Mangobiche Colombian landrace

Count me in!! Looks like fun and I have the perfect spot!

I’d also be interested in a few seeds if possible.
Thanks for sharing them, you’re a legend!

4 Likes

Awesome I enjoy a good sativa.

1 Like

Yeah man . Beans please . Those are rare as hens teeth …

4 Likes

We would be hard pressed to find a real Mangobiche in the commercial seed world. These sound very legit and I would love to grow some out. Thank you for your efforts.

3 Likes

If your expecting them to finish outside here in the UK your waisting your time. Only weed that is viable to grow outside are auto flowering plants. I can’t even manage to get a fast finishing photoperiod plant to finish over here.

10 Likes

Count me in as well. To have survived the “cripi craze” it must be wonderful. Beautiful plants btw.

3 Likes

20 yrs is a long time to breed! Hats off to yr friend. What were yr friends breeding goals ? Maintenance? Heavy selection? Weeding out week plants or off types?

6 Likes

What’s a pack cost? I’m sure i can find a place outside here where these would thrive

4 Likes

Man, that is some gorgeous scenery.

12 Likes

Wow! Thanks for all the interest and kind words, hopefully we can make something work.

@Upstate from what I understand the ‘cripi’ is not a strain but a collection of hybrid (mostly Dutch) genetics including AK-47 and White Widow. You can find it on the street pretty easily, the ‘tourist price’ is about $14 for 3 joints.

I haven’t been there but the Cauca region (south of Cali) has a lot of cripi shows, as you can see from the photo they use lamps to extend the natural 12-hour photoperiod.

Re: selection I think it is more of an open-pollinated landrace than an intensively selected inbred. All the flowers I’ve seen have been lightly seeded, and I think there’s been natural selection for durability and ability to thrive on poor soil.

It’s hard to prove, but I suspect that tropical sativas are good breeding material for mold and mildew resistance, just because it rains so frequently here and many farmers can’t afford to build greenhouses. And yes, it really is a beautiful country. Here’s some more photos from in and around Medellín.

24 Likes

21 Likes

I would love to have some Colombian Seeds.let me know what I need to do!

2 Likes

@Subjectnumber7, thanks for the photos! I’ve never been to South America but always wanted to go. I had a friend from Chile that was going to take me back one year but life got in the way. It looks like a great place to see.

2 Likes

Hey @Subjectnumber7 is that @Howard.Crane in the background in the first pic?

3 Likes

Thank you for your quick response. Agreed… cripi is slang word for hybrid. It seems that the bulk of the younger generation only care about hybrid. This makes the work your friend is doing even more important. One day this younger generation will be our age, and through education and evaluation some will realize what gems their country has produced. We all want what we can’t have. When you are young and full of energy you want to be able to relax. When you are old and tired, you would like to be sped up and invigorated. It’s imperative that we hold on to these long flowering sativas for posterity.

6 Likes

@TheBubbleKing I am not sure, that picture was taken during Expomedeweed 2019 so maybe? In the foreground is Mike Bifari, an activist who is working on legalization in Argentina.

Here are some more Mangobiche pics. It’s just a couple of plants in a backyard but their form is quite good IMO. I think these are at about 10 weeks, still a few left to go…

36 Likes

Your backyard looks like a little slice of HEAVEN!
This will be a Blessing. Thank you sir!

4 Likes

Let me know when you need my add. And r postage

2 Likes

Is that dark brown at the base of the plant the local topsoil or is it top dressed with compost or manure.? Nice color. Plants look like they are happy. I can’t figure out how to blow this picture up, but it looks as if the plant was topped? Or same plant and harvested top cola first?

3 Likes