Man-bot’s Mixed Bag - Black Dak, GF x BB, G13HP & NL x C99

Sunday update:

So this should be 3 weeks of flowering - and it has been 12/12 for 3 weeks but it’s all seemed a bit slow, especially the GF x BB’s - who’s mom was very fast to start flowering.

So I figured I must have a light leak… nope. The camera I was using in my tent has some type of small internal blue light that was glowing out of the perforated shell of the camera. It wasn’t bright, but I’m thinking bright enough to keep the GF x BB from really going. Anyhow pulled the cam (which I’ve used the past 3 grows without issue) and all seems to be moving in the right direction.

Really only few like a week or so lost. So without further comment here is the SCRoG - GF x BB on the left, Black Dak on the right. 4 plants total - 2 in front , 2 in back.

The Dakini Kush leaving black face is the back right hand, and the black domina leaner is front right. Partially cut off as it has some tall branches not In the photo:

SCRoG is pretty darn full - should be a good haul.

Quick (bad) shot of the other plants going. NL x C99 in back which is shaping up well. Chem D in front right and a G13HP male front left:

5 Likes

Late with my update - here’s the weekly garden shot:

Everything is flowering well now - still feel like the camera leak has put flowering back somewhat but what can I do. Just keep pushing ahead.

Black Dak is coming along well - closeup of the Black domina leaning girl (she was the runty one but has caught up):

My NL x C99 is doing great. Definitely has a fruity nose from the C99 but a lot of structure similar to the NL:

And last is a Chem D shot. It has a really interesting nose when I rub some of the early resin… it’s gonna be stinky:

My G13HP dad has started to drop plllen so I’ll be making some seeds this week. It’s funny on the stem rub it takes me way back to the first pack of seeds I ever purchased. It was the late 90s and there was a store in the West End of TOronto called the Hidden Jungle and He was selling a bunch of seeds. I bought an Afghan x Hashplant pack and they were squat wide leafed plants, heavy grape flavour but in that deep indica way. I have always associated that with Afghan stock… anyhow the stem rub on the G13HP takes me right back to that similar deep grape scent.

Going to hit the Chem D, Black Dak and NL x C99 with it and we’ll see what happens :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Quick shot of the G13HP male I kept. He was abused and had all kinds of branches cut off before he met his demise today.

Good deep grape scent to the stem:

Hit the Chem D, NL x C99 and going to get both black Dak moms.

8 Likes

Quick garden update:

Something not right - tops on Gf x BB dying off… think it’s the Dan that dried them out. I didn’t get to the garden a few days so they got neglected. Adjusted it so we’ll see.

Black Dak doing well:

This one has the peppery scent to it so that’s great. It’s the Black domina leaner. The Bubba leaner is all pine - not my jam as much but I’m sure will be great.

The NL x C99 is doing great - intense tropical fruit smell… so the C99 is quite dominant here:

Will keep monitoring… seem to be running into various issues. But will get through.

12 Likes

I love the black Domina pheno of BlackDak. It really smells heavily of black pepper. You’re going to love smoking it. The pepper smell does fade out during cure. Eventually it becomes sweeter. Looks great so far. :+1:

7 Likes

I’m happy with how this one is turning out - really easy grow too, not fussy at all. Packing on some nice resin now too!

Hit it with some G13HP pollen today so that will be interesting to see the results… keeping it indica!

4 Likes

If you’re open to it, I’d love to get some of those seeds. I’ve wanted to make regs by incrossing back to BlackDak using G13hp as the male to help control the stretch. It would save me a step if you’ve already done it. I can hook you up in return.

8 Likes

Oh definitely - no worries at all. Just bagged a branch today. Can bag another if you like.

I haven’t pollinated a bubba leaning branch as I am I’m not as much a fan of pine - but happy to do so if you’d like seeds from both.

Just let me know!

7 Likes

Watching for sure…getting ready to start a scrog myself.

1 Like

SCRoGs are great for small spaces like I have… I let this one get too full and run on me a bit.

Ideally they would have a bit more room - but I could be surprised with the final tally :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice plants. The g13hp should cross well with just about anything, isn’t that what Bodhi uses in tons of his crosses? You should end up with a lot of interesting seeds.

2 Likes

What’s the height of your space?

You’re doing exactly what I would do. The black domina pheno is the better of the two, because the bubba did what it does in both phenos by pumping up the resin. But really what I was looking for was the peppery black domina phenos and the BD potency amplified with bubba resin, so the BD pheno ends up being the better one.

