Making Glass Slipper Beans! ** šŸ˜€

Cool, good info. I donā€™t know jack about breeding just sharing what Iā€™ve read many times online.

1 Like

20 chars tool is one of them

4 Likes

@Jetdro

Ya, I have the exact opposite problem ā€¦ Never thought Id bitch about cooler tempsā€¦lol Definetely much cooler temps downstairs in the garage, than up here in the Man cave. Its been getting pretty cold at night through the morning hours latelyā€¦ But, with a 400 watt hps over her, I shouldnt have any problemsā€¦ It is insulatedā€¦The GS Mother looks great!.. Sooooā€¦

1 Like

So many different brands, and places to buy Silver Nitrate! :blush:

Can anyone tell me the best place to buy this stuff?

Prices vary so much onlineā€¦

I always like to save money, but I want a quality product.

Thanks in advance. :smiley:

Beacher, I seriously doubt Iā€™ll ever do thatā€¦ Iā€™m old school. Thanks for the words. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I meant to propagate the line, if thatā€™s the right term. How often do you make new seeds of the GS? Do you use old stock or just pick a nice male and female from your current stash?

1 Like

Well, The Glass slipper was born in like 98ā€™, or 99ā€™ ā€¦ Last time I made new seeds was in 05ā€™ with colloidal silver, with a female, of course. Been running the same clones ever sinceā€¦ I kinda fucked up, and gave ā€œAllā€ my seeds away throughout the yearsā€¦

None of my friends of the past made any either,ā€¦As far as I know. But, there are plenty of breeders who use the ā€œGlass Slipperā€ name, because of the strains involved, and its World Wide popularity. :trophy:

6 Likes

I used to think this too but truth is many elite/clone onlies come from a hermie bag seed and they seem to breed just fine. Think of all the OG and Chem hybrids out there, ultimately they all came from a fem seed.

I was actually really against fem seeds for the longest time but after listening to a couple podcasts with Nspecta the breeder CSI Humboldt/Pirates of the Emerald Triangle I have started warming up to the idea. Even thinking of making some myself. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure this is 100% accurate. Iā€™m not sure anyone even knows the answer to this for sure. Itā€™s a lot of conjecture. Iā€™ve heard both ends of the spectrum from breeders listening to podcasts. Some say the method of reversal matters, some say it doesnā€™t. Iā€™m more inclined to lean towards that it does not matter - the dna doesnā€™t get changed regardless of the method - makes sense to me.

5 Likes

Ya I love fem beans for growing out for sure, but I do agree that most of this is conjecture and thereā€™s alot of conflicting info. If I was trying to create a new strain or preserve an existing one I would probably avoid fems just to be on the safe side.

1 Like

20 chars and lots more

3 Likes

I just know my Snake Venom from Moxie was a fem and her crosses have been some of the best I have made. No herm problems with her crosses that I know of.

2 Likes

Hello OG! ā€œBean a minuteā€ eh? lolā€¦ Get it? :wave: :sunglasses:

Ive chosen the best looker out of all of my Glass Slipper plants for the seed making adventure. Decided not to use the mother plant after allā€¦

Im gonna let her grow til sheā€™s about a foot tall, and send her right into flower.

Im going to ebay today, to purchase the spray for this mission. Ill post updates.

Yupā€¦ Its really going to happen folks! :blush: :+1:

6 Likes

Got a 5 gallon bucket all scrubbed out, along with the plastic saucer, or whatever you wanna call it, And the soil. Getting it together! So many different sprays out there. Doing the research now. Wont be long!.. :grinning:

Have a nice evening folks! :wave: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This stuff looks pretty goodā€¦ Should be more than enough for one plantā€¦ You would think?.. Im checking it out. Its my first choice, ā€¦ still searching :slight_smile:

100% FEMINIZED SEEDS: Tiresias Mist is the most reliable, safe and effective alternative for producing feminized seeds. One bottle is all it takes to provide enough solution to one branch that will produce female pollen. Transfer that pollen to the flowers of a dioecious plant and it will produce 100% feminized seeds. No more guessing!
:seedling:SAFE + FUN: Tiresias Mist is made of natural minerals and is non-toxic, non-allergenic and will not cause harm to humans, plants or pets. However, the stem being treated should not be consumed (it will be covered with pollen sacs). Most importantly, have fun, get crazy and be excited to start your own experiments. You now have the ability and the freedom to produce your own female seeds and save your favorite strains!
:seedling: HOW IT WORKS: Whether youā€™re an amateur or a pro grower, Tiresias Mist makes it simple for anyone to create their own feminized seeds. A 1oz bottle will treat one branch of a plant to produce feminized seeds on the same plant, or to produce genetically female crosses with other plants. Treating one branch enables that one branch to create male characteristics (pollen sacs) through which the pollen can be used to pollinate the flowers of the rest of the plant and produce feminized seeds.
:seedling: HOW TO USE: Choose a plant that has not started flowering and is at least 2 weeks in the vegetative cycle (about 5ā€ height). Spray one entire branch (not foliage), 3-4 times a day for 14-21 days. Before the pollen sacs open, cut off the branch, place it in a glass of water and wait for development to finish. At the same time, continue growing the plant until female flowers are showing. When ready, carefully dust your female flowers with pollen. Continue growing until feminized seeds mature.
:seedling: BEST BENEFITS: By using Tiresias Mist, you not only gain all female seeds, but you also no longer have to wait weeks for deliveries and it allows you to create your own strain. Additionally, a tap root from a seed will produce higher yields and you can store seeds for future use and crop timing. Itā€™s easier to transport seeds as opposed to seedlings or clones.

2 Likes

Sounds good, but Iā€™ve never used anything like that before so what do I know haha. I know you can make your own colloidal silver (probably what this is) with distilled water,a piece of pure silver and a cell phone charger. I guess it just depends on how much theyā€™re trying to charge ya for thatā€¦

Looking forward to seeing this, the legend lives on! (From the Chippewa on down? :thinking:)

2 Likes

Hi Beacher,

Ya, just wanted a no fuss, no muss ordealā€¦ I do have colloidal silver. But, alot of the links I have read, says its not the best way of going about it., Iā€™ll figure it outā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Back in 05 me and my best friend used colloidal silver, and I think it worked fineā€¦ But, with todays technology, I figured there would be a ā€œwam bamā€ product that I can spray on a branch,ā€¦ and have a nice dayā€¦ And there are products like that. Too many choices!!.. ha! :slight_smile:

Not sure if this thread was posted above: ReikoX's Auto Projects

STS seems to be the most convenient way to change plant sex. I followed the above and only sprayed twice (one right at the flip to 12/12 then about 7 days later) - bam - tons of male flowers.

I did find a reversed plant provide far less pollen than a normal male.

Either way - I think reversing 1 cut and pollinating a non reversed cut will provide a ton of fem seeds for you.

I ended up doing one branch and got about 50 seeds.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Got my new 400 watt hps bulb today for the bean making activitiesā€¦ And mixed up a nice batch of colloidal silver at my buddyā€™s house. Just about ready to put a Female Slipper in the garage. Im kinda worried about the cold temps. But, a 400 hps should warm it up(the plant anyways)ā€¦You would think??

I have a Mother plant in there, and its hanginā€™ there. Just wanna make sure everything is right on the moneyā€¦ :wink:

Not in any big hurry. Taking my time, doing it right! Good evening folks!.. :wave::blush:

2 Likes

27 DEGREES THIS MORNING!!! Brrrrr! I hope it warms up a bit, or may have to wait til the temps increase. My garage is insulated, but I dunnoā€¦

1 Like