The Eight Volt Garage

Hey guys, thought I’d start tracking what I’m doing here. This one is gonna be a fairly quick run, I should be harvesting something right about now but have had a few hiccups this year.

I’ll be running two strains, Burnt Diesel (Fuel OG x Celly OG) from Ski Mask Seeds, and Scary Terry (Purple Haze x Fruity Kruger) from The Bakery Genetics.

I germinated 5 of each and they popped their heads up about a week ago. As they are regular seeds I’m gonna take the opportunity to learn to make my own seeds, not putting too much thought into it at this stage, I’ll hit whichever female I like the look of from one strain with my favourite male of the other. Just producing viable seeds will be a success this run.

Here they are as of today, I’ll try and remember to update every week or so. Thanks for stopping by.

15 Likes

Looking forward to following along. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

following along as well. Thanks.

have you considered clones from the mother to make seeds ?

2 Likes

Hey, I have indeed mate. To be completely honest, cloning is not something I’ve gotten to yet in the couple of years I’ve been doing this. Might be time to learn!

I’ll have to have a think about how I’m gonna do this over the next few weeks.

3 Likes

Pulling up a chair and along for the ride.

2 Likes

all you have to do is google DIY Bubble Cloner - if you had an aquarium before you already have the air pump and stone most likely.

I used a pool noodle to make the collars. it’s really easy…

4 Likes

Cheers, I’ll definitely have a look and put something together.

1 Like

Looks good! The scary Terry sounds good I just looked it up, can’t find anything on the burnt diesel it keeps bringing up sour diesel is it the same thing? I’m also curious what equipment are you using and also what nutrients do you plan on using?

2 Likes

Sour Diesel is not the same.

2 Likes

Hey man, cheers for stopping by. The Burnt Diesel is from an Aussie guy, skimaskseeds on IG. Breaking it down a bit more it’d be (NYCD x OG Badazz) x (Faceoff OG x i95 Stardawg) according to seedfinder.

My flower tent is just a little 32x32" with a couple of Mars SP150s in there, about 270w total. Feeding Professors Original A+B.

5 Likes

I was gonna go that route but saw one on the shelf at the local shop for $60 and said to hell with it and bought it

2 Likes

Always excited for fresh seedlings

2 Likes

So one of these burnt diesel seedlings is clearly not like the others and got pulled tonight, the rest of them have started to take off.

I’ve been mulling over how to tackle this grow as I haven’t got heaps of space. I think I’ll transplant to 2gal fabric pots and flip these to flower in about 3 weeks, no topping/training just let them go. Clone the bottom two branches of each during stretch and isolate the 1gal males in a third cabinet I have and watch them flower out for a bit. Cuttings should root by the time i dispose of the bigger males and i can get another flower cycle in before it gets too hot in January and make the seeds with the clones im not growing for flower. If that all makes sense.

6 Likes

Just ordered a bubble cloner as well so away we go.

4 Likes

Quick update, I transplanted a little earlier than I should’ve then we had a cold snap but they’re coming good now, looking a little pale but I gave them a feed yesterday. Pulled another burnt diesel, and 2 of the 3 left are runts so I’ll see how they go now that they’re starting to grow. Here’s one of the Scary Terry’s as of now…

5 Likes

Nothing much to report, plants are all doing great, still looking a little hungry, I’ll up their feed next water. I’m gonna flip these to flower when they’re about 8" tall, maybe a week or so.

I also popped a 10 pack of Purple Berry Playboy in hempys under 12/12, so I’ll see where I’m at once theyre sexed.

Edit: So I was looking back at the photos I took today and the colour was really bothering me, so I went and took some photos outside the tent, I guess the LED spectrum makes them look yellow. I dunno, these are fairly new lights for me.

5 Likes

That could have been the special one. I never cull before flower unless something is obviously wrong health wise with a plant. Anyways, nice looking grow. I will be stopping by from time to time to take a look.

2 Likes

Cheers for checking it out. Yeah it could’ve but it wasn’t to be.

So I flipped the lights 6 days ago, and we have one male thats shown sex today, front and centre. The PBP seedlings are going well, I’ll get some pics of them up next time. All going smoothly though.

4 Likes

Quick update. I ended up with 5 females, they are going into flower now. The male i chose ended up herming so he’s gone.

7 Likes