Looking for cheap autos for next seasons guerilla

If your talking native soils that have never been touched by humans highly highly probable that the soil is ok to plant in without any intervention… look for good organic matter in the tip few inches should be black and easy to dig down to 10” or so.

1 Like

I tried this this year and had bad results. the ground is really hard/clay like a few inches down where I’m looking so was thinking it would be a better idea to have a decent ish soil made up. Dig a hole and get them settled over winter? I know nothing about organics really.

I know where to find darker/richer soils but they’re all near well trodden paths and shaded by too many trees. These spots are well out the way. Open enough to get decent light and far enough to not be spotted.

Ran out of likes looking through your thread before btw

1 Like

Here @Stickyjones , this is a link to a great website , check it out , other valuable info too on there : )

2 Likes

Your welcome mate. Just keep us updated when the time comes and you get them in the dirt :+1:

1 Like

I just use guano both as a dry topping and guano teas sunleaves used to sell a little box called the international house of guano would be perfect for a little outdoor garden I think that box is bout 20 bucks…my parents used to use chicken shit they would treat the area they were gonna use the next year with it so it would have time to break down and not be so acidic…I’m sure there are a million different options but I prefer the simple organic methods perfected by our ancestors after all we wouldn’t be here today if they couldn’t raise a crop

3 Likes

I’ve got a tub of guano under the sink (guanokalong) definitely there for if I need it but the KNF is as much a quest for knowledge than anything else. What happens if shit goes tits up in the world and all we have is what we got? Better to know how to use what’s readily available is my thinking

3 Likes

The soil where I live is red clay It just gets tilled up, with this year being my first with a card I can’t wait for spring time planting

2 Likes

@ifish that video on imo was realy eye opening. A lot of people, including myself, spend a bunch of money on beneficials when we could easily just grow our own. I really love the comcept and am gonna habe to apply it next year

4 Likes

Cheers @ifish Ill put them together this evening :grin: get them out over the weekend with any luck

2 Likes

@Stickyjones don’t forget to check out the rest of that site , some good info on there : )
@anon58740919 that was quick Lol can’t wait to see them built , loaded with rice and ready to rock : )

2 Likes

Gonna gorilla glue the edges. Looks a lot better than screws. They’ll be done in no time. Still won’t be out till weekend though

2 Likes

Nice one , lookin good : )

1 Like

I couldn’t find my gorilla glue and couldn’t be arsed getting any but I’ve got some wood glue that will do the job nicely :+1: me and my boy are gonna pick a spot each up in the moors somewhere with a bit of woodland

2 Likes

In most cases, it’ll do the job better. You are gluing wood, after all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regarding auto seeds for next season - have you considered making some? Seems like you want/need quantity and the cheapest way to do that, by far, is a seed run.

3 Likes

Aye wood glue is alright but might not stand up to the weather although it should remain covered from rain anyway.

In regards to a seed run. I don’t really have the space available to dedicate for running seeds right now. Unless I could kinda bonsai and hit with intravenous silver nitrate like I’ve seen a few good folks here do. I’m not a breeder mate. Not by any stretch :joy::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Neither am I, mate. Not by a long shot. However, selectively pollinating a branch and harvesting 100 seeds is child’s play - and requires no extra room whatsoever.

2 Likes

What’s the method for breeding autos though. Is it a case of finding a ruderalis male and hitting a female with the pollen? Or can you S1 an auto and get auto seeds?

1 Like

Either one, but in the case of F1 the male doesn’t need to be pure ruderalis, as long as he is an auto he can be any kind of hybrid. For example, I bred @ReikoX Low Ryder x Ultraviolet (auto, male) with Barney’s Farm Tangerine Dream (auto, fem) and the offspring are all autos, although they are regs, not fems.

S1 you would get all auto fems.

4 Likes

Auto fem would be better id think. If I’m away a couple weeks and they chucked an early bollock I’d be sad :upside_down_face: cheers for clarifying that mate

2 Likes

Either male auto and or instead of S1 which is harder to do with autos due to their time frame its actually better to run a female couple weeks ahead and reverse that but pollinate another female thats coming up behind.

4 Likes