Loud (road-kill) skunk

I had to train a bunch of massive plants today

Cooler nights and long stretches of rain are coming.

No Bueno for budding plants.

Threw on the greenhouse cover today and added a wicked commercial exhaust fam from Costco for under 100 canadian dollars

Uploading: 20230914_191832.jpg…

There are some awesome potentials in here to get me closer to the finish line.

First wave of pollination was very successful. I isolated a 2 awesome pink kush males that I will be using too. Saved some branches on the 88 hashplant, island pink kush, tuna and some other older skunks and hybrids

mm

17 Likes

Love me some pink kush. One of my all time favourites

2 Likes

She’s mine 100% , her and Bubba have been my obsessions for 15 years easy. Pink has always been my go to meds…. Till we lost her…… YEARS later still don’t have her either

6 Likes

I feel that. Another cut that has eluded me, I’ve never had a cut of pink kush in my garden . I’ve grown Green Rebel(Mota rebel) Salmon kush which was Pink kush x Kings Kush and found a killer pink leaner but lost it a couple years ago because I sold my house and moved and didn’t have anyone to give it to keep alive. Nobody I know grows weed lol. Crazy to me that you smoke and don’t grow your own but to each their own. Also grew Reeferman pink a while ago but didn’t ding anything. Still have Green rebel Arctic pink and Arctic blast to go through and just grabbed Pink crush from JOTI and hopefully find a leaner to the pink side in one of those… Was definitely my favourite smoke for a long time m, grew up in Toronto and everything was pink for years, but have t seen any for a while since I moved away about 5 years ago and lost contact with people, the way it goes….and I refuse to buy legal weed. I tried San Rapheal Pink a few years ago that my friend bought and it was actually really good but I just can’t get my self to by it lol. So Pink and that RKS….The hunt continues

3 Likes

I was recently gifted a pack of a pink Kush bx from a very talented breeder. It’s sitting in my next to pop box right now, I have a green rebel cross as well pink x arcata trwrck and 1 seed of Barney’s pink I’m gonna pop as well. Need that pink back in my life. I’m hoping to come across someone in Canada with a cut but have failed for a couple of years now sadly. It’s funny I was obsessed long ago , people had no clue. Then when it hit, it hit! It is everywhere still out here but NOONE wants to share cuts ! :weary:

1 Like

If it’s 80% road-kill skunk with a 20% bottom of roses and vanilla it’s a keeper (island pink). Or 20% roses and diesel (classic pink) you will have fire

Sadly but not sadley I got all males from my island pink Roadkill x last fall.

It’s sad becuase stem rub alone was bang on skunk

Hopefully will get more seeds this fall and find a really nice female next year

mm

7 Likes

Sooo many don’t know the daaaankness of the pink! Gonna make me come to Mendo you keep teasing! I’ll be the guy out front with a sign WILL TRIM FOR PINK CUTS! :wave:t3:

3 Likes

I use Kerala sesame oil as it still has a bit of skunkiness. Most sesame products have removed their skunk notes to appease bland western sheep who have been led to believe skunk is an unacceptable flavor. Cooking oils especially. I’ve been to a chili cook off in the south. Turns out most Americans are lying about the importance of flavor in their lives. Most people in America do not like ethnic flavor. They complain of the smell of hotel lobbies.

Everyone wonders about the origins of skunk. It’s very clearly an Indian bagseed. Asafoetida, sesame, bastard poon, neem, all the smelly terpenoid plants come from India. Just bagseed. No clones no breeding involved.

Welcome ! Congrats on the skunk oils,they seem to have effectively lubricated your tongue.

your american menu consists of sugar, salt and sugar mixed with salt. enjoy those low cholesterol oils we put in their too.
although i am not very trusting of some of the indian growing methods, seen them do some strange experimental stuff that i would not want to smoke no matter how it looked or smelled. like cutting open the stems and shoving garlic in there. not for me.

2 Likes

Well,you got us there! If only there were a way we could make food without a lot of sugar ,salt and preservatives,hmmm.

12 Likes

whoa whoa slow down there man think about the ramifications for our financial services based economy, if you grow your own food how will the investor class keep seeing profit growth??

