MadScientist's Coffeshop Ideas

Hello Overgrow!

I am gonna try and do what you guys already have in the US, since i never visited one club that is marijuana friendly i was wondering if you had any pointers as to what the decor/behavior should be like.

This being CR i wanted to do a Jungle/Beach theme, but any ideas are welcome! With pictures please.

This can be about good practices and bad practices or just about decor, suit yourselves.

No fighting please.

Sci :robot:

5 Likes

new amsterdam cafe in vancouvers pretty laidbackā€¦ upstairs is like a cafe/pub kinda atmosphere selling drinks and food etc on the right and on the left side its kinda like a headshop selling papers, bongs, clothes etcā€¦ downstairs is more like a darker lounge atmosphere w/ couches and stuff where you can rent bongs n vaporizers iirc

7 Likes

Donā€™t know the US coffeshops, but for inspiration I would suggest Google pictures of the old ā€œDe dampkringā€.
Thats IMO one of the most cozy coffeshops in Amstedam, great atmosphere and deco.

6 Likes

I vouch that. Dampkring was for me a reference, both for the weed and the decorum. All in one.
The feeling is like the ā€œbrown pubā€ of old dutchs inside, but for stoners lol

It changed a bit on weed now but i disgress ^^

5 Likes

Maybe look at Rainforest Cafe for some inspirationā€¦

3 Likes

US?! :us: I donā€™t think soooooā€¦ Not yet by a long shot.
(Except the underground, and those are mobile ā€œeventsā€).

Weed is still taboo to the vast majority of ā€œnormal peopleā€(what a misleading term :thinking:) and it would be comical to me if it werenā€™t tragic. The mythology & propaganda mindfucking of the masses is basically the :cop:'s version of the ā€˜war on drugsā€™, STILL, even in the face of rapid changes in many countries/places. Very saddening to watch sick old folks reject a medicine that is safer than the oneā€™s killing their grandkids. :pill: :syringe:

:rolling_eyes: Phew! Now Iā€™ve thoroughly posted a big downer on what should be a happy & celebratory thing for you/us all, so, f*ck me! :laughing:

As a person who canā€™t stand noisy hives of humanity, consider having a semi-separate area for the anxiety-prone. (I.e. I bring earplugs to my supermarket because of a disorder).

Maybe Iā€™ll just use the servantā€™s entrance. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Yeah, just donā€™t do like they do and be all looks. Their food sucks, is overpriced, and frankly itā€™s a ā€œOne time Experienceā€ imo lol. (At least, this is my experience with the one in San Antonio after multiple disappointing visits)

Create something people will want to come back for, not just decor. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LOL Jellypowered! :smile:

He said design ideas, not food recommendations. Iā€™ll admit, Iā€™ve never eaten at a Rainforest Cafe, but their atmosphere is awesome.

If MadScientist can do both great decor AND a great ā€œexperience,ā€ heā€™ll be nailing it.

Iā€™ve seen my share of boring marijuana dispensaries. The sterile look should be for doctor offices, not for dispensaries IMO.

2 Likes

I see it is a very nice place man!

That right there looks expensive, but very nice and elegant at the same timeā€¦ WOW!

You have MADE MY DAY!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would expect people to come back for the weed, because i grow it sooooo good!

U know! I never stop dreaming bro.

I expect to have the best ā€œClone onlyā€ S1s and bud and extracts from those. The food will be Sandwishes, Bowls and Pastry. Beverages will all have the choice of THC/CBD to their liking. Coffee, Natural drinks (Mango, Tamarindo, Acai and such) and at night marihuana infused beer. That will be made at my cousinā€™s factory with organic grown marijuana.

Will not be selling clones actually, it would be like giving my work away for free (other than a few caps at the moment).

I made that mistake already, so u know fool me onceā€¦

2 Likes

those coffeeshops are a little ā€œbusyā€ for me :grin: - how about a comfortable Irish pub-type place with lots of nice woodwork and good coffee drinks

3 Likes

I am feeding off of all these suggestions people, thanks so much, i need to prepare. I have been waiting for 20 yrs to be able to do something like this and i donā€™t want it to be stressful or super ā€œbusyā€ or nothing like that.

How about making it a private club with a card to get in and recommendations to be considered to get in?

Would that be a good practice? I would like to choose who gets in. As well as a metal detector too.

3 Likes

Here is the one operating 100% openly and legally - itā€™s private, members pay $15 per month plus a $5 cover charge. Or you can show up and pay a one-time $15 fee for a day pass. There are others but they donā€™t want to appear in the media.

http://www.telegram.com/news/20180902/private-worcester-marijuana-club-working-to-maintain-good-neighbor-image

Hereā€™s another one - this looks like more of a ā€œdiveā€ bar feel to it which is cool with me

http://www.glcworcester.com

2 Likes

If you open a coffee shop there, Iā€™ll be there! I love CR!

1 Like
2 Likes

Nice day to be corrected I guess. :blush:

Which one of them is run by a Fed agent? :wink: j/k

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I had the pleasure of becoming a member at this club while visiting a few years back, nice chill place

4 Likes

Iā€™m a chef for a living I can help with some recipes

Or come cook :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

+1

I have been to New Amsterdam cafe in van a few times; each time I couldnā€™t wait to get out. Too high-stimulus.

If possible, I would highly recommend a venue with an outdoor space, with lots of green shit growing everywhere, and maybe a water feature, some bird feeders? I just got happy typing this last sentenceā€¦

5 Likes

Right on. Try to bring the peacefulness of the growroom/garden into the shop.

2 Likes

Have an outdoors area and indoors with games consoles munchies and members only, so you get the people you WANT to smoke with there , just as with growing - ā€˜KISSā€™ - and a pool table/games room, gouch- couches etcā€¦
Great idea and good luck with this @MadScientist , youā€™ll do well iv no doubt mate ā€¦
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

2 Likes