Making cheaper than market CBD oil Theory

So here in denver argo has found himself in a position to being forced to buy high priced CBD oil 130$$ for a one oz bottle 1000mg for some of my creations that i am making for clients and the price gets passed to them in the form of higher prices which hurts both of our bottom lines. I could grow my own but i dont have room with 3 in 3 and the state has made testing from non licensed grows illegal .

Sooo I see blow out deals for med patients for cbd shatter and isolate at decent prices. so I started reading the fine print on the offers. Apparently if i only buy cbd I don’t need a card. I can get 1gr of 99% cbd isolate for 30 bucks which is 1000mg is it not? so cant i take the isolate and melt it back down and make measured doses of coconut oil?

if not oil 180 proof food grade alcohol? and make my own bottle of tinticure for 32 dollars and some time on the double broiler?

2 Likes

Hell yeah, three cent per milligram is not bad at all.
The most cost effective solution out here is five grams of 70% THC kief for a hundo. Comes up to about the same price per mg.
CO might be different, but isolates are sold at a premium here, so you might be able to find a deal on the CBD Shatter that’s cheaper per mg than the isolate

now to see if the fine print is accurate i am going to make some call and might start making some powerful oils for my patients at reasonable prices.

1 Like

so how do you isolate the thc from the cbd i assume it is by boiling point separation?

1 Like

Yes, just melt it into some oil as needed.

2 Likes

Did this with EU legal hemp last year
was cheaper but tasted shit
ÂŁ60 2KG hemp
ÂŁ20 1L 50% alcohol (Vodka) - taxed by ABV% and highest available on high street is 50%
think I made 3300mg for <ÂŁ100 IIRC
Rice cooker method

its full spectrum but is quite low in THC
i think i worked out it was just above legal THC limit after extraction
the crystal dust from the hemp got me high - no tolerance :grinning:

I usually throw it in some everclear and through a coffee filter. Most of the other 30% is plant matter and crysolith hairs, as opposed to secondary cannabinoids. The kief comes with the test results but the selections don’t vary too much without a price jump. Took some pics a couple weeks ago.

Gram of kief + 10-20ml everclear.

Filtered

Evap took about thirty minutes, completely hand-off.

Color and texture of the final result varies, but it’s fully dabbable within an hour of starting.

so that is cbd only? or is there thc in it? or is that the isolate after an alcohol bath?

how does this sound real or crap?

$32
Offer Details: This is 99+% Pure CBD (Cannabidiol) Isolate. It is derived entirely from industrial hemp oil extracted from the mature stalks and stems of the hemp plant. It is made from NON-GMO, PESTICIDE FREE, CO2 Extracted Industrial Hemp Oil. Ingredients: Anhydrous hemp oil, no other active ingredients. This product comes in a hardened crystal “SLAB” form. No Medical card needed for CBD Only purchases While Supply’s Last

2 Likes

I believe the process requires expensive equipment still.

that isolate would depend on the price of hemp flowers +profit
in UK CBD products usually start at ~ÂŁ90 per 1000mg
so there is a hefty margin

1 Like

Nah, not an isolate. That requires distillation, usually under vacuum to lower boiling points and protect against degradation. “Short-path wiped-film still” is the industry standard I believe. That’s something you’d probably hire an engineer to design, rather than buy premade, though.

This is today’s menu according to a nearby dispensary site.

CBD is barely even an option. Most of their strains are THC

2 Likes

It took me a second to realize that wasn’t bud prices. Seems fair for a 50% kief. Makes for quick and easy tinctures too. :imp:

1 Like

Yeah especially because the bud is fifteen bucks a gram, and if you buy four grams of kief you get an extra one for free. It’s like seven grams of bud or five grams of kief for the same price

2 Likes