Lots of love in the Longhouse

Some hash is definitely better as rosin, that’s for sure. There’s this crazy strain I use though, that makes hash better than rosin. It’s… startling? If I ever go “meh” when I try the hash, the next step is the rosin press! I murdered the rosin makers in the competition.

3 Likes

Hey! @JoeCrowe Welcome to the Longhouse!
Nice to see ya! I’m not sure if it was @420noob’s tag or if we said hash enough to summon you! :grin:
I actually used my little rosin press set to like 90F
Or something like that to form my dry sift into little hash pucks. Just a quick light smash then fold and smash quickly several more times. I have yet to squish hash into rosin. That’s coming soon I think! :grinning:

3 Likes

You’ll have a ton of dry ice hash to mess around with on the press if you go that route.

2 Likes

I think that’s gonna be my next purchase. A set of bubble bags. I’m thinking they’re cheap enough I’ll pick up a 5 bag set in case I ever want to try bubble or separate the dry ice sift further. I doubt once I try the dry ice method as described I’ll need the others but what the heck. I’m gonna start separating all the smaller buds and larf to throw in with the trim as well. I’m stocked up enough now and more on the way that I don’t have to keep everything for smoke anymore. Where do y’all usually pick up dry ice? At the grocery store or what?

2 Likes

Some grocery stores have it. But you can also get it at welding supply shops.

2 Likes

No shit? Didn’t know that. I’m pretty familiar with all of the local shops and the ones in the big city. As an Ac guy I picked up a lot I mean a lot of gas over the years! This will be my first go to! Thanks @JohnnyPotseed

1 Like

Yeah, actual spots that sell dry ice and stuff for workers will sell it to you for cheap. Usually a five gallon bucket limit, but dirt cheap. Here Publix has it, so that’s easy for me. Two bricks worth is as much shaking as I want to do in a day. Haha

1 Like

We can get it from both around here. There’s a grocery store about 20 minutes from us, and a welding shop 20 min other direction.Both have machines that make it, and charge about the same.
We like the welding shop stuff though, it’s the ‘pelletized’ dry ice

1 Like

I don’t know the grocer. I do know the guys at the welding supply shops and it’s been a minute since I’ve seen them so I’ll try there first! If no luck it’s good to have another option at the grocery store. I don’t know why that didn’t click. They keep that gas cold for transfer into smaller cylinders and to keep it condensed. Makes a lot of sense now! :joy:

It’s also used in welding. Shrinks the metal tight, for fitting joints
Also for blasting, in flammable gas equipment, tanks n lines etc

1 Like

Good to know. I’m not much of a welder so I didn’t know that either. :+1:t3: I can solder and braze like a machine though. Or could anyway. It’s been a couple years.

We’d get from a loading dock where refrigerated trucks were loading up. Just an ice place I think. Pellets are awesome if you can get them.

1 Like

Sounds like pellets save a lot of cold chopping! :grinning:

It’s a PITA busting up the blocks or planks

1 Like

Hammer and chisel or flat head chops it up quickly, but it’s nice not having to do it and having uniform pieces.

2 Likes

Exactly, lol getting the blocks/planks all busted down to small enough stuff to blend the Ganja thoroughly is the trick. Pelletized is ready made for it! Blends so nicely! lol

2 Likes

I’ve been seeing a lot about the dry ice method and seeds. Are they truly ok after the process? If you throw whole bud in the bag does it get pulverized or does it need broken down a bit first?

break the buds down for better blending, gently, more even distribution of the total ‘frozen’ condition needed for best extraction.

2 Likes

I break them down some, but I imagine decent sized buds would be broken down if you bashed them around in there. Just end up with more plant material as well.

1 Like

Are we talking breaker marble size is fine or more of a loose grind? Also having never done this before I’m curious about bud that’s not super frosty. Like some older skool stuff that was more greasy. Still potent but more wet look that sparkling. Does that resin still just freeze and sift through? I know I’m asking a few here but I’m getting excited.

2 Likes