour?

Damn, that doesn’t sound good. Always heard their genetic got shitted since several years ago but maybe i’ll give a shot on single pack for just in case :rofl:

Oh, so vintage Bluberry is not selection/reproduction of Dj’s gear? But his own line?

I remember this lady asking my wife to bring her back some of those blueberries muffins that she was eating…. That was when I used to grow Dutch passions blue automazar
To me it had more of a gassy mixed berry smell.
But that ole lady who didn’t smoke smelled blueberry muffins.
When I grew fastbuds gorilla cookies, it had a blueberry muffin smell to me. I cured our to a very candy-ish flavor with lots of gassy undertones.

1 Like