Mail interception

Just an FYI, when i send seeds to OG members or sometimes when trading, i have found great sucess mailing seeds from the US to Canada, South America, Europe and Australia.
*But it requires re-packing seeds in a coin flip with washer AND COTTON (so seeds don’t rattle). Taped inside a “greeting card” i make from a folded piece of cereal box. All inside a regular generic No. 10 white envelope. The card makes the envelope more flat and smooth.

Costs 1 Forever stamp (about $ .68) in the US.
Or 1 Global Forever stamp (about $1.50) everywhere else. AND because it’s flat mail, not a package, it doesn’t go through Customs.

BUT there is no tracking or way to know if/when the seeds get lost in transit. So i don’t use this method for un-replaceable seeds.

23 Likes

Second round made it through. Just a heads up.

6 Likes

My letter says on hold in New York. I hope that doesn’t mean I’m getting a letter too. That would really suck as these seeds were some I really wanted.

2 Likes

I live in Australia. Most packages make it but I’ve had a few from dougdawson and johhnypotseed not make it through .but that’s just the luck of the draw some make it some don’t. I’d say 95 percent make it through customs.

3 Likes

Just received a package myself that was on hold in New York for about a week, definitely understand the stress. Thankfully no interception — it made it through. May it also go through for you!

1 Like

Sometimes they sit at customs for awhile or get “lost” and randomly show up out of no where.

1 Like

Whew I’m glad you guys said that! Looks like it bring me some good juju. My mail made it Whoohoo!

5 Likes

That’s good they made it.

1 Like

Well i had no idea that there is a thread for all my send out letters that was intercepted!
Sorry @herojuana.tom & @Cannaology !
No idea why but for the last few months only one out of ten make it.
Thailand and Australia was without Problems, but US isn’t working for me.
:green_heart:

5 Likes

How did you ship them?

1 Like

I had 2 letters from johhnypotseed and 2 from dougdawson not make it. Customs are being pricks again. They were sent about 10 weeks ago. So I’d say the seeds x-rays machines are getting most of them again

2 Likes

It really seems like pure luck if they happen to x ray or not and it makes me wonder if they’re flagging senders too.

2 Likes

Yeah all the trades I did came through .they might be targeting certain types of letters or areas where there sent from

1 Like

It seems like it’s the case and really cracking down on it.

I’ve gotten a letter before from forestry fisheries and agriculture saying they destroyed the seeds because they didn’t meet the guidelines to protecting the fauna

Yeah, i been reading about it and that seems to be what happens. Personally never had it happen to me when i did. My friend ordered seeds for us and they seemed lost and randomly made it in his mailbox over a month later.

The longest it’s taken me for seeds to arrive is 7 weeks. But usually if they haven’t arrived in 4 weeks you ain’t Gunna get them

1 Like

Pucks&Cards,CoinFlip&Cards, Carton and Flips or Pucks and Carton.
Nothing loose, nothing making a sound and nothing visible.
I think this:

But in the end i don’t know. Maybe i just had some hash on the fingers while preparing the letters :wink:

4 Likes

Exactly, nothing they will feel/hear when they grab it. I’ll put a fake name/address on it and will spray with cologne to be extra careful🤣

1 Like

I had a letter from down south arrive in a usps envelope. All the seeds were there but the entire end was torn off the original envelope. I have had several envelopes arrive after being opened.

2 Likes