Lots of love in the Longhouse

I intend to get the cutting too. Will be interested in seeing the nuances of terpene profile differences between it and my two seed phenos. Gotta love the skunk a-hole and dank!:joy::100:. This pheno smells fabulous—but not really skunky or dank

3 Likes

What strain is this @TopShelfTrees1 i love some stanky.

3 Likes

Frankenstein. I have 17 elite clones atm and it’s one of the top 6 dankers in Veg state among them

6 Likes

Definitely get the bubble bags with walls if you’re making dry ice hash. Maybe they’re easier for bubble or something, but not what you want for dry ice hashing stuff.

2 Likes

So confused by the Dali/Van Gogh talk in here I deleted my comment. Haha Checkout the Dali museum if you’re ever in the Tampa Bat area.

2 Likes

So I’ve been looking at them and I’d have to agree with you here albeit with no experience. It would seem without the walls the agitations and shaking would allow shit to go everywhere. I want it to go straight down. I’m thinking bubblebagdude bags are going to be the ones I pick up. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Nube summoned me up with the mention, but I was waiting to get a read of the room first. Here’s my protip:
The yield of the hash is actually determined by the genetics of the plant.
I’ve got the evidence as well. Did a whole thing where I counted the number of trichome caps on a bud and then made the hash. Doing the whole empirical thing to get it right. DNA of the plant determines the trichome count per bud. Clones of clones of clones over 17 years produced the same hash yield every time with minimal variation due to the laws of reality :smiley:

7 Likes

Not trying to be a dick at all, just curious who didn’t think the yield of hash was dependent on the genetics? Or are you saying hashing a pound of the same strain via bubble and dry ice will yield the same exact amount?

I agree with @JoeCrowe. Over the years of making hash, in all the different ways I’ve done it. The strain is the biggest consideration in how much you get. No matter what method used.

1 Like

Hash the same two strains and amounts through bubble and dry ice and compare the weight. Dry ice will be quite a bit more.

That too is true, cuz.No argument from me, lol We’re talking about the strain being the biggest factor in yield. After that, taking the same strain and using all of the different methods to extract… the dry ice will give the most in each strain.
But, you can take two different strains, with everything else(weight, age, extraction method) being the same. and get two wildly different yields

1 Like

Ohhhh, I gotcha. Haha I still really don’t understand who didn’t understand the genetics are the most important part of hash return, but if this helps out anyone who didn’t know it’s beneficial.

Not everyone has a certain level of experience to draw on, cuz. So to many, this IS a learning conversation to read. I’m sure there are quite a few that read, but don’t comment. For one reason or another.

3 Likes

@NDNCHILD sorry for this slight hijacking of your thread, my friend.

I think it was just a general “good info to know” statement. Not really directed at anyone in particular. All views and info are welcome here.
I actually like when topics come up and folks do have different opinions, techniques or generally just different ways of doing things. I like being able to explore all info given and decide what works best for me in my situation, environment etc. Often I find myself blending two or more folks suggestions into a style of my own. I appreciate the time it takes all of you to share your experiences. :fist:t3::facepunch:t3::vulcan_salute:t3: 🪶🪶 :green_heart::green_heart:

3 Likes

Conversation is always welcome here my brother! No worries at all. Sometimes I’m the guy that sits back and reads without commenting. You learn the most when you listen the most! :wink:

3 Likes

I guess I was just confused because dude made it sound like he did experiments on his own to come to the conclusion, but it was common knowledge for decades. I don’t do experiments on the reaction of mixing oil with water or anything, because we’ve known forever and can easily look it up. Haha

1 Like

@JoeCrowe is very well known and respected on this site. He’s also known for gathering his own empirical data to ascertain the true facts, for his own. That’s a quality I for one, admire.

1 Like

I get ya. I have no doubt however there are folks growing that still have no clue what a trichome is. :wink: So general info is welcome. :joy: It May have played into my asking about sparkling vs greasy weed?

2 Likes

For sure! It’s impossible to judge the plants hash making capabilities without actually making the hash using any other data than the count of the number of trichomes on each bud.
I knew the post I was making could be considered offensive.

1 Like