Making a hobby profitable?

Anyone hear about the mayor in fall River Massachusetts that got federally indicted on extortion charges for charging cannabis businesses 100k 150k and 250k for non opposition letters… That’s just to START THE PROCESS. You still have to find a location, a staff, establish your business type(llc,individually owned, non profit, etc), document your investments and how you got the money, set aside enough money to run your business for a certain amount of time (i think a year but could be less) should you have to close, pay for background checks for everyone involved, then you have to pay your licence fee… It’s like worse than a nightmare lmao. Plus on top of that you have to run a profitable retail business… Which would be a challenge in itself when you have to pay hefty taxes to the feds the state and the city you operate in. Kinda makes me not want to do it sometimes :joy: one day tho

8 Likes

Drug dealers wouldn’t sell drugs if there wasn’t a profit.

4 Likes

**Hey @Zenki ** I’m from Northern Ontario, Canada. Now I’ve been slowly working towards not just a name brand “PotentChronic” but I also have a website “PotentChronic.com” and I just started the YouTube channel! Now don’t get me wrong, I have a lot on my plate right now and I’ve been busting my rump off! I have current Well known name brands and some newer companies as well, that I’m allowed advertising and selling their products. However, with everything the way it has been. Ive been put in a position where I have to do every & ALL aspects from applying designs, picking certain products from specific partnered companies and than writing about the product (which copy & paste) works well. Just change afew words here and there. Than the pics need to be added. All re-formatted for the said web page design layout! It’s been hardwork and very time consuming. Ive tried to pitch what I have going on to a couple friends of mine but everyone nowadays wants money NOW! And I get it! But it takes time & money to make money! OR a LOT of one with just alil bit of the other. Lol… Anyways, that’s what I’ve got going on. Im definitely invested and sure as hell ain’t gonna be stopping anytime soon. But I’m always looking for advice and whatever else life brings my way!

6 Likes

What do you mean the feds shut down the black market? Like illegal storefront dispos etc??

Here in Canada, there are hundreds of mail order websites. It is my belief that these sites are getting their product from very large plant count medical grows. (Im sure as well as just straight up illegal grows too to some degree but not much)

Native Reserves all have many many dispos and theyre all busy all day every day. Cops shut em down once in a while and they re open mere hours later fully stocked again. Its actually insane. Quite the range from cheap $80/oz mids to $15-20/gram ‘exotics’. Most have reward programs and sales like gelato for $80/ounce. Most comes from BC but some is local supply too.
Nobody can compete w that.
The rez here has probably 10-15 dispos and our areas population is about 100,000.

We r getting a ‘legal’ store soon it sounds like, but good luck selling $15-20/gram mids when the above mentioned is just down the road
Are there not

8 Likes

Im mean the FBI are kicking down doors for 20 plants and a few pounds as well as much larger busts. We have medical legalized. No recreational. So theres still a strong sales on the street as low as 950 a lb. 450 oz of wax. They were theyre and now the black market is shut down you can find a gram of wax for 60$ RN

4 Likes

You know another great idea for a business in this line of work…
Providing you know your stuff; about weed
Is to advertise your Expertise. Whether to help people get setup and going. Or you can even go the route of (My business plan) where I’ll pay you(ball park figure) $1000.00 every 4 months to allow me to put a 5x5 tent in your house under your name for growing legal rights here in Canada. Obviously there’s a LOT more to the whole process and procedures… But that’s the basic outline!

3 Likes

Haha wow. They’re really wasting resources on small potatoes like that? I try to keep at the plant limits of my state, but 20 plants really isn’t that much more than home grow laws in most states that have them…

5 Likes

We’re 18 per person in missouri. And you can grow for others too. Arkansas doesn’t allow home growing. Theyre selling WW wax for 90$ a half gram in the 2 dispensaries that they have in NW AR. It’s insane.

4 Likes

I’ll help make someone’s hobby profitable if they live in PA lol!

4 Likes

If I’ve learned anything about the feds it’s that they know almost always and they act when they want

Remember around 2003 when they bought billboards up and down 70 and 44

4 Likes

Maybe for some one younger or broke. I own a home with children . Why would I allow some one in my house to give me pennies when I could do the same thing . The electric bill would be more than 250$ ever month . If you where utilizing the area properly . Then what about safety . Are you really going to dump the proper funds into some ones house for the electric to be up to par for a grow that big?
250$ isnt really much . Most grown ups go to work and make more than that daily and dont have to worry about some stranger being in their house doing who knows what.
I think you would be better off renting a cheap apartment.

5 Likes

5 Likes

12 Likes

Anyone know the legalities on selling seeds in canada? I keep seeing guys on marketplace selling seeds lol cops or not?

3 Likes

Hey @Hugh_Glass, idk what kinda system you’re running. But my entire set-up don’t cost me more than $45 at the highest-highest end! I’m using a ViparSpectra R900 (veg/bloom)cycle & with both on it pulls about 415w (actual) from the wall. 12" fan, 9" fan, Vivosun 4" w/filter + my veg tent with 200w(give or take) +humidifier & 9"fan. That’s a decent amount of electricity and it don’t come nearly close to what your saying! I’m in Ontario, Canada. I hope things grow good for you and best of luck.

2 Likes

As I wrote your not utilizing your system to its full potential . In veg & bloom I will pull 10 times that power. My power bill is almost 500$ a month.

6 Likes

Why? Plus twenty.

Yeah that is crazy.

Yesterday we had a 750+ plant grow raided and they got 160 lbs off of them.

That sounds like a bad day to me.

1 Like

Its a gray area; I have a store close by dealing in seeds. They always have an eye peeled for the cops. They had a visit when they first opened. The cops told them to make a few changes, they did, never saw them again. Who knows, a change of government can make a big difference some times.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Just selling souvenirs lol

5 Likes