The only part of the cross I didn’t like was that a lot of stretch popped out from somewhere. Since I wanted to cross in a male to make regs anyway, I was going to use the 88g to try and tame the stretch and then see if it holds when I cross that back to another black pepper blackdak. If it works I’ll inbreed it for a few generations to lock down black pepper phenos, and do a seed run for the OG.

I’m glad you’re getting to try a black pepper blackdak pheno. I haven’t distributed then widely, because I probably only got about 50-100 fem beans from the initial cross. If you like a heavy indica, this one is quintessential. It’s crazy stoney and couchy, but I don’t find it to be as narcotic as an NL

6 Likes

It’s just a little 3 x 2 d 4’ Hugh tent

1 Like

Weekly update:

All plants seem to have recovered from what likely was wind burn:

Gotta say - the scrog is too full, I should have cleaned it up more and I think overall yield will be hurt by it. But live and learn.

Black Dak doing well. Bubba leaner:

She’s going to yield very well. Scent is heavy pine with a weird nasty undertone that’s developing. Not skinny but like a rubbery/chemical back. It’s interesting.

Black Dak - Black Domina leaner:

She got a little sun burned - but mainly leaves so she’s pulled off too the side. Didn’t have much choice - my light height is maxed out so I took it as far as I could go.

Good resin on her - does have some of that peppery smell.

The G13HP pollination seems to have taken on the 2 branches I hit.

NL x C99 - doing quiet well. Not sure how the one side of it got burned… I think it was touching a metal support bar and didn’t like it… weird. It has insane tropical fruit smells coming off it. Great resin and good structure. Defo preggo one one branch with G13HP as well:

Last the Chem D - has a funk to it for sure. Unfortunately it’s kind of in the corner and doesn’t get as much light. Doesn’t appear it will yield a ton but that’s ok. The plan was always to cross her to G13HP (which I did) and then reveg and flower again to cross some of that progeny… kind of a cubing approach. Well see how far I get:

9 Likes

Weekly update - same ol’ things just chugging along looking like anywhere between 2-4 weeks left (maybe a bit more for the GF x BB from the light leak).

Family shot - full house!

Black Dak 1:

This one is a yielder. High-ish calyx : leaf ratio which will be nice come trim time. Buds are quite long and somewhat slender but I anticipate this will fill out and when it does it will be a yielder. Probably 6 or so of these colas that are about 6” long. Scent is very strong pine with just a touch of something funky on the back end… not skunk but rubbery. I’m not a huge fan of piney weed - but I’m sure this will be nice smoke. Did not seed this one!

Black Dak 2:

Very dark green leaves, and a bit leafy overall but very nice resin content on this one. It was the runt - but shot up 2 buds taller than the rest of the canopy (was topped just below it). The black pepperish scent has waned… I’m getting more of a spicy grape on it now. The 3 main colas are chunky… the non light burned one is way fatter that I expected and solid. Seeds have taken on this one with the G13HP pollen too!

GF x BB:

Now that is has finally started to flower properly it’s coming on well. Both plants are pretty much a spitting image of the mom I selfed. Same sort of fruity scent (somewhat generic actually) and thin leaves. I always liked it and glad to see my S1 experiment worked. This could be big plants if given the space.

NL x C99:

Always tough to get an in focus shot of this one as it’s tucked in the back. I’m really happy with this cross. Still outrageously tropical fruit smelling, great structure, good resin and good production from flower a small seedling. G13HP pollen took so that could be an interesting 3 way combo. This one is also going to be the fastest. I figure about 2 more weeks here.

Chem D:

Kind of neglected here too… it’s small and won’t yield much but the idea was to test it and seed it and then reveg for a more proper grow in future. So far hasn’t knocked my socks off given it’s reputation… but it hasn’t been grown well either. Definitely have not given up on her. I’ll try the smoke and it may very well be determined it’s good to go! Maybe the G13HP pollen I seeded with will make a nice hybrid.

7 Likes

Wow good nose! I only smelled the grape after it cured.

2 Likes

Well the G13HP male used had a very grape scent on his stem so should be a good pairing.

I find that grape scent to really be a hashplant/afghani trait - in my limited experience!

Either way - impressed with the chonk buds on that Black Dak.

4 Likes

You definitely got one of each pheno, so that’s cool. I’m really psyched you had the 88g going already as well. Seeds from the domina pheno are going to be :fire: red hot!

3 Likes

I ran through you’re whole Black Dak thread the other day and I didn’t see there was any mention of pine.

The one pheno is heavy pine - way more than anything I’ve ever grown. Is that something you’ve seen out of either parent?

4 Likes