Make a log they said... 2021

This newbie is learning…
Different logs in different topics bad.
Putting all my grows for the year in 1 log guud. :sweat_smile:

I joined the forum last year and by god this place is a goldmine. I love trying out new things in my grows even tho i’m far from a very experienced grower so thanks again to all those who gave feedback, tips and info. I’ve got a few plans and projects brewing in the ol’ noggin that i want to give a go this year and following some great examples on here i’m going to try to keep 1 log for 2021.

The setup i’m starting with:

I have 2 growrooms. One closet i built from scratch under a slanted roof (85×95x 135/210) and a small Secret Jardin Lodge 90 (90x60x135)

The large room has a 600w dimmable ballast and HPS from Lumatek, a cli-mate, and softbox airfan for climate control, some basic carbon filter and 2 cheap small fans.

The small tent has a viparspectra 450v and only a basic fan for now. I’m planning on setting this one up a little better in the future.

Finally a couple more pics of my stuff i’m using:

Most of this stuff like the soil brand, nutes etc. i’ve been using since i started out and was recommended or had friends use. I’ve been playing around with the idea of doing a bit more research and switching things up a little in the future. But i’ve still got some reading up to do on that front.

So that’s about it for now. I just harvested my last grow and am looking forward to what comes next. I’m thinking maybe something purple that helps me getting to sleep. I can’t wait for the weekend to begin :rofl:

:vulcan_salute:

23 Likes

Nice job on that built-in! :sunglasses: :+1:
Excellent use of dead space.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Nice set up. I will be watching this. AS I to would like somethin purple to sleep. Also, a strain to help me get up and going, purple and fruity a plus.
Like color makes a difference right?? Just would like a pretty plant to look at growing and oh would also wanting fruity, sweet be asking to much. :seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Willing to see that camera gadget going on, love time lapse videos watching those lillies :seedling: shaking their bodies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:, purple colours help to sleep? icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

3 Likes

:rofl: @George that’s the only reason i bought the cam. I find it very satisfying to watch them dance and grow.
Oh and don’t get me wrong, I don’t know of any real link between purple and sleepy weed at all. I just have some purple queen seeds (Hindu Kush x Purple Afghani) that are supposed to tick these 2 boxes.

I was following this topic and was looking for something with similar effects.
Anti-Insomnia Strains
Thanks to @JustSumTomatoes for this.
The purple’s just a fun little bonus :sweat_smile:

@G-paS one of my projects this year is some breeding/cross between 2 of my fav daytime strains lemon haze and strawberry cough. Maybe no purple, but should get the fresh and fruity taste and uplifting effect you’re talking about. Started this idea last year but my one male went hermie on me. Hopefully better luck this time.

5 Likes

It’s funny you mention that about the purple. I find the purple varieties to be helpful for sleep, not that the buds themselves have to be purple but the varieties in those families seem to work. Usually it’s the green phenos that are better.

3 Likes

good luck with your quest :seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

hermaphrodite male?? So it starts growing male flowers then turns female??

I was surprised at that as well. To be fair it was my first try so who knows what exactly happened.
They were lemon haze regular autoflower seeds from at seedman’s.
Unforunately I had only one decent looking male plant out of 6 to start with. Bad luck i guess. My buddie had a nice even 3/3.
The earliest signs seemed male but then i ended up with this:

Tis is at the lower (older) part of the plant:

But the higher up i went…

In any case i was screwed. Having a bunch of girls hop into bed together might be fun, but that won’t get me no beans…

5 Likes

lol wow that IS a wild mutant!

1 Like

Welcome to my mansion of mutants and misfits…
We have cookies. :cookie:

3 Likes