Mango Flavor Bud?

Not sure if I’m in the right area, but figured this was the best place to ask. Back around 2002 a buddy of mine had a steady hook up on some mango bud. Later found out it was another former friend’s grandma who was growing it. Now, I’ve had a lot of other mango tasting bud since then, but never again like this stuff. The mango flavor was so strong that it made your mouth water to the point it felt like you just bit into a ripe mango straight off the tree. It was super strong, two hits off a one hitter and you were good. It had a fairly strong body buzz, but not couch lock. Good day time smoke. Unfortunately, by the time I ran into the former friend again his grandma had passed away and there was no way to find out what the strain/genetics was. Anyone else had something like this, and if so, what strains could possibly fit the description?

7 Likes

I think I read or heard that Mango from So. Calif. became Green Crack…but just rumor, fwiw.

Look on en.seedfinder.eu

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I’m smoking PattiCake and it’s got a mango smell and taste.

5 Likes

Sounds like BC Mango…think I saw some over at Bonza not long back

6 Likes

One of these days I have to see if we can’t hunt down that strawberry jam phenotype. If the phenotype can get that complex just imagine the phenotype they’re talking about with mango :yum:

5 Likes

There was a KC brains strain called mango years ago, I’ve never tried it though.

6 Likes

They are still available.

They are a higher CBD strain
Cheap as chips :+1:

6 Likes

Could of just been juicy drops on the weed if it tasted like biting into an actual mango. People use it for bud flavouring. To make blueberry weed taste like blueberry. Might not be but just sayin :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks for the replies everyone! I’ll have to look into some of those when I get moved and can get my system off the ground. @Explorer I remember thinking the same thing back when we were getting it all the time. I grew up in Southwest Florida. Growing up the area was the main indoor farming area for the supply through Miami. It was great for being able to get lots of amazing bud, but you could never trust the strain “names”, and I wouldn’t put it past people to be doing something like that. Its still some of the best I’ve ever smoked.

7 Likes

If in swfl it was coming from homestead greenhouses off Krome specifically

5 Likes

Wrong Florida coast, but Homestead has always been a hotbed too. The main areas before the housing crash were Lehigh Acres and Goldengate. After the crash they were popping up everywhere. So many foreclosures that many houses didnt even get looked at for 5 years after turnover. A lot of growers preferred the gulf coast back then since everything was a lot more rural and less risk of exposure not to mention lower overhead than the east coast. Safer and more profitable to just run the hour and a half down alligator alley. Nowadays it’s just easier and safer to get orders in from Colorado or California.

6 Likes

Yes, am saying it came FROM homestead to GG until about ‘06 then some other garbage came also named ‘mango’ that was nowhere close for a couple years after

4 Likes

Oh, you were talking about the mango specifically. That I cant attest to other than I know the one I was getting was grown in SWFL as early as 2001 and was still around in 2012. When my former friend’s grandma died the setup moved to his father. I last ran into him in 2012 and was able to see it in action. Problem is nobody knew the genetics and the former friend got mixed up in the Roxy pill mill deal. He died of an overdose in 2014 and nobody knows what happened to his dad after that.

4 Likes

Like everybody of that time… I was good friends in the early 00’s with the brothers who were bringing it over. Before the ‘mango’ came through everything was just ‘krippy’ and the real hard dense salt and pepper weed. But by ‘12 they had been out of game for a while. 18 year old kids with pockets full of cash getting strung out on dope and fucking up a good thing… colour me shocked

4 Likes

You say safer and easier. I don’t know about that, I think it is more a reflection of the times… thanks to IG and such, all kids care about is a shiny packaging or a flavor of the month strain. And actually, my first experience of the changing times was ‘mango’. High, smell and potency don’t matter. As long as it comes in a tuna can with purple punch written on the front in a pretty little font, consider it sold

6 Likes

I have some bc mango crosses that smell pretty nice and also pineapple chunk is a very mango strain as well…

6 Likes

I’ve had a jack herer x super lemon haze that was spot on mango.

8 Likes

After looking around a bit that BC Mango looks to be close. I’ll have to try it out when I get a chance. Thanks everyone.

5 Likes