Man-bot’s Mixed Bag - Black Dak, GF x BB, G13HP & NL x C99

No I don’t think I’ve found that pheno. The burning rubber is definitely one that comes from the bubba side. And dakini also has some kush phenos, but more sandalwood and hashy type of smells.

3 Likes

Weekly update. Should be about 8 weeks along but the camera light has kind of messed that timing up.

Family shot:

Black Dak - dakini Kush leaner:

Not much change here - still going, not many pistils faded and the calyxes aren’t swollen at all. Started to yellow I’m general but I’m sure this is an N deficiency so will have to give them a quick shot. Good producer - still all pine in the nose.

Black Dak - black domina leaner:

Hand in there for reference this time. That chonk top bid is about 3” wide… and rock hard. No nitrogen issues for this girl either. The other interesting thing - the thrips have decimated some of the plants… they don’t like this one though! Looking good… still has a grape type scent (not super strong). Still rocking too - I bet they have about 3 weeks left on them. Seeds have all taken too. So the timing works there

GF x BB:

Still rocking - bunch of fan leaves cashed from wind burn again maybe… fuck I dunno - they’ve been a bit finicky this time around which I don’t have time for. Scent is a bit generic on these S1s. Mildly fruity but nowhere near as blue berryish as their mom. They say half the S1s are worse than the mom - May be the case here but they’ll smoke alright. At least a month to go on them.

NL x C99:

This plant looks better than the shot here I promise :). Pretty sure it’s done - frosty, tropical fruits smelling now with a touch of soap on the back end. Fast flowered… the NL side like to go 10 weeks. These calyxes are swollen and pistils receding already and we just touched 8 weeks. So shows me the dad will reduce flower time :). I really like this plant - have about 20 more seeds of this cross and will start working it through the generations. Thrips have just had a field day with her… need to shut down to get rid of them.

Chem D:

Not so sure about this one… needs to be run again so I’ll reveg. Seems done? 8 weeks though… hmmm doesn’t seem to follow Chem D as I’ve read it’s a 10 weeker. Also - the smell is lemony, not too funky actually. It didn’t produce much… so the jury is still out. Needs to be harvested and revegged. The G13HP pollen took on this too - so maybe that will be interesting.

That’s all!

5 Likes

Weekly update - not a whole hell of a lot different. Looks like the NL x C99 and Chem D (I’ll call it that but I’m not certain based on performance) are pretty well done. They both have undeveloped seeds on them though so I’ll have to leave those branches along with some material to reveg.

Family shot:

Black Dack - Dakini Leaner:

Plant is real producer. Nowhere near ready. Earliest 2 weeks I imagine 3. So a 10 weeker at least (I’m assuming the camera light slowed up development)

Still all pine - a bit light in colour but that’s ok this late in flower

Black Dack - Black Domina leaner

Thick top buds on her - still deep green foliage and the thrips can’t stand her. Nice plant - still at least 2-3 weeks off here as well. Grapeish / spicy scent to this plant.

NL x C99:

Dark pic - it’s at the back and hard to get to and Jew it clear. Still very tropical fruit smelling. Looks ready to be picked, but I’m in not rush. No amber trichs.

Chem D:

Whether it is Chem or not it’s a nice pant. Nice lemon scent, resinous. Didn’t produce well but it was a small cutting and thrown in a corner. Seeds just developing so I’ll chop the top bud this week and let the seeds finish up over the next 2 weeks.

GF x BB:

These have had a tough go with the thrips, and light issue in flower, and the flipping wind burn, but they keep going.

Long way off with them still. Their mom went 11 weeks and they’re at least 2 weeks behind everything else from the camera light keeping them from flowering. Smell and look just the their mom though :slight_smile: we’ll see if any purple comes on.

3 Likes

Well it’s been a few weeks! Isolation makes tending to the garden this late in flower a bit difficult as it stinks up my whole house.

Family Shot:

Getting close - lots of fade… considering the camera light issue I figure it will all go about 12ish weeks.

Black Dak - piney girl:

Huge yielder, buds aren’t super dense. All pine. Greasy resin glands. Getting a good fade but still pumping out white pistils! Not much swell on the calyxes either. It’s getting another week or two and then coming down regardless

Black Dak - grape / pepper girl:

She’s a thing of beauty. Big buds that are rock hard. It looks like it’s ripening up well. Not a lot of fade on her. This has a more sandy resin gland. Scent has come back a bit more peppery but still has a bit of grape. It’ll get a week or two more as well. Seeds not mature yet - but the pollinated branches are getting close.

GF x BB :

I just have a soft spot for her. Both plants got beat to shit over the course of this flowering - but she’s still putting out. Probably could take them now if I needed to but will wait a week or two. Candy smell to them, same smell as their mom, sane structure as their mom. These were the first (and only) s1 generation I’ve made and they are as good as keeping a clone of the mom. I just like them :slight_smile:

Chem D and NL x C99 came down about 9 days ago and have been drying. The NL x C99 is a stinky girl! Strong tropical fruit is now tropical fruit with a real nasty funk on the bottom, not garlic or skunk but kind of a mean Yuckiness.

Will throw up some pics when dried and trimmed.

That’s all!

6 Likes

Oh man, that reminds me of some Sweet Tooth I grew out a few years ago. They look quite similar IMO (Not surprising given that they’re very similar genetically).

I enjoyed the heck out of them. I made a ton of seeds, but never any S1 seeds. I’m a bit envious of you, lol.

Everything looks good, great job!

