Looking for Cali O (ae77) again

Hey dudes,

Hate to be that guy and make one of these posts but I’m in a shitty situation.

About a year ago, I decided I wanted to try and recreate one of my favorite strains from when I was a teenager. Orange crush.

While I want to recreate it, I want to put my own spin on it. But one thing needs to stay the same. The ae77 cut.

I gave up looking for the cut
a while back and ended up with s1s from csi Humboldt. They have been great up to this point then boom, we have a massive storm in the Houston area and I’ve been without power since last Thursday. 90+ degree weather with 90% RH and no air movement has left my flower run basically done for.

I’ve lost the Cali o cuts I took of the plants I was running and specifically the one I had selected for that beautiful orange scent I remember from back in the day. So I’m back to square one and I’m really not wanting to buy another whole pack of Cali o s1s.

So here I am, grow lost from a power outage and ready to start over. But please please guys, does anyone have the ae cut? Does anyone know where I can get this. I’ve got tons of seeds of my own work that I’d love to share if anyone is willing to help me out here.

I know if there’s a chance of me finding it, it’s here on OG.

I’m technically new to the forum, but I’ve been around for years, you dudes are some of the best out there.

I’m mentally and physically destroyed from this storm and power outage situation, someone please brighten my day with some hope on the ae cut. I’m so bummed about all I lost to this storm already.

I get that it’s not likely to find the ae77 cut around anymore, I’m considering agent orange, bag of oranges, or possibly Tangie as a reasonable substitute for my project.

Of course when I do start working on this project I’m happy to share as well.

9 Likes

I know pnw had it and some dudes got it off him.

Can’t really recall a specific person to recommend.

I will say though, Cali o is kinda midsy and you might be better off trading for some bag of oranges seeds if possible.

Let me know if you can’t find some, my friend reproduced it. I can try and ask as a last resort because I know a lot of people hit him up personally.

3 Likes

A legit tangie or mimosa cut would be a win also, but that’s just my humble opinion. Cali o was great for its time and an all around decent plant. But it’s not exactly the plant I would recommend.

4 Likes

Let’s reinforce this quest then ^^ Same shit.

It’s all i got that is genuine for now, but it’s chewing my balls to handle the extra work of a S1. I prefer by far a cut.

I saw this, this one wasn’t restricted to Bellaire as usual … everybody took badly. Still want to relocate there ^^
Keep the vibes high, it’s a good opportunity to restart better.

You rox ^^

Can’t compare with BOO, but i can with Agent Orange (lol) and most of its derivatives.

Midsy for someone used to smoke daily heavy narcotic stones. But in term of mood enhancer and muscle decontraction, it’s quite good for someone used to a richer spectrum (appreciating highs of all type) ^^

The cut is to avoid if nothing is planned or if it’s not a nostalgia thing. I can’t honestly say it’s a competitive weed in 2024, and you’re right it’s important to say to avoid stupid rushs on the cut lol

I’m shared. I find sad that next gens growers have no clue what it is. Well, even a simple skunk shape sometimes also ^^ I personally recommend for the culture, not the weed.

Still possible with patience to make things that kick ass with this lady ^^

10 Likes

@Fuel did you see for the other parent, he might need to visit archive Portland? Lol

It’s the blueberry everyone wants :rofl:

2 Likes

You’re a fucking deamon lmao Blue is another legacy i want to bring back the shine ^^

1 Like

Shine is good

Never had that quality blueberry everybody talks about though. Some okay stuff. All feedback on most seed lines are “the old school high isnt there” or “it’s not the right terps”

People tend to gravitate towards dj short, and I always say

Flo f4 or before
Blueberry f3 or before

General rule if you want the old stuff

3 Likes

Lets digress ^^

I’m from the F2-F5 generation stoners, and the subject is really shitty to treat openly. Short have an aura also, very active on promotional presence.

Even in F2, where the intensity was (imho) the best … it wasn’t one pack/one keeper to breed. The line was raw as fuck, full of herms and non-viable mutants but for a weed that was enough singular at this time to pay this price. Sagar and DP understood it faster than Short ^^

On the Blueberry terps, for me it was never it’s greatest quality but the high. Idk an old Blackberry (that don’t taste like the name as usual lol) is twice better for this. The double purple doja or the purple urkle also, even more potent.

Let’s kill this CaliO first, easier ^^

3 Likes

Blackberry kush… top 30 smokes I’ve had

Wild, yes. I have seen this myself with the blueberry sativa

3 Likes

Where is this potent blackberry. Like the ae77, every single blackberry anything I’ve ever had, has always been mids.

3 Likes

I don’t know, and I haven’t had straight blackberry. This was the kush hybrid and kush is awesome.

1 Like

I think nirvana sells a strain called Cali Orange, not sure if it’s the one ur after but they are very cheap with their seeds.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not really the same thing. Good eye though.

2 Likes

I tried at least lol ILGM has it as well I think but again not sure if it’s the one either

No i was wrong there’s is called orange bud.

1 Like

ILGM will sell anything you are looking for :wink:

Doesn’t mean you got what you were looking for

5 Likes

California Orange is the same thing. Ae77 is just a cut of that. Albert Walker also is quite sought after. I have probably 10 or more cali-o crosses. You can buy mimosa beans for 15 from

I find it best in crosses where it brings out the shine and not the heavy.

The clone is known to be “dudded” out.

3 Likes

I agree man, she’s mids at best, but orange crush is just something I’ve had in my sights for a long time. These s1s were proof to me that she’s mids, but they do smell amazing.

At this point I’m absolutely considering other options including agent orange and bag of oranges. Just gotta find those too lol. For whatever reason I always pick the stuff that’s hard to find to obsess over lol.

3 Likes

Fully aware ae77 is a cut of Cali o. It’s THE cut that was used in the original orange crush. That’s the only reason I’m looking for it

2 Likes

I would never buy from Ilgm lol, I completely agree with you here

2 Likes

The blueberry part is where I’m going to be putting my own spin on this. I’m not looking for that particular blueberry for this project luckily lol.

2 Likes