Original Cali orange from early 90s

12 Likes

9 Likes

That’s an “OPP Cali Orange” according to the rap scene back in the day! Fo sho!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Uh Oh! We got some bondage bud. Things are getting crazy.

3 Likes

she would have snapped had i not done that

2 Likes

I like having those good problems.:grin:

2 Likes

New batch of Cali Orange

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Looking good, Cali O…

Would this be like the one you have Mr. @Baudelaire?

1 Like

Likely, but hard to say just with bud shots. Cali-O was widely traded around back in the day. It became a kind of “reference bud” to judge all the rest against. I like to think of it as an improved Skunk #1, improved mainly in the taste department. Straight Sk1 tended to have a grassy flavor that was a bit too vegetal for my liking. CO brought limonene to the party.

-b420

3 Likes

Thanks kind sir. Always good to hear inside and old gossip about the origins of one’s herb!

Well I’ll tell you it taste like I took Orange zest an put it in my bowl she even smells like a damn Orange tree when I got the bud that’s what it was so I know full heartedly that’s what it is

2 Likes

@Justin where did you get your cut? or did you source it as seed? Bud structure looks dead-on, orange taste/smell is true to form. What’s the maturation period under 12/12?

-b420

1 Like

It’s seeds from when I was a kid back in the 90s and I saved them to grow later when I New how well she’s right now 5 weeks in the last time I grew it I didn’t keep track like I am now i had let them tell me whrn they were done witb tricombs s I believe it is an indica dom with sone sativa traits these are not tested seeds but every time i grew i never had any issues this time I had a higher male ratio to female but my female is taking the entire tent up 4x4x6 she has lights maxed under a 600 hortilux air cooled hood I run a fan that oscillate 360° and an a.c with a veg of 400 mh/conversation lamp all in a dwc drip system

1 Like

Sounds like a monster! If from seed you likely have a Dutch version, typically a cross back to Skunk #1, or possibly Northern Lights (which might explain the indica-dominant traits). The Fleur du Mal Cali-O is sourced from seed stock created in the mid-1990s by Homegrown Fantaseeds, a small Dutch breeder and coffee shop operator that I’ve found to be a conscientious curator of early to mid-90s era strains. FDM’s CO tends to lean slightly toward the sativa side, taking 9-10 weeks in flower, owing to it’s Skunk #1 father. All in all a very balanced indy-sat hybrid.

-b420

6 Likes

1 Like