9 Likes

Wow! Ya - you can certainly tell they’re from the same family. Same mom, different dad.

I have always had a soft spot for sweet tooth - I smoked some #3 in university that a friend grew and it really left an impression. I was smoking a lot of ganja at that point haha

This was the Chimera release (which is the same as Sweet Tooth 1.1). Nice plants.

I actually did kind of an F2 / incross with these as well, so no shortage of sweet tooth related seeds here. I have a pack of inbred sweet tooth #3 as well I haven’t run haha. I’m happy to send you send fems and F2s if you like - just shoot me a pm.

5 Likes

Weekly update.

Family shot:

Black Dak - Pine smell one:

This one looks about ready to go! Big yielder and very pine scented. Probably give it another week for good measure.

Black Dak - Pepper smell one:

This one is a yielder as well. One bud is monstrous, much larger than what my hand can get around. Rock hard bud too. The one has really come back to a nice black pepper scent. Super happy! Trichs still clear so will give it another week or two.

GF x BB:

These 2 girls look ready to go as well. Probably will let it ride and take it with the rest. Leaves a bit beat up but buds are frosty with a nice candy scent.

Almost there… 1-2 weeks to ripen and good for everyone! Not rushing it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nicely done and just about time to reap the rewards of your labor.

2 Likes

After almost 3 weeks of drying (outdoor in a shed, out of sunlight, in anywhere between 40-60F) the NL x C99 is done!

Not the best pic but gives you an idea.

I have had frostier weed, and it’s not as dense as I’d like (I’d was far from the lamp though). But boy is it stinky! Probably some of, if not the most, strong smelling grass I’ve grown. Has a real tropical fruit scent and then a backend of real funk/skunk.

Can’t wait to try!

9 Likes

Nothing wrong with a pre cure sample

4 Likes

Damn right :slight_smile: that will be happening over the weekend!

2 Likes

Very nice, wanted to give multiple likes to a few of those pictures brother ! Real excited about the line work you have planned ! Yeah brother, inspiring !
Peace and Mad Respect !

2 Likes

‘Bud’dy!!! Looking friggin’ good!!!
…gf said your a wannabe manitoba…
Man i tob a
Pretty close, dude…lol

1 Like

Ha! I’ve been out to the ‘peg a few times - more than most other parts of the country outside of Ontario!

1 Like

Sometimes I get lucky :slight_smile: the black dak was all @lefthandseeds. These are nice plants - if anyone has seeds of it they should get popping them!

1 Like

Well here we go - this should be the final update before the chop.

Family shot:

I think everyone is just about ready. The Black Daks are still pumping out some white pistils and their trichs are clear to milky…: so I could probably keep them rolling for a few weeks but given they are more narcotic a clearer gland will likely help to keep them more upbeat. I must be at about 12 weeks now… more than enough time for them to get their act together and finish up!

Black Dak - Dakini leaner:

Not the best trich shot - but gives you an idea. These just keep pumping out white clusters! Has a good fade going to the leaves. Trichs getting pretty milky so I’m happy to take this one. Stayed pine smelling the whole time.

Black Dak - Black Domina leaner:

Still pretty clear on trichs - spitting out less white hairs than the other plant, but less fade on the leaves. She could probably go a week or 2 more but I’m happy where she is now. I’ll give her the bulk of this week and then cut her.

Seeds are mature

GF x BB:

These are definitely done! Not much to say - taken on a nice purple hue. candy smell - rock hard buds. I’m happy with these S1s.

Will post up after all is dried.

7 Likes

They look nice and dense! I’ll trade you, mine are 9 days into flower lol

2 Likes

You never know maybe!

I’ll have to check out your grow thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well a bit of time has passed! Thought I would put the final post on this grow.

All has dried - very happy with the outcome.

Black Dak 1 - Dakini Kush leaner - total weight 66g

Huge yielder - buds are not super dense, but they are sticky and resinous. I have yet to smoke this one. Very piney, I have a feeling it will cure out with a bit of burnt rubber on it.

Black Dak 2 - Black Domina leaner - total weight 33g

Love this one! Was a bit of a runt so less yield is understandable - still respectable. Buds are rock hard, scent is black pepper. Well see if some grape comes out in the cure. I have smoked this one and it’s beautiful, a bit of spicy taste comes across in the vape. Zero anxiety, this is feel good weed. Didn’t put me to sleep, didn’t keep me awake - great in between buzz. Hit this with G13HP pollen and am excited to continue down the road with this one.

GF x BB (s1’s) - 2 plants (different seeds tho) total weight 56g

Just like their mom in many ways - sweet candy smells, one slightly more blueberry smelling. Tight, visually appealing buds. Always comes through for me.

NL x C99 - 14gs dry

Very tropical fruit smelling - certainly a lot like the dad! This variety will be ready in 60 days from flip which is nice. If I smoke too much it makes me anxious, but if I have one big hit off the vape it some motivating get shit done weed… no couch lock. This was just a test of a few seeds I made. Interested to see what the rest hold.

Chem D - maybe 4g dry

This plant was small and didn’t produce much… I did smoke some last night and it’s a joy. No anxiety, good clarity - nice high. When harvested it had a predominant lemon smell, that has faded with a bit of cure into the full garlic, body odour scent… actually pretty smelly if it’s just in a bag in your pocket. The smell and taste is strangely familiar like I’ve had something similar in the past.

Anyhow - it’s a wrap! Til the next journal :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I personally love the super fruity strains .

3 Likes