5 Likes

After many seeds runs I’ve found a killer Skunk, i crossed Kanak Balochistan into it.
I have other Washington Skunk plants getting Kanak Balochistan too. I’ll be revegging this one after harvest for breeding projects.

I’ve also have a very skunky female I put in the veg room from all the Washington Skunk plants I popped.
It was budding up a bit when I threw in back in the veg room.

Here’s a purple stem phenotype WS
Longer flowering than the others out there, 6 times the size of the others.

17 Likes

Nice dude!

mm

I’ve had a chance to talk to a few old locals about this island pink I have what I have been calling road-kill pink

• its a skunk from the 90s I used to get
  • it’s one of if not the closest thing to rks
  • it’s definitely a “hashplant” (I know it’s a blanket term")
  • it may or may not have any actual “pink kush” innit

If there are any older island boys that know of the true story of this island pink cut please share.

mm

12 Likes

Found some Info. Been looking for a while.

“Island pink kush”

Referman is quoted to say:

King is a Old Island hash Plant along with Jiffy Pot Aka Purple Skunk God buds mother and several other plants they came in on “loads” of Indica Flowers imported with hashish from Pakistan and Afghanistan between 1974 and the Russian invasion in 1979 .

Back than the hippie trail went through Afghanistan all the way to Katmandu where my Friends Currie owned a Hotel and Disco way back in the day .

A American Draft Dodger who Lived on Vancouver Island was sent to Pakistan to buy Hashish for a Motorcycle Club called the "Kings Crew "out of Calgary and Nanaimo later became HA .

They had bought some hashish that was not all the same as what had arrived and “Julio” the guy they sent was a expert of the times . His Job was quality control at that time only Mexican , South American and SE asian flowers had been sold in Canada -USA .

While he was there He saw these Huge lightly seeded indica flowers and got permission to load all available Space with the flowers as they were 10% the cost of hashish .

Many Different types of Flowers arrived over the few years they were sold as “Donkey Dick” “Monkey Tails” and other Names .people had never seen these big Dense Flowers a outdoor Culture had already started on Vancouver Island the best of these strains Were Cultivated and soon after 1980 -81 The first indoor grows were started Growing under Mercury Vapour Lamps the Double bucket growing became part of the land scape Lava Rock became a fixture amongst that crew in the early Days even when I first emerged we had Purple and Pink King and many hash plants King was called hash Plant as was everything that came from the loads I named Pink Kush Pink Kush because after I went to Netherlands I was exposed to Kush type Plants and the smell was the first time we smelled something that smelled like King so I called her “Pink Kush” .

So King hashplant was the Signature strain of the MC Kings Crew."

Been telling this cut was old skunk weed from day 1

mm

6 Likes

Gotta take reeferman’s stories with a grain of salt IMO.

I’m not old or anything but I’ve had both the pink kush and island pink many times and they don’t smell like skunk at all to me. They’re more of a “kush” smell. They have some fuel smell to them but no skunk IMO. The pink is some tasty shit though. More like a complex woody / sweet pine / fuel with a touch of floral in the background with some other minor things I can’t quite put my finger on.

8 Likes

i would have to say that sounds pretty believable though. i always thought to myself that hashplants were the closest looking to rks to me. might have to scoop some of your island pink kush when you get them to market

2 Likes

True.

But a question - define “kush”

This island pink has 0 wood. Or pine. Basically 80% road kill 10% Citrus 5% vanilla 5% roses

That’s how I disect the the fresh jar. If oxiginated in a room or left in a zip lock. Joint in pocket or roach. Will reek up a corner store with skunk (or the room)

It’s why I’ve always called it road kill pink. I’ve grown 3 other pinks and they were all very skunky. Even the stem rub

mm

6 Likes

People often detect different smells in the same weed. Dunno if it’s brain chemistry or different sense of smell but I’ve never thought of Pink as skunky at all personally. I’ve had it at least 50x over the years if not more. Same with the island. They remind me more of kush/og strains. I realize “kush” is a relatively vague term. To me it can either mean Sweet pine (not pine as in xmas tree, something different)/woody(like certain cedarwood maybe)/fuel/ other background smells. Or og type smells like Lemon/pinesol/fuel/background stuff. The shit is complex as hell kinda hard to put finger on.

Pink will sure reek up a room and it’s dank shit but i don’t get skunk from it personally. Just fuel.

5 